On the bottom of my bill it said ....."if you had a pleasant stay then please give us 5 stars on TA", or words to that effect ..........
In my world pleasant doesn't mean the best stay so my review gives them 4 stars - some average and some very good attributes so will err upwards.
- location fantastic
- room very nice decor but a bit threadbare in places
- wifi fast and robust but then it should be for $12.95 - should we really be paying for this in this day and age ?
- bed fantastically comfortable
- event catering really pretty exceptional, a great and diverse menu well cooked
- shower great
- the guy that tells stories and gives groups the most complete safety briefing ever
- the decor is much more tasteful than it looks in the website pictures - the hotel doesn't in fact look like Liberace's living room :-)
Not so great
- crappy pillows - too short and soft
- bedding generally
- smallest bathroom possible to get a full bath in
- drinks service in the bar pretty slow
- didnt find the staff particularly attentive or friendly
- annoying habit of events staff talking in background during people reporting out in a workshop
All in all pretty good though with some areas to improve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It’s been said that the French Quarter begins in the lobby of the Hotel Monteleone. In fact, this venerable establishment sits majestically at the foot of Royal Street giving guests the best point of departure for all things New Orleans. Visitors need only step outside this French Quarter hotel to discover shop after shop of fabulous European antiques, estate jewelry, Oriental rugs, and art and antiquities from around the world. Quaint restaurants and specialty shops outside of this luxurious New Orleans hotel line the cobblestone French Quarter streets that lead to Jackson Square, the Old French Market and the Riverwalk where tourists and native New Orleanians stroll the levee and watch the steamboats and barges along the Mississippi River. At this New Orleans hotel, you’ll find history around every corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Monteleone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteleone Hotel New Orleans
- Monteleone New Orleans