“Absolutely fantastic”

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
Ranked #81 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We chose this hotel for our honeymoon based on the Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Join the Omni Select guest for free and get free WIFI, free beverages and paper in the morning. We received a complimentary bottle of wine on arrival (because it was our honeymoon). A handwritten note from the manager with his mobile number. turn down service every night. Huge bed. Great aircon. Two blocks from French Quarter. Very helpful reception staff. You have to pay for Valet but that is pretty standard in NOLA. The pool was rather amusing - basically a big bath - but we weren't there for swimming so it was fine. Nice little gym. I cannot stress what fantastic value for money this was. And you are not having to compromise on luxury. We will be staying there next time we are in New Orleans. The burger restaurant seemed pleasant enough - but when you are in new Orleans it seems silly to eat in a hotel!!!!Enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, join the Select Guest loyalty scheme - it is free
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ru38
There are newer reviews for Omni Royal Crescent Hotel

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Went to Jazz Fest for work. Stayed at this hotel and Loved everything about it. Such a nice small feel to the lobby and the Service was so wonderful. Opening doors for us, had some water with lemon ready for us on arrival. Had such a big room with a comfy bed and a huge tub with shower.. a little hard to get into though. First night woke up to water dripping in my bed from the room above or something. Called service desk and they moved me immediately. No hassel at all. Very helpful giving us directions to shuttles for the Fest and how to get to Bourbon st and our places we wanted to go eat. I felt that they were genuine and happy to help. Best service ever at a hotel. We loved the feel of this hotel and how well we were treated and have already reserved rooms for next year for Jazz Fest to make sure that we can stay here again. A little pricy but worth every penny. Walking distance to everything and we didn't take a cab one time.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The hotel is a couple of blocks from Canal Street and the French Quarter and within easy walking distance of most downtown sights and the convention center. Trolley stops along Canal Street make it easy to get to most tourist spots within the city, including the cemetaries, garden district and riverwalk. The trolley from Canal Street to the French Market is under construction this summer, however, it is really not far to walk through the French Quarter to Cafe du Monde and the shops.

The hotel staff are some of the best I have ever encountered. Anna was especially friendly and charming throughout my multi-day stay. The hotel reflects an aged elegance and is quite cozy. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. My only real issue with this hotel was the noise from the street (there is a night club a couple of doors down from the hotel) and noise from nearby rooms. The second night I was there a couple with children checked into the room next to mine and one of the kids screamed ALL night and everyone at our end of the short hallway endured it. I travel with ear-plugs and they could not even block that out. I had never experienced this level of noise from a nearby room. Had it not been for this incident, the only noise would have been from the street below--which I assumed was due to the old windows which may be part of the original facade and therefore un-fixable in a historic district. However, noise from nearby rooms and the hallway should be dealt with.

Another caveat is the room I had was VERY small, which was not a problem for me as I was traveling by myself to a conference, however, might be a problem for a couple. But then again, the hotel may assign rooms based on number of people staying in the room and therefore a couple would not be assigned to a very small room. The historic details of the rooms (odd shape, floor-to-ceiling paned windows, moldings etc) were part of the charm of the hotel, so if you like old buildings you will probably enjoy your stay here.

Were it not for the noise issues I experienced while staying here I would have given the hotel 4-stars, however, due to the noise I am not sure I would stay here again and therefore don't want to give it too high a rating.

1  Thank HaveSuitcaseWillTrvl
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

We're sorry about the noise from a nearby room. We do everything within reason to keep noise levels at a minimum in the hotel, especially if it's kids just being rambunctious at all hours. But if it's a baby crying there's very little we can do about it as I'm sure the parents would like it to stop as well. However we will do everything possible to move you to a quieter room if we have availability. Some people are light sleepers and we want to be respectful of their sleep too.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

As the taxi cab I was in neared Gravier Street, I noticed a rather attractive building ahead of us. What a treat it was to find out that that lovely building was our hotel! The Omni Royal Crescent is a modern hotel in a gorgeous historic building. The location was within easy walking distance of the French Quarter, Mother's on Poydras, and the Riverwalk/Convention Center. The room was very comfortable. The ceilings were probably 12 feet high, and the decor was attractive. The bathroom was HUGE and the shower/tub was fantastic. The staff members at the front desk were always friendly and helpful.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

This is a relatively small, almost boutique-like hotel just two blocks from Canal Street and the French Quarter. We stayed on the 8th (top) floor where it was very peaceful and quiet. The room & bathroom was spotless. King size bed was like sleeping at home. The air conditioning is very capable & quiet (we turned the temperature up to better suit our preferred range). The front desk staff was pleasant, professional and efficient. There was a card in our room on arrival from the hotel manager, which included his cell phone number should we need anything. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2011

If you are in New Orleans and not staying at this hotel you have made a mistake. The hotel is exceptional in every way. Let me just point out how they achieved this distinction. Before I even arrived at the hotel I had experienced a reservation agent who was kind and helpful. The rates were outstanding for New Orleans but especially for a hotel of this class. A couple days before I arrived there was an advanced check-in offered. When I arrived at the hotel it took me about 3 minutes to get to my room.

My room was small but it was comfortable and spotless. The bed was very comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. The bathroom was spotless and well equipped. I had the usual amenitites such as robes and a nice coffee pot. The maid left me extra coffee every day. I asked for a refrigerator and it arrived in about 5 minutes.

So check this out. I had some friends staying at a nearby hotel who wanted to come over and drink some excellent old wine they had brought for us to try. I needed a wine decanter. The front desk checked with the restaruant and they did not have one. So the front desk folks went to work and found a great substitute for me. The polished it up and even provided some clean filter material and wine glasses. This is above and beyond the call. When I wanted to print my boarding pass they did not just point me at a public computer. They printed it for me and had it at the front desk for me to pick up. They have wireless internet and it was free to club members. (Club membership is free also by the way.) And the internet was pretty fast unlike most hotel wireless.

THe restaurant is small, great food and affordable. I was not very hungry one evening so the chef made me a moderate sized dish of red beans and rice with cajun sausage which was just right. You have to try their hamburgers by the way. They are excellent.

Every member of the staff had a smile for me and many remembered my name. I really felt at home and well cared for. I travel a lot and I believe hold the bar pretty high. This hotel really got my attention. When I return to New Orleans I will not even think of staying anywhere else. If you are a professional traveler this is the oasis you are looking for. If you are in New Orleans for vacation it is right in the middle of everything and the staff will help you enjoy your visit.

This is the hotel you should choose in New Orleans. You just can't go wrong.

2  Thank Rickwine
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I frequently travel to the New Orleans area for business and this is my "go to" hotel. The prices are reasonable and the staff is teriffic. It's location make it great for getting in and out of the city. I love being able to walk to a great restaurant for dinner. If you like the casino, it's walking distance from there as well. If you're looking for a home-style breakfast at a good price, check out the Commerce Restaurant across the street. This is one place I can get my spouse to accompany me on a business trip. They do charge for parking, so add that to your budget.

1  Thank Brenda S