All reviews ruby slipper high ceilings front desk great location french quarter four poster windowless room without windows foot ceilings canal street valet parking older hotel within walking distance comfortable beds would stay here again beautiful room walked everywhere
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I’ve stayed at 5 different hotels in New Orleans, and I want to say I really enjoyed my stay at the Pelham Hotel. Its location is great for those that like to gamble at Harrah’s, take tours, enjoy those delicious beignets at Café Du Monde, and shop at the French Market; this is the hotel for you. The casino is ½ block away. The tours’ ticket box (Jax Brewery), Café Du Monde, and the French Market are on Decatur Street, which is 1 block from the Pelham Hotel across Canal Street. So, there is no going through several blocks and streets to get to these places.

The rooms were modern, especially the bathroom, and the beds were very, very comfy. For those that like the rooms to be really cold during the summer, this is the place for you. I personally don’t, but all I had to do is get under the comfy comforter. And let’s not forget the friendly hotel front desk staff.

I will definitely tell my friends, and will return to this hotel on my next time to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I see from the other reviews that I am in the minority by not liking this place.
Perhaps, I have different priorities.
Here my summary: never saw a coffee pot in the room, stranger's hair in the tub before our use, and dead rat the size of a cat right in front.
Some great hotels have people out in front to greet you, tell you where to park, etc.
Not here.
There was one redeeming quality: Brandon...works the front desk....super duper nice, friendly, and a treasure chest of information about the city.
Well...also...the hotel is near several good tourist attractions.

Room Tip: would not advise staying here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the Pelham for four nights while we were in town celebrating my birthday. It was a great location! Close to the Main Street to catch the trolley or run in the store or even walk a few blocks to anywhere you wanted to go. Casino was very close by. The most important thing was the staff! Thomas, Troy and Brandon were very friendly and helpful in directing us just were we wanted to go. "The Ruby Slipper" was right next door for a great breakfast. We had a fabulous room with windows and touch of old world charm. Only thing we would change is to have a fridge in our room for drinks. I was a little nervous about the elevator. It's dark and hot. But it's an older hotel! Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

There were 5 ladies in our group. We stayed in 2 separate rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Location to food and fun was great. My mom can't walk too far for too long and being close to the trolley system made this a good choice. As far as guest services, Troy was informative, professional and oh so sweet to us! He encouraged us to take the Katrina Tour if we were interested in seeing more than just the tourist section. We were visiting from Florida and we know that there is more to Florida than Disney world, so my sister and I took the tour. Very enlightening as to what really happened and how far they have come in making things better, but all is not better, the hardest hit area (even after 5 years) still looks devastated. So sad to see that the U.S. hasn't done enough to help it's own people, don't get me started.
I am looking forward to going back and taking my husband. Lots to see and do, and I will defiantly stay at the Pelham over and over.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of a two week road trip, the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help us. Troy on the front desk was fantastic, and gave us a great breakfast recommendation (Mothers).
The location is amazing, close to the French Quarter, the shops and Bourbon Street.
Other people have complained about the windowless room, but I really liked the room, it was beautifully decorated, and very clean. The lack of windows meant you could actually sleep and it was very cool even when it was boiling hot outside.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends