“Bad,Bad<bad” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #84 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Belton, Missouri
“Bad,Bad<bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Old I can understand. Peeling paint , drapes falling down, faucets didn't work right, ect.. The repairs that had been made looked like it was done by monkeys..They even charge you a safe charge.The safe didn't even work. Front desk was always clueless and less than helpfull.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Raymond M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

It's all about location for me and my daughter who enjoy great weekends in the French Quarter. This unique location holds a wonderful history that makes it more special. The access to everything you could need is only steps away. Expect to see upgrades as it has recently been purchased by the Hampton Inn. There is a new staff, hi Kiki. The restaurant next door is now operating as the Red Slipper. We have to hope that the price point does not change. We like!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank independent24365
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I recently stayed here for Essence and it was a total disaster! We requested a room with a window before arriving, but when we arrived, we were told that all "window" rooms were booked.....this is just the beginning. When we entered the room, it reaped of mildew! We brought this to the hotel's staff attention and were told that the hotel was under renovation....as if this makes it ok for it to smelll this way. During our entire 5 night stay, the toilet flood every single night! We were told that due to the htoel being under renovation, they have not been able to address the plumbing issues. Ater every shower, the water from the tub leaked unto the floor. The bathroom ceiling was practically falling apart. The bed leaned towards the floor after every night of sleep, and the icemaker stayed unstocked. When we asked for clean towels, we were told that the entire hotel only had 60 towels, and that getting additional towels were limited. On the bright side, we were able to speak with the manager on the last day of our visit. Maintenance were most helpful, they practically did everyone else's job. I usually give everyone the benefit of doubt, even after reading the reviews, but in this case, the reviews are true, this place is an absolute dump! Please do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank PrettyGirlsRock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I came to the hotel for a romantic trip with my husband and I honestly loved the location because we walked everywhere from the mall to bourbon st even to the riverwalk the hotel is now under new ownership and the staff came to my aid when I needed directions or any type of information they also made sure that we were enjoying ourself's disregard the other reviews that are negative because honestly the cost and location are amazing

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Mrsjanvierward
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

The Pelham was adorable. It is in the right spot for all tourist sites but costs the fraction of other major hotels. This hotel has an antique feel. If you are a laid back person who is not to concerned with the hype of the night life then this hotel is the place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Ottawa Lake, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

I'm originally from New Orleans but Live in Michigan now. Came to visit family and went the cheap way and stayed at the Pelham. Obviously you get what you pay for.... First check in was ok but the front desk man did not know anything about the parking and told me the Valet was 32.00 per day. There's a parking lot across the street that charges 25.00 for 24 hrs! and was warned that the Valet took aprox. 20 min to come and get your car and to bring it back. So I just parked across the street... Once we got to our room, the A/C did not work. Called the front desk and they came up to try and fix it but couldn't, so we got another room. This one was bigger and had the marble countertops like in the pics but the room was kinda yucky feeling. I stayed there for 6 nights! (unfortunatelly, I pre paid 2 months ago). Then I left and went to Biloxi for a few days and came back for 2 more nights, and was put into a room like my original room and we couldn't get the A/C to work, so an actuall maintenance man came up and pressed a few buttons and it worked; however, my blow dryer did not, so I had to request a new one. On a positive note, they responded pretty quickly to my complaints. But my last night we set the A/C to as low as we can 65 but when we woke up sweating, it was stuck on 78 degrees!!!! Now I get home and find that I have over 250.00 in misc fees. I called the hotel and was advised that everyone there was new and that they have a new system so they don't know where the charges came from, and at check out was told that I was good to go because i had pre paid. (I went throught Cheap tickets.com). Also, be warned They do not change the sheets, I had to doubles and one did not have a fitted sheet just 2 regular sheets, and the other the fitted sheet was put on inside out and there is no way that every night they put the sheets on the same. There is no dresser to put your clothes in, just a hanging closet. Also, No fridge or Coffee maker :(

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DAGE08
Talladega, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed here for Memorial Day weekend with my best friend. Very close to casino! Pulled up and no one came out to help us. Went in to check in and no one even greeted me. I had to speak over the front desk "group" to introduce myself and ask for help. A stranger off the street had to hold the front door open and help us pull the luggage trolley in. got checked in and the room was fairly nice. Could not get the air conditioner to turn off the whole time though. Stayed cool or hot. You would think if you turned the thing on auto and put the air at 72 it would turn off at 72. NOT! got down to 62 and then I would have to shut the whole system off until it got warm again and then turn the air conditioner on again. This happened at night when we were in the room trying to sleep. You could hear everything on the street and we were up pretty high. Low water pressure. everything else was good though. Beds slept wonderfully! will stay here again for the price! Parked at casino and didn't have to pay for parking!

Room Tip: really close to casino