All reviewsruby slipperhigh ceilingsfront deskgreat locationfrench quarterfour posterwindowless roomwithout windowsfoot ceilingscanal streetvalet parkingolder hotelwithin walking distancecomfortable bedswould stay here againbeautiful roomwalked everywhere
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We checked in very late. No problems getting there with the airport shuttle. The room was cold(60 degrees F), but that made for good sleeping. The location is excellent being within walking distance of the attractions around the French Quarter and the trolley cars.

In the morning, I called to report the cold problem that I was unable to fix with the thermostat. No one came to fix it. We came back late for check out, which was 11 am. We checked out at 12:25 and were told we were already charged for another night. I argued and was told it was easy to cut it back to a $50 late fee. I continued to complain. Brandon, the assistant manager, knew our room was cold, which may have been why he took off all the late charges. Overall, it was a nice room, great location and a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank David_C54_13
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here for a night back in late January, got a room for $119 at midnight because we hadn't booked our hotel room for the night we arrived from New York. We were grateful to have found a room. The room we had was nice, with charming details such as an antique-ish bed, intricately framed gold mirror, old hardcover books in a bookshelf, and high ceilings with crown molding. The things we were not wild about was not having any window in the room, and no breakfast. But hey the price was right, and we were thankful for a comfortable bed at midnight! This hotel is not IN the French Quarter, but walk literally 3 min and you will be there, without having to worry about not being able to sleep from the deafening noise of the quarter at night. Why pay more to stay in the Quarter and get no sleep? The front desk people were also very very nice.

Room Tip: If you would like a view, be sure to ask for a room with a window. While we were able to get great sleep in the dark, we would have really liked to have some natural light instead of feeling like we were underground.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hikingchickie
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed at the Pelham Oct 6, 2013, for 4 nights. Hotel Concierge Brandon, and Thomas were welcoming, polite, well spoken, and full of information, and always ready to help, and answer any questions we had regarding which restaurant to eat at or if we needed directions.
The Hotel Pelham was just a beautiful hotel, rooms were big enough, clean, and just what I expected to see from a hotel in New Orleans, high ceilings, beautiful big windows. No coffee maker, or mini frig or micro-wave in room, but had a wonderful Keurig in the lobby.......
No need to rent a car you can walk everywhere, or hop on a trolly car
Brandon or Thomas will help choose Swamp tours, or Plantation tours, or any tour of your choice and arrange transportation as well.
I feel that the whole trip was fun and everyone I met on this trip was nice and happy to talk to you and wounderful to talk to you and enjoyed helping you.
Loved NOLA.....Thank you. Sue, Debi, Brianna, Taylor, DJ

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Another recommendation from a friend,who came for a medical convention last year,The Pelham is not one of your big box hotels and is what you want when you stay in New orleans,high ceilings,large windows in one of our rooms,no windows in the other but when you are in New orleans and out to 4am who wants windows,very quiet but central to French Quarter,Casino,Ware house district and block from the street car,Hotel was built in 1860 but has been refurbished recently,clean rooms,well appointed bathrooms,good quality toiletries,a peaceful ambience away from the Quarter.
Will book on my next convention visit

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ted B
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend and two of our friends for a fun-filled weekend in NOLA. First impressions were that the hotel was a very pretty boutique hotel with the perfect location for everything we planned on doing that weekend. The staff was hit or miss depending on the shift. One guy in particular (I wish I remembered his name) was fantastic and recommended some awesome things for us to do while in town, and was also helpful in getting us set up in our rooms quickly and efficiently upon arrival. Other than him, though, the staff was rude and utterly unhelpful, and overall just seemed to be put out by us asking for assistance with anything. The rooms themselves were small and windowless, which I wished we had known prior to booking. The cleanliness was questionable. The shower in my bathroom was kind of gross and clearly hadn't been cleaned since the previous visitor, as there was hair everywhere inside of it. Yuck! This made me wonder if everything else was clean. I don't recommend staying here unless you only plan on sleeping here and don't expect much of the hotel staff. This was my first time visiting NOLA, and I cannot wait to go back, but I will be staying somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and check the availability of rooms with windows, as most of their rooms are windowless.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple