“Nice hotel & great location”
Review of Hotel Monteleone

Hotel Monteleone
Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Tega Cay, South Carolina, United States
“Nice hotel & great location”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Very clean but somewhat small king room. Lovely lobby and pleasant concierge. Did not partake of the bar, but it also looked nice. Excellent location for walking in the French Quarter. Parking was a bit steep at $35 per day, but you don't need to use a car to get around when staying here. You do hear the street noise as the windows aren't sound insulated, but really not a problem. No cold frig in our room to keep bottled water cool, otherwise a good 3 day stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan G
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback regarding your time joining us in October. We'd love to have you back for another luxurious stay at the Hotel Monteleone!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,310)
  • Turkish first
Houston, TX
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel is gorgeous, the employees are kind and professional and the ambiance is very warm and comfortable. The location is great, just valet your car and walk everywhere. The hotel is surrounded by art galleries on Royal Street and of course by great restaurants. The Criollo Restaurant at the Hotel Monteleone has great food.....try the beignets, much better than that other place in town! : )

The rooms are very clean, the hotel is very well kept. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank VegasTrvlr
We are so pleased that you found the Hotel Monteleone to be so comfortable, beautiful, and friendly. We certainly agree! We look forward to seeing you again soon in NOLA!
mettawa
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were there for a wedding. From the moment we arrived to the monet we left, we felt like we were royalty. Everyone employee always greets wyou with a smile, says hi, asks how your day was and if there is anything youneed or they can do for you. The restaurant has an amazing breakfast buffet and very friendly waitresses. Location is perfect. walking distance to everything. If i had to use one word to describe this hotel, it would be awesome.

1 Thank ricki k
Thank you so much for your comments about the luxury service you received at the Hotel Monteleone! We aim to provide each guest with the same luxurious experience you described. Please come back and visit us soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I've never felt so welcomed at a hotel in my life!! From the door man to the maids it was truly a wonderful experience! I was taken back by lobby how luxurious can a place get. What started the great experience was check in. Never have I ever had a check in experience like this. It was professional and unique all at the same time! Crystal our receptionist gave me an experience I've never had before checking in. Bubbly and bright eyed she gave great detail about the hotel. Went floor by floor with the services they offer and all with the cheeriest desposition!!! It was a delight. My room on 14 floor was perfect. Nice gold accents gave a truly vintage feel very regal. Everyone I encountered genuinely wanted to help and seemed to enjoy there job. Although check in was a pleasure check out was dismissive. A dark hair girl was just rude I believe her name is Shanel. She didn't even make eye contact with me not what I was expecting since check in was such a grand affair. The bellman Surgi made up for it though. He was happy with a great accent. How I loved my stay! It was only a minor glitch in a perfect system.I will return and this time I'll bring my friends for a girl's trip at the grand Monteleone.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank bostoner13
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Monteleone and took the time to share your great experience with TripAdvisor. It sounds like the perfect trip! We would love to have you for a girl's trip in New Orleans!
Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Gorgeous hotel and an excellent location, but one staff member made it memorable. Crystal, a young lady working the front desk, was exceptionally friendly and helpful. She became our "go-to" person for all of our inquiries and requests for advice. Crystal cheerfully and enthusiastically greeted us and made helpful suggestions to make our stay more enjoyable.

The beds were very comfortable, but the pillows left much to be desired. Our request for replacements was promptly answered, but the second set of pillows was no better. Rooms are very small, and we had purchased a "preferred" room. Experience told me small rooms are characteristic of the FQ though.

We found it very difficult to get a taxi on Saturday night outside the hotel. All other times we had no problem.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments about the luxury service you received at the Hotel Monteleone! We aim to provide each guest with the same luxurious experience you described. Your comments regarding the pillows provided to you have been brought to the management team for review. Please come back and visit us soon!
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed December 1, 2013

lagniappe means 'a little something extra'....I have been visiting New Orleans for 20 years now; it is like home to me and I usually stay at a B&B a friend of mine used to own. I have never stayed in the French Quarter feeling it was too rowdy and too unrefined. I am not a drinker, I visit NO for the culture and the people. This trip we tried the Hotel Monteleone. I have stayed at the Hilton on the river, the Windmere, you know the list of regulars using offers of this or that and they are AVERAGE compared to Hotel Monteleone. A family owned and operated hotel, it delivers every bit of first class treatment we all would like but may not be familiar with in a hotel stay. This hotel offers genuine first class treatment; I won't be able to find the generics again! This hotel could do less and be equally successful, but they don't...they have a very professional woman who keeps the front lobby looking top notch at all times. No left over glasses on a table, no messed up pillows, tidy and tight. I would like to pay special appreciation to the Concierge, Joseph LeCour. We have traveled many places in the world; Europe, Asia, the middle east so I am no stranger to working with a Concierge. A good Concierge brings together the pieces of a vacation and sews it up for you well. A good Concierge seems as if he is not as busy as he is when you stop by his desk, you have his full attention. Mr. LeCour is these and more...when I emailed my boarding passes to his desk for printing, without prompting he offered to run them 'right up' and he meant it genuinely. I told him we would stop by. That is the other part First class should be, when the staff appears genuinely pleased [as all I met did] to help me out. They have a rooftop heated pool, a revolving bar [the only one in NO], along with a deeply historical feel in the hotel. Where many have gutted historic buildings, or they smell exactly their age in mildew; Monteleone is crisp and bright. The ceilings in the room are high, the moldings are detailed, and I believe they kept our room tidy 3 times a day, morning cleanup, mid-day freshen and complimentary turn down service. A lot of hotels in NO promise it, but Monteleone DELIVERS. Take a look at their rates, they are reasonable and even more so when you feel all the little extras. Oh, I can't forget to mention one other name, Tyrone, who tried to help me get a dying flower [it is a funny story] for my daughter because it reminded me of hunger games. You will not regret staying at this hotel, it is a one of a kind holiday destination for all travelers.

Room Tip: I was not disturbed by the many noises of the French Quarter; I don't know if there are any room...
1 Thank Tallyotter
East Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Our room was elegant, but it is starting to show some wear. Their service was a bit spotty. Once we contacted someone the requests were solved quickly most of the time. Things like not answering front desk and operator phones should not happen. Restaurant and bar staff were a bit spotty also ranging from frustrating to excellent. During our stay, the Christmas decorations were put up, giving the hotel a magical touch. Despite the glitches, we enjoyed our say, and hope to get back soon.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone.

I regret that you did not receive the level of service we are capable of providing and I apologize. Your remarks are well taken and have been brought to the attention of our management team for review.

We greatly value your patronage and do hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to display to you the type of hospitality and service upon which our reputation is based and which you have every right to expect.