All reviewsruby slipperhigh ceilingsfront deskgreat locationfrench quarterfour posterwindowless roomwithout windowsfoot ceilingscanal streetvalet parkingolder hotelwithin walking distancecomfortable bedswould stay here againbeautiful roomwalked everywhere
Reviewed July 26, 2013

In celebration of our 30th anniversary, we chose to do a family trip with our two daughters and their husbands. Because I wanted "old world charm" rather than the usual modern conveniences of a chain hotel, I chose the Pelham. It had all the charm that I expected...exposed brick walls, tall windows draped in heavy curtains as well as high ceilings with thick crown molding. The rooms were clean and offered all the amenities we needed...safe, ironing board, blow dryer, cable, etc. If I had to put anything on my "wish list", it would be a small fridge and microwave for the left-overs from the fantastic restaurants we went to. The breakfast at "The Ruby Slipper" was fantastic and the hotel's location is great!
However, the true stand-out at the Pelham, hands down, has to be the staff. Everyone was extremely friendly. The two gentlemen at the front desk, Brandon and Thomas were amazing! They were both friendly, helpful and had an obvious love for "their city". They both gave us advice on where to go, what to do, where to eat...never steered us wrong. Indeed a far better resource than any brochure!
Beautiful hotel, great location, very affordable. If we return to NOLA I would stay at The Pelham again without hesitation.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My son and I spent three nights at The Pelham as he was moving to New Orleans and we needed a place to stay while he looked for an apartment. The room was large, clean, and fit our needs. I loved the high ceilings and the classic feel of the hotel. The staff, in particular Troy, were very helpful to us as we had never visited the city before. One bonus is that the restaurant "The Ruby Slipper" is next door and has a great breakfast. My only complaint was the fact that the rooms do not come with refrigerators, but that was a very minor issue. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to New Orleans.

1  Thank epanow
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Mary at booking.com hooked us up with James Harris at the pelam and he & Troy and the other James Treated us Mississippi Rednecks like rock stars.My girlfrend was impressed,the room,location,service. After we thoght we had her mother eating,and in bed,we walked across canal st to felix's,ate some orsters and walked right back to find her (crazy, altimers, mother sitting in the lobby and not in the bed like she promised) Thank God Troy didn't let her out an asked her to sit in the loby and wait on us, we would be right back,we might still be in the quarter looking for her. I can't say enough about the staff. super nice!! I'll be back soon but my girldfriend won't have her mother with her!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor is close to the ice & lobby.
3  Thank mike l
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have stayed here several times just this year and love the location & front desk staff. It is slow at times but they are very nice. Rooms are not fancy but clean & nice. However we needed to cancel one of our nights this past week & it was a shock to find out it is a 72 hour from your first nights stay to cancel anything with your reservation. So in the future we will only book at last minute or if we are 100% sure we are going to stay if book more than one night!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cpc2177
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I loved our stay at the Pelham Hotel. I had called for a room with a window ahead of time but to my luck we get there and did not get one. I was a little disappointed but when we got to our room and saw it we thought this may be alright right and it was. The room was very clean and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The ac was great kept the room very cold " like my wife and I like it ". We had everything we needed. The man at the front desk Troy was great he was very friendly and did his best to make us comfortable. We were only a few blocks from the French Quarter so we did not have to use our car at all, we had it placed in the garage and did not see it again until the morning we left. This hotel was very classy and a very beautiful building. I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. The prices for the room was much more affordable than surrounding hotels. When we go back we will most definitely be staying at the Pelham.

Room Tip: You can try to get a room with a window, but do not worry my personal feelings are that all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple