The Pelham
Preferred Hotels
$238
$209
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
  • Breakfast included
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
$259
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
$138
$102
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$109
$104
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsruby slipperhigh ceilingsfront deskgreat locationfrench quarterfour posterwithout windowsvalet parkingcanal streetinterior roomolder hotelfirst floorwithin walking distanceshort walkwould stay here againcomfortable bedsbeautiful room
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel for the location, which was everything I was looking for. Two blocks from the French quarter, so that I wouldn't need my car to go anywhere.

The service on the other hand wasn't good at all. Everything was done at the slowest pace possible and I didn't feel that the front desk wanted to help in any way. As an example I got at the hotel 30 minutes before my check in time, after driving for 8 hours so all we wanted was to go up to our room to refresh before going out again. Most hotels I've been were able to let me check in 30 minutes or even one hour before the check in time. At the Pelham they told me I would have to wait until 3, which I understood. However, we waited until 4 and still were not able to check in, so we ended up leaving to the French quarter without even being able to leave ours bags in our room.
Last note, some rooms are windowless, which not even in NY, where space is crucial I have encountered this. It can be truly claustrophobic and I wish the hotel would let you know prior to reserving or even charge you a premium for a room with a window. I know it sounds absurd but I think I would pay a little bit more just to have some fresh air entering my room.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank mairabu
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is defiantly not a full service hotel. There is no staff except for the one front desk person. The two we encountered were very friendly and knowledgable. The room had very high.ceilings and was very cozy.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First off, the Pelham has a great location. It's a four-minute walk from the French Quarter and a 20-second walk to several trolley lines. You can rent a car if you want, but we walked everywhere with ease. Stumbling distance from Bourbon as well.

The rooms are nothing mind-blowing (at least ours wasn't), but the beds are comfortable and the rooms have a good New Orleans feel. Our room was windowless, so I can't speak to the view, but we were comfortable. The furnishings are sparse (TV, nightstand, a few lamps), but who goes to NOLA to sit in their room? I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. We were on a tight budget and they never once offered something out of our price range.

We're planning to go back to New Orleans and the Pelham is high on our list of places to stay.

Room Tip: If you don't mind sleeping in a windowless room, there are some very affordable options.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank cnacke
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Location of hotel was very good... within walking distance of main tourist attractions. Street was quiet with little traffic. Staff were friendly but not very helpful. Room was clean on arrival but no housekeeping during our stay. There was no window in our room ... so no view. Also the soundproofing of the rooms not great... noise from neighbouring rooms was disruptive.

Room Tip: ask for room with a window and view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Positive: We selected The Pelham based on Travel Advisor reviews. We used Booking.com for our arrangements. The location for us was prefect. Located in CBD just one block of Canal - a short walk to the riverfront, streetcars, French Quarter, the shopping mall, the casino. We enjoyed the fact that it was situated on a street not heavily traveled making the immediate surroundings quiet. The Staff was helpful and courteous. The four days we stayed there we were always warmly greeted when every we retuned from a venture. The room, an interior room with no windows, was nicely decorated, clean. Our room had 15 foot high ceilings so we did not feel claustrophobic. USA Today placed at the door daily. The air conditioning worked great considering the hot humid August weather outside. Shower only - which was ok for us but this might not be suitable for others. Great food at The Ruby Slipper - open for breakfast and lunch.

On the down side: The Wi-Fi signal was strong on the first day after that very weak - 1 bar. We had to depend on 3G connection. We could not get the safe to work properly. That was a little inconvenient. The price of parking is very high. This is not the hotel's fault. Parking prices in this area are high ($25 to $40 a day). This can take an unexpected chunk out of your travel budget. Ruins great deal you got on a room or rental car.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has windows and a bath tub if you need those for your comfort zone.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple