The Pelham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Omni Royal Crescent Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel de L'Eau Vive(New Orleans)
  • Pool
International House Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsruby slipperhigh ceilingsfront deskgreat locationfrench quarterfour posterwithout windowsvalet parkingcanal streetinterior roomolder hotelfirst floorwithin walking distanceshort walkwould stay here againcomfortable bedsbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

From beginning to end this hotel's service is butter sweet. Josh the Front Desk Manager is very rude and incompetent! Thomas which a front desk clerk is patient and imformative. They linked my reservation with another guest's causing confusion. Initially when we checked into our room the towels were dirty and stained. The elevators were down so we had to use the stairs which were dripping water on the floor. The staff put towels down to sock up the excessive water. House keeping never came to clean our room, even after me calling and letting them know I room had not been cleaned. Two of out guest arrive Saturday, and had to sleep on the same covers another guest guest accompanying me had slept on the night before. Also, those young lady specially asked the front desk to charge her credit card for valet. I found that they not only over changed me for my room rate, but also charge me for 2 car valet. I have tried to contact the General Manager as I was instructed to do by Thomas. After 3 attempts, I talked to Josh who is the FT Desk manger, who lack customer service skills and I caught lying 2 times about the availability of the GM. He first told me the GM had not come in today, they he said he is just not available. When Thomas had already told me prior that the GM was there at the hotel. Horrible Experience!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank MzVintage
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Two girlfriends and I went July 5-8. The room and bathroom were very small compared to the pictures. No microwave or micro fridge. Old school t.v. There was hair in the shower. The water was either extremely hot or too cold. They charged my card twice for valet parking, someone decided to charge me for the first 2 days even though there was a hold already for the valet parking from when we first checked in. No pool, no gym if you are an athletic person ---bad deal! The location was great far as being off Bourbon to sleep in and walking distance to the Superdome, Canal, and Bourbon.
The best part of the trip, the customer service @ the front desk!!! Very insightful on restaurants and places to hang out. Expect to pay $30 for valet or $15 to park across the street where only a camera keeps watch over your vehicle.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Spent 2 nights at the Pelham and enjoyed it thoroughly. Beautiful Historic Property true New Orleans, The Pelham is located easy walking distance to all attractions, room was beautiful with very high ceilings, lovely bathroom, very helpful staff & tye housekeeper was very accommodating as we are late risers and came back after we left to go out in the afternoon. Good Coffee offered downstairs . Will be staying at the Pelham again

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla V
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We arrived late on Wednesday Night and had a lovely man greet us at the front desk , our room 202 was windowless but beautifully decorated with original brickwork and cyprus beams, showing a true orleans room, large bathroom and flat screen tv, all very clean. We had a great nights sleep and went to the Hotels Restaurant - The Ruby Slipper for breakfast. It was scrumptious. I.Spent the morning visiting the French Quarter and French Market and then walked back to the Pelham along the Miss, all within 5 to 10 minutes walk. The Casino is 1 block down and warehouse district 15 minutes down Magazine. Joseph is one of the front desk members, he was very helpful and booked us at one of his recommended restaurants, The Chophouse ,one block down Magazine St.
My partner and I had a wonderful 3 days, I highly recommend it!!!
Enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee S
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Our room was great with two large windows, clean bathroom and the ac worked fine for us. Very close to Burbon street and within walking distance to many shops and resturants. Only negative is parking we didn't valet (offered by hotel for $30) and chose to park across the street which worked fine for us ($15 no in out though). We also enjoyed breakfast at The Ruby Slipper…Would stay here again!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family