1,821 results
All reviewsfloor lobbygreen barheavenly bedgreat locationfrench quarterrooftop poola river view roomstarbucks coffeeharrah's casinobourbon streethotel lobbyparking garageself parkguest roomsconvention centershower headcafe du
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was my 2nd stay at the hotel. We had a great view of the the Mississippi River and Downtown New Orleans. I am originally from New Orleans and love the city and it's food and enjoy the comforts of the Westin. I even purchase one of their mattresses. The staff was very friendly and polite. Beautiful lobby area and great drinks at the bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel needs to be updated PERIOD. It is so outdated and there are stains everywhere. I think this is the worst Westin I have stayed in. The housekeeping barely made the beds and we left tips everyday. The view is nice but that is about it. The concierge and check in staff were fine and the bar was nice. I just couldnt get over how stained the floors and the furniture was.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great view, roof top pool was nice for the kids. Close to all the fun of town, but far enough to be out the riff-raff for the kids. We stayed in the parking lot across the street, and found it easy to get in and out of quickly. It is very close to the aquarium, and a short walk to Burbon Street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I decided to go on a long weekend getaway for our one year anniversary. Neither of us had ever been to New Orleans and always wanted to go. Initially, we were supposed to stay at the Hotel Monteleone (see my review of that hotel.) After that horrific 2 hours of dealing with the staff over there, we ended up at the Westin on Canal Street. It was 11 pm on a Thursday night and my husband and I were tapped out. When we walked up to the front desk, the staff was very friendly. We started to explain to the front desk clerk what went on at the Monteleone, and the manager on duty that night just happened to hear our conversation and jumped right in to get further details. After we explained everything, he asked us what we were paying each night over there, and he decided that he was going to honor that same price per night at his hotel. We were so shocked and so appreciative! After that, we said our thanks and headed up to our assigned room. When we got to it, the door was wide open with two huge drying fans blasting into it. We couldn’t believe it! Luckily, the bell man was with us and he called the manager. The manager was there to meet us within 3 minutes of the call. He brought us (2) 5 course meal vouchers for the restaurant inside the hotel as well as keys to a new room. The new room was on the club level facing the river. Spectacular view!

We ended up eating in the hotel restaurant on two different nights because the food was some of the best we had the entire time we were there.

My experience at this hotel has made me a major advocate for staying at Starwood properties wherever my travels take me.

Room Tip: top floor facing the river
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Having stayed at Westin's before and always being very pleased I could not believe the condition and quality of this hotel. I was so ready to get to the Westin because I knew I would be satisfied and would be able to rest comfortably in the elegance I have come to know as The Westin, boy was I wrong! The room was bland and had no warmth to it, the walls were stained with scratches and marks, parts of the carpet were coming up from the walls, there were cracks in the base boards and one going up the wall. The bathroom had stains on its walls as well, the tile in the shower had mold in the crevices and the floors were sticky. SOOOO I asked to be moved to a different room d/t its condition, 1 floor up same thing. They really need to renovate or at least do some thorough cleaning in this hotel. On top of all this our room was not serviced at all. We left in the morning and came back around 4 to rest and get ready before dinner, I called the front desk and asked why our room had not been serviced and was told "they(housekeeping) were still in the building and we had not been forgotten, explained that we would be resting so send someone up maybe an hour later...no prob right? 10min later they are knocking on my door, asked them to come back in an hour, they said no prob, moral of the story the room was not cleaned. Asked for more towels to be brought up around 10pm when we got back along with a robe that was not provided in my room but requested the night before, never received. I will not be staying here again and would def advise against it. Complete disappointment!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family