Hotel Monteleone
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
  • Breakfast included
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$116
$99
La Quinta
$299
$259
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$123
$93
8,179 results
All reviewscarousel barcriollorooftop poolfrench quarterroyal streetbourbon streetbeautiful hotelperfect locationrooms are smallold world charmbeignetsstreet noisemississippi riverparking garagejackson squaremardi graslucille
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is amazing. The location and staff are out of this world. We will definitely return to this hotel for our anniversary. This hotel is what I consider very reasonable for the price (as a single mom for most of my kids life I am always looking for budget friendly). We couldn't have chosen a better hotel to start our honeymoon at.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for the kind review! We hope to see you back in NOLA soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a fabulous time in New Orleans that was made even better because of our hotel - historic, regal, grand, elegant and fantastic service. Central to everything, our room was beautiful and quiet, even in the midst of one of the craziest parties of the year! Room service food was reasonable and tasty (for those times you're too tired to leave the room) but the location of the hotel was ideal and close to many great restaurants, bars, clubs, live music and shopping. Would definitely go back to New Orleans and would stay at the Monteleone again. Thanks to all the staff who were so kind and helpful, even during such a busy time for them!

Room Tip: During festivals, a room on a higher floor is ideal (we were on the 11th, it was perfect); also, having a room that didn't face onto a busy street was be perfect (we were at the side or back of the hotel - we didn't care that the view wasn't 'amazing', it was a great location because it was actually quiet despite all the noise on the streets at all hours!) We found the beds and pillows a bit too soft for our liking, but all in all, it was a great place to stay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback regarding your time joining us in March. We'd love to have you back for another luxurious stay at the Hotel Monteleone!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

we used the Hotel Monteleone for our global conference. The meeting spaces are absolutely breathtaking, and the location and whole hotel are things everyone raved about.This is home to the carousel bar as well, which is a crowd favorite. One block from bourbon street, in the middle of everything you need to get to.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Monteleone and took the time to share your great experience with TripAdvisor. It sounds like the perfect trip! Please return soon to the Hotel Monteleone for another great trip!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This review is a bit overdue, as I stayed at the Hotel Monteleone in September 2013 on business. Let me tell you, the hotel is beautiful--full of period charm, but updated with all the modern bells & whistles, right in the beating heart of the French Quarter. However, the ambiance is nothing compared to the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. Absolutely everyone that I came into contact with was so pleasant and helpful. One of my colleagues sang the praises of one of the waitstaff who, while seated at a conference table at a business breakfast, overheard him say that he doesn't drink coffee, only iced tea. Seconds later, she appeared at his elbow with a full pitcher, just for him. That's just one example of the attentive service we received!

I have to sing the praises of Sarah at the front desk. She reminded me of the actress, Minnie Driver. When I checked in, I asked her a couple of questions (where can you go for good music/good food--outside of the touristy places) that, at other hotels in other cities, have gotten me quick answers. She spent what seemed like 20-30 minutes listing her favorite spots, highlighting them on a map, and giving me details about why they were her go-to places. When I had questions during my stay and I saw her at the front desk, she seemed to remember me, and was always super helpful and friendly.

I can honestly say that everyone was wonderful, from the housekeeping staff to the doorman (who was ALWAYS at the front door--that's a LONG shift!). The accommodations and level of service for our entire company (~300) was stellar. Loved it, loved it, loved it! Can't wait to go back when I'm really on vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your comments about the luxury service you received at the Hotel Monteleone! We aim to provide each guest with the same luxurious experience you described. Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Oh my, French Quarter charm and French Quarter problems. The staff are great and the lobby and restaurant/bar area super. But the room we had on the 10th floor, while quiet, was tiny. If the wardrobe door was open or a drawer pulled out, there was no room to walk to the other side of the lumpy bed with lumpy pillows. Our room wasn't touched on the Saturday of our 2-night stay. All day.
The street is blocked for pedestrian traffic during evening hours, and this was not Mardi Gras, so there were no cabs except pedi-cabs to take to our restaurant out of the Quarter. We attended a wedding and the bus had to drop us quite a distance from the hotel because of the traffic from NBA All-Stars letting out at 11:00 pm, so no choice but to walk down Canal in high heels a long way. Pick the Ritz.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank LindaS808

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone.

I regret that you did not receive the level of service we are capable of providing and I apologize. Your remarks are well taken and have been brought to the attention of our management team for review.

We greatly value your patronage and do hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to display to you the type of hospitality and service upon which our reputation is based and which you have every right to expect.