“Nice Hotel...Very Nice People”

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
Ranked #81 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is an older hotel, but well kept. The room was much larger than I thought it would be after reading the square footage. The ceilings were really high and it did have a window view. We were on the Gravier side so the view was a brick wall, but I only wanted the window for the light. The bathroom was a good size, although the toilet was in an awkward spot (in the corner close to the wall). The half glass on the shower was really not that big of a deal. The rooms also have self climate control. We were here for 3 nights on the second floor, corner room, very close to the elevator. There was hardly any noise from the hallway or street....we slept well. The elevators and valet service were quick and the valet was less expensive than most others locations in the area. I requested my car be in a garage and not on the street, they did just what I requested.

Although the young lady behind the desk was not so pleasant when we first arrived, after I told her I expected a better greeting, she was much nicer each time I saw her after that. The rest of the staff was wonderful, Elray and Alex were on the job and made us most welcome and comfortable.

The hotel has a restaurant called "Dress It" which specializes in gourmet burgers your way. I did not have a burger, but did try the crab cake and onions rings, both were really good. Also try Majorias Commerce across the street for a good, cheap breakfast.

The manager left us a really nice note at check-in, I just wish they had taken the time to confirm my gender prior to addressing it. Also I did notice a few other things that I was not pleased with, but chalked it up to normal everyday occurrences and nothing is like we have it at home. If I needed to stay near the French Quarter in the future, I would definitely stay here again. Marriott is normally my go to for travel, but I will be looking to give this brand more business. We are getting married in a 3.5 weeks and are now looking for an Omni in another city for a mini-honeymoon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cvetteadk1
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

We’re glad you enjoyed your staff overall, despite the few errors. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. We wish you all the best and hope that your honeymoon is fantastic.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Superb customer service from Brandy and staff at front desk. Perfect rooms. Nice select benefits. Leyla great bartender. 3 rooms for 3 notes. All enjoyed. Nice fitness room. All very clean and modern. Great ac. Away from noise, but short 2 blocks. Ruby slipper and commerce for bft.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This property is in a perfect location in New Orleans, located just 1.5 blocks from Canal Street, 2.5 blocks from Harrah's Casino, and in a quiet section of town if you don't want all the loud noise of the french quarter. Safe to walk around - with lots of food choices. Be sure and become a select member with Omni - free internet, free beverages (your choice) each morning and free newspapers under your door. About 7 p.m., at nite, maid service delivers ice to your room - nice perk! Rooms are clean, sharp looking - front desk is very helpful and the hotel management emphasis on customer service is real! Be prepared for personal notes, cards, and calls to ensure that your stay is 100% to your satisfaction. 3rd visit to New Orleans, and this is my place from now on. Omni offered a $96.00 a nite rate - can't be beat. Car parking is $26 and the valet is on top of getting your vehicle fast. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rrcer
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. It's great to hear we're your hotel in New Orleans. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The best hotel I've stayed at in New Orleans. The staff is the friendliest I've ever experienced. The location is perfect. Two blocks to the French Quarter (just close enough but also far enough to be quiet) and three blocks to Harrah's. We walked to the WWII Museum and only one block to catch the Saint Charles street car. The rooms and amenities are perfect, Just like you'd expect from an Omni property. Will be there again in October.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank liketwogo
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your October trip more comfortable.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night here on our way to Florida. It was close enough to bourbon st. that you could easily walk but not too close so it was quiet. I have never been in a hotel room so small but it was ok. It was kind of a fun experience to stay in an old building.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel was very clean with out the hotel smell. The bed was comfortable and we were able to sleep all night without the normal hotel air conditioner running all night. Just a few blocks to the night Life. The staff was wonderful...helpful...just great..they go the extra mile. We would stay here again...one of the better hotels.....excellent stay!
Ask for Brandi at the front desk!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen F
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Fast elevators. Really, no waiting. Ok, the rest of the review. Clean, nice well maintained facility. If you want a nice clean room, this is it. Upgraded to queen bed in a room on the eighth floor. Thanks! Great location to all the New Orleans stuff. No charge to use PC in lobby. Free apple fruit. Returned from daily walk abouts to find the room perfect. This not a resort or an extended stay suite. This is a traditional hotel. Spas, and such are for other places. Yes, we understand, that because of it location, and that it is sandwiched between so many other buildings. And that is not a bad thing, some rooms do not have windows. We have not experienced such a space here, but we have endured other places with windows that were just terrible. So get over it.
Other have complained about the half enclosed tub shower. No big deal. Works just fine. I didn't think so at first, but it is fine. No floods.
If you book a room, try breakfast at The Commerce restaurant. Right at the corner. A true throw back to friendlier times. I don't think they have wi-fi! But they have a good breakfast at great prices with genuine people happy to help you get a good start to your day. Check out the 1951 cash registrar, that still rings up each meal.

Yes, I would recommend this hotel. Staff was always available to assist with any request.
About New Orleans people. Simple wonderful! Gracious and kind.

Room Tip: Again, because it is a historic building, slightly small than the new ones on the block, and sandwic...