Was there for 4 days and loved the location to the Warehouse District and the Quarter. Views from lobby and our room were absolutely stunning. This hotel only needs to be renovated...looks worn and dated.
1. Elevator problems are being worked on and we incurred only one
incident that was not Westin's fault. Overall, elevators were very
2. Room was spacious with great beds/linen. It needed a chair or two to
fill in the empty space by window to enjoy the great view.
3. Our room had a mini bar but not working. Front desk did not offer
to replace it...just said "none were available and that we could
get ice on the floor". Really! Needless to say, we did not use it.
4. Bathroom was nicely appointed but the tub had bad mold in grout
lines. This was very disturbing when taking a bath. Nasty!
This could be great hotel if only updated. I don't think I would stay there again. Too many nicer hotels around but that view is a "Wow".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin New Orleans Canal Place is perched high above the city on the upper floors of Canal Place, which also features upscale retail such as Saks Fifth Avenue, LuluLemon, and Tiffany & Co. Guests enjoy spectacular views of the river and French Quarter from our lobby, River 127 restaurant, guestrooms, and meeting spaces in a relaxing environment where they experience our Six Pillars of Well-Being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin New Orleans Canal Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin New Orleans Canal Place Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Westin
- Westin Canal Place
- Westin Hotel New Orleans