All reviewsruby slipperhigh ceilingsfront deskgreat locationfrench quarterfour posterwindowless roomwithout windowsfoot ceilingscanal streetvalet parkingolder hotelwithin walking distancecomfortable bedswould stay here againbeautiful roomwalked everywhere
Reviewed August 14, 2013

From start to finish a great experience. I was a New Orleans native and this hotel and staff made my visit a homecoming to remember. It was my first visit back since I left for 5 years and staying at this hotel made my leaving again very difficult. From the outside; the hotel front with its classic New Orleans architecture and look; to the lobby with its awesome and authentic ambiance I was home. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and quick to tell us what the latest and greatest place to eat was. The rooms were clean, had great atmosphere and very restful after a hard day and night visiting the French Quarter sites. It was very hot and humid when we were there but the hotel was cool and fresh, and the air conditioning was ice cold; much appreciated. All in all this was a fantastic experience. The location is exceptional also, less than a block to canal and the quarter, and right up from Harrahs which my wife appreciated. I will be staying at the Pelham whenever I am in New Orleans, and because of the warm reception I will be back at New Orleans much more than I have been in the past. Compared to other very well known hotels that I have stayed in New Orleans, this hotel is an authentic and lovely New Orleans experience that I would recommend to anyone that wants to enjoy the French Quarter the way it was supposed to be enjoyed.

Room Tip: If have children ask about the windowless rooms for a great nights sleep!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ajw972013
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We were recently in New Orleans for a quick visit and needed a simple hotel close to the trolley line, restaurants and the Quarter. I came across The Pelham on Booking.com and decided to give it a try based upon the reviews. I'm so glad that I did!

The hotel is above the The Ruby Slipper, which is a great breakfast/ lunch restaurant we enjoy visiting. It has apparently been under renovation and the service was great! Our room had an 18 foot ceiling, large windows with black out shades, 4 poster beds and a comfortable feel. The hotel is not modern, but has that perfect new Orleans feel. (There was even a wooden step stool tucked under the bed for climbing in) I found our room very spacious compared to previous rooms at the Hilton, the Omni and the Bourboun Orleans, but the bathroom not as new and comfortable as many 4 star hotels. This said, the bathroom had plenty of space, the products smelled wonderful and the water pressure was perfect.

Overall, this wasn't a 4 or 5 star hotel but it was a fantastic 3 on its way up! Not to mention, our rate was fabulous. We will be staying again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I’ve stayed at 5 different hotels in New Orleans, and I want to say I really enjoyed my stay at the Pelham Hotel. Its location is great for those that like to gamble at Harrah’s, take tours, enjoy those delicious beignets at Café Du Monde, and shop at the French Market; this is the hotel for you. The casino is ½ block away. The tours’ ticket box (Jax Brewery), Café Du Monde, and the French Market are on Decatur Street, which is 1 block from the Pelham Hotel across Canal Street. So, there is no going through several blocks and streets to get to these places.

The rooms were modern, especially the bathroom, and the beds were very, very comfy. For those that like the rooms to be really cold during the summer, this is the place for you. I personally don’t, but all I had to do is get under the comfy comforter. And let’s not forget the friendly hotel front desk staff.

I will definitely tell my friends, and will return to this hotel on my next time to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I see from the other reviews that I am in the minority by not liking this place.
Perhaps, I have different priorities.
Here my summary: never saw a coffee pot in the room, stranger's hair in the tub before our use, and dead rat the size of a cat right in front.
Some great hotels have people out in front to greet you, tell you where to park, etc.
Not here.
There was one redeeming quality: Brandon...works the front desk....super duper nice, friendly, and a treasure chest of information about the city.
Well...also...the hotel is near several good tourist attractions.

Room Tip: would not advise staying here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the Pelham for four nights while we were in town celebrating my birthday. It was a great location! Close to the Main Street to catch the trolley or run in the store or even walk a few blocks to anywhere you wanted to go. Casino was very close by. The most important thing was the staff! Thomas, Troy and Brandon were very friendly and helpful in directing us just were we wanted to go. "The Ruby Slipper" was right next door for a great breakfast. We had a fabulous room with windows and touch of old world charm. Only thing we would change is to have a fridge in our room for drinks. I was a little nervous about the elevator. It's dark and hot. But it's an older hotel! Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013