“Beautiful hotel in a great location”

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
Ranked #74 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Baltimore, Maryland
“Beautiful hotel in a great location”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

As the taxi cab I was in neared Gravier Street, I noticed a rather attractive building ahead of us. What a treat it was to find out that that lovely building was our hotel! The Omni Royal Crescent is a modern hotel in a gorgeous historic building. The location was within easy walking distance of the French Quarter, Mother's on Poydras, and the Riverwalk/Convention Center. The room was very comfortable. The ceilings were probably 12 feet high, and the decor was attractive. The bathroom was HUGE and the shower/tub was fantastic. The staff members at the front desk were always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This is a relatively small, almost boutique-like hotel just two blocks from Canal Street and the French Quarter. We stayed on the 8th (top) floor where it was very peaceful and quiet. The room & bathroom was spotless. King size bed was like sleeping at home. The air conditioning is very capable & quiet (we turned the temperature up to better suit our preferred range). The front desk staff was pleasant, professional and efficient. There was a card in our room on arrival from the hotel manager, which included his cell phone number should we need anything. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Green Valley, AZ
Reviewed June 25, 2011

If you are in New Orleans and not staying at this hotel you have made a mistake. The hotel is exceptional in every way. Let me just point out how they achieved this distinction. Before I even arrived at the hotel I had experienced a reservation agent who was kind and helpful. The rates were outstanding for New Orleans but especially for a hotel of this class. A couple days before I arrived there was an advanced check-in offered. When I arrived at the hotel it took me about 3 minutes to get to my room.

My room was small but it was comfortable and spotless. The bed was very comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. The bathroom was spotless and well equipped. I had the usual amenitites such as robes and a nice coffee pot. The maid left me extra coffee every day. I asked for a refrigerator and it arrived in about 5 minutes.

So check this out. I had some friends staying at a nearby hotel who wanted to come over and drink some excellent old wine they had brought for us to try. I needed a wine decanter. The front desk checked with the restaruant and they did not have one. So the front desk folks went to work and found a great substitute for me. The polished it up and even provided some clean filter material and wine glasses. This is above and beyond the call. When I wanted to print my boarding pass they did not just point me at a public computer. They printed it for me and had it at the front desk for me to pick up. They have wireless internet and it was free to club members. (Club membership is free also by the way.) And the internet was pretty fast unlike most hotel wireless.

THe restaurant is small, great food and affordable. I was not very hungry one evening so the chef made me a moderate sized dish of red beans and rice with cajun sausage which was just right. You have to try their hamburgers by the way. They are excellent.

Every member of the staff had a smile for me and many remembered my name. I really felt at home and well cared for. I travel a lot and I believe hold the bar pretty high. This hotel really got my attention. When I return to New Orleans I will not even think of staying anywhere else. If you are a professional traveler this is the oasis you are looking for. If you are in New Orleans for vacation it is right in the middle of everything and the staff will help you enjoy your visit.

This is the hotel you should choose in New Orleans. You just can't go wrong.

2 Thank Rickwine
Kemah, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I frequently travel to the New Orleans area for business and this is my "go to" hotel. The prices are reasonable and the staff is teriffic. It's location make it great for getting in and out of the city. I love being able to walk to a great restaurant for dinner. If you like the casino, it's walking distance from there as well. If you're looking for a home-style breakfast at a good price, check out the Commerce Restaurant across the street. This is one place I can get my spouse to accompany me on a business trip. They do charge for parking, so add that to your budget.

1 Thank Brenda S
USA
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My husband came to stay at this hotel after leaving another hotel due to poor accommodations. I was able to book a room the same day of our stay. They were able to accommodate our request for early check in. The room was beautiful. We were in a corner room that had windows galore on two sides of the room and overlooked the street. Noise did penetrate the windows but due to the hotel being away from the noise of the French Quarter proper after dark the noise dropped off considerably. The bed was comfortable and my husband and I slept well out entire 5 night stay.

The fitness room consists of two elliptical and treadmill machines, yoga mats, and a stretch machine and his and her sauna's. The roof deck with jacuzzi pool and lounge chairs, and recliners was very welcoming.

Consider joining the select guest loyalty program (free) which will entitle you to free Wi-Fi (which is a little slow) and free a.m. beverages and newspaper delivered to your room.

Staff is incredibly accommodating and was able to answer all of my questions about the hotel and local area.

The hotel only offers valet parking. You can park on your own at any of the surface lots within a block of the hotel for a lot less.

I look forward to staying at an Omni Hotel again.

Room Tip: A corner room if available.
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I am currently staying here at the Omni near the end of a 5 day trip. I can't sing the praises of this hotel enough. The rooms are nice and comfortable, the building is beautiful and the staff is the best. I joined their Select Guest program and got a handwritten card from the manager upon my check-in. Plus coffee delivered to my room, pants pressed, shoes buffed, a bottle of water and FREE Wi-fi! (Not an employee I promise.)

The staff are friendly, polite and helpful. I'm so glad I found the Omni and hope I can come back soon.

• Stayed June 2011
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This was an affiliate hotel for the IFT convention and it was great. The rooms were spacious and airy.
The lobby was fine, (ice water available at all times) the bar a little small and narrow and closed early ( I suppose they expected everyone to be out on Bourbon Street!). The key differentiator for me here was the staff, specially the young women who worked on the front desk. They were knowledgeable about their city, they were warm and friendly and they always welcomed you through the front doors with a smile. The technical support (I had an internet problem) were also very good indeed.
I shall return here when I am next in NOLA!