“Service is second to none....Fantastic!!!!”

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
Ranked #75 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“Service is second to none....Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

First let me say that The OMNI Royal Crescent excels in customer service....impeccable!!! From the moment we checked in which was a few hours before checking time, our room was ready. The entire staff has been pleasant, helpful and all go beyond the call of duty. Omni made tour reservations for our family and confirmed an hour before the tour. Once the tour was complete the bus dropped us off 1/2 block from the hotel. it was raining and Dermout from Omni was waiting by the bus with umbrellas for our family. Talk about going beyond the call of duty...I was so impressed and felt very special. Complimentary coffee, juice and tea morning at a time that we designate along with a newspaper. My daughter received complimentary cookies and milk the first night! The room was very clean and equipped with a refrigerator, robes and enough towels and toiletries. It is so annoying when I arrive at a hotel room and there is only one or two towels in my room, etc. The location is wonderful, close to great dining, French Quarter, etc. and the staff is a wealth of information and make excellent recommendations. Truly a great place to stay. I know Omni Royal Crescent will be my choice when visiting New Orleans!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank RoseK0125

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mangilao, Guam
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My stay at this hotel was amazing! From arrival to check-out, the staff and management were friendly and courteous. The room and the amenities were comfortable and spacious. I highly recommend this hotel!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed here during a convention recently and we were very pleased with every aspect of the hotel. It appears to have undergone a recent upgrade. The hotel is very clean and attractive. The rooms are very nice. Comfortable mattress, attractive decor, and everything worked well. To top of the nice facilities the staff is very accommodating and provide excellent customer service.

Chicago, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I would definitely stay here again. This hotel is close to the French Quarter, yet far enough away that you still get a good night's sleep. Very friendly staff. Rooms were very clean and everything was in good working order.

Pascagoula
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our 5th wedding anniversary. We are regulars to New Orleans but this is our first time staying at this hotel (and across Canal St away from French Quarter). The location is fantastic. There are plenty of restaurants within minutes of walking. WW2 Museum is also a few blocks away and totally doable as a walk.

Check in went very smooth. Kendall and Monique warmly greeted us and took care of us from the moment we set foot in the lobby. All requests were metand exceeded beyond our expectations. The room was beautiful and there were lots of extra provisions in the room (q-tips, cotton balls, robe, etc.). We were super pleased with our decision to stay here and this will be our hotel of choice from this point forward!

*If you work out, the gym has two treadmills, two elliptical machines, a bike and a few barbells. It is pretty bare as hotel gyms go. That was the only negative I have with the hotel but it was minor and it does have a sauna so that is nice (although if you are in New Orleans in late summer, just setting foot outside is all the sauna you need ).

Great location, excellent staff, prompt valet service, clean rooms and good rates. We were pleased!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bronx
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My first impression was not positive. A room with a view with a blank wall, an incessant, though low decibel thumping coming from that air shaft out the window (most likely the HVAC system), and a wet spot on the rug did not bode well. The restaurant had somewhat limited menu (and hours), and room service was late at times. But you know, the room WAS quiet compared to the street noise you get in most New Orleans rooms and the bartender was quite a character. The location, just two blocks off Canal Street is great. But I gave the place a chance and after 4 nights I agree I might very well return! Cheers!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We loved the location and the room was fresh and spotless and well priced. The front desk staff were friendly and professional. The one fly in the ointment was the concierge, who, within 10 minutes of us arriving, had expressed disbelief that the smaller of the two suitcases was mine (all women, apparently, travel with loads of stuff - but what business is that of his?), told my husband that of course he would be skiving off the conference to see the sights, and told me that I was there to see my husband "didn't get up to anything". Those are not appropriate comments from someone who doesn't know me and is there to assist, not make and voice uninvited personal judgments. He asked where we were going while in New Orleans and got us some leaflets, which was helpful, but then constantly asked us if we'd read them yet. When one day he asked again about what tours I wanted to go on, I mentioned I'd thought of going on a tour and he started badgering me about him booking it, even when I'd looked at it and realised I wouldn't have time (I told him I had to help my husband, he told me my husband could manage without me). When asking about typical foods to try, I mentioned comfort foods from home and getting some for friends and he told me "typical Scots!", which we are are "always out to make a buck", assuming I charge my friends. I'm sure he thought he was being funny, not that he was sexist and racist.
On day three, my husband texted me to ask when I was meeting him. I replied "about to run the gauntlet" and that's what it felt like. A small hotel with a very small foyer. The manager needs to train him what is appropriate to say and what not.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple