All reviewsruby slipperhigh ceilingsfront deskgreat locationfrench quarterfour posterwindowless roomwithout windowsfoot ceilingscanal streetvalet parkingolder hotelwithin walking distancecomfortable bedswould stay here againbeautiful roomwalked everywhere
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I see from the other reviews that I am in the minority by not liking this place.
Perhaps, I have different priorities.
Here my summary: never saw a coffee pot in the room, stranger's hair in the tub before our use, and dead rat the size of a cat right in front.
Some great hotels have people out in front to greet you, tell you where to park, etc.
Not here.
There was one redeeming quality: Brandon...works the front desk....super duper nice, friendly, and a treasure chest of information about the city.
Well...also...the hotel is near several good tourist attractions.

Room Tip: would not advise staying here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the Pelham for four nights while we were in town celebrating my birthday. It was a great location! Close to the Main Street to catch the trolley or run in the store or even walk a few blocks to anywhere you wanted to go. Casino was very close by. The most important thing was the staff! Thomas, Troy and Brandon were very friendly and helpful in directing us just were we wanted to go. "The Ruby Slipper" was right next door for a great breakfast. We had a fabulous room with windows and touch of old world charm. Only thing we would change is to have a fridge in our room for drinks. I was a little nervous about the elevator. It's dark and hot. But it's an older hotel! Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

There were 5 ladies in our group. We stayed in 2 separate rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Location to food and fun was great. My mom can't walk too far for too long and being close to the trolley system made this a good choice. As far as guest services, Troy was informative, professional and oh so sweet to us! He encouraged us to take the Katrina Tour if we were interested in seeing more than just the tourist section. We were visiting from Florida and we know that there is more to Florida than Disney world, so my sister and I took the tour. Very enlightening as to what really happened and how far they have come in making things better, but all is not better, the hardest hit area (even after 5 years) still looks devastated. So sad to see that the U.S. hasn't done enough to help it's own people, don't get me started.
I am looking forward to going back and taking my husband. Lots to see and do, and I will defiantly stay at the Pelham over and over.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of a two week road trip, the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help us. Troy on the front desk was fantastic, and gave us a great breakfast recommendation (Mothers).
The location is amazing, close to the French Quarter, the shops and Bourbon Street.
Other people have complained about the windowless room, but I really liked the room, it was beautifully decorated, and very clean. The lack of windows meant you could actually sleep and it was very cool even when it was boiling hot outside.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Lots of reviews on here hating the windowless room, but I liked ours and they have plenty of rooms WITH windows. We had a 2.5 yr okd around who NEVER sleeps in, that is unless we trick him with a dark room! And it was great for those mid-day naps. The room was kind of small, but much more affordable than others on the same street block. The desk clerks were very friendly, there were lots of families staying when we were there, and not a lot of excess noise in the hallways. The location can't be beat for Audubon Attractions and touring the "cleaner" side of town. We loved it!

1  Thank Kerry S