“Great Time at the Essence Festival” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Monteleone

Hotel Monteleone
Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great Time at the Essence Festival”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my fourth stay at the Monteleone for the Essence Music Festival. I had some idea what to expect because the hotel is always in top condition, and the staff is extremely helpful whenever I visited. The surprise this time was that we arrived early, and were allowed to check right in! I cannot say enough about the attentiveness of the Monteleone staff. We placed several bottles of water in the small refrigerator, and thought it was not working. They brought us up another refrigerator right away! The Monteleone is a boutique hotel, so it provides an intimacy that guests will appreciate. The rooms are clean - no mold creeping around the bathroom or outlets. The antique furnishings in the lobby make you feel as if you've stepped back in time when you stay in this historical hotel. All of this, and we were in the middle of the French Quarter, which means we were able to walk to all of the festival events. I love this hotel...will definitely book here for next year's festival!

Room Tip: We were in room 457, just as you step off the elevator, but since the elevator is in a small alcove...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank RattlerFan
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We greatly appreciate your feedback and enjoyed your stay for Essence Festival! We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff and hope you will be back to see us very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,276)
  • Turkish first
Abita Springs,LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, wonderful experience. The staff was awesome. The bar and restaurant were much better than expected. The rooftop pool is a secret getaway! I highly recommend this lovely hotel which is so conveniently located. The off street valet is wonderful as well.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. Please come back and see us again soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I live in New Orleans but I love a staycation and the Hotel Monteleone is always my number one pic. The hotel is beautiful and the staff amazing. There is also a great restaurant and bar there. And the rooftop pool is the perfect ending to a fun day in the French Quarter. I can't wait until I'm back again.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floors. This last stay I was on the 9th floor and the room was very quiet. The...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking time to leave a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled you come staycation with us! We hope you'll be back to see us very soon!
Sandwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My first visit to New Orleans lived up to my expectations. The Hotel Monteleone was the perfect place to stay as its located right in the quarter. While the room was a bit small the affordability factor made it reasonable. The hotel was clean, and the staff was friendly. This hotel has a rooftop pool which is definitely a place to visit. They have plenty of chairs and a bar with a small food menu. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit, which is hopefully soon.

The only negatives were the pool was dirty (last day of our stay there was bugs, hair and debris in the pool). You would think before the pool opened in the morning they would have cleaned it. The drink prices were on the high end but not totally of unreasonable.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know visiting NOLA in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. We will be sure to pass along your comments about the pool and will look to improve this aspect of our hotel immediately. Thank you again for taking time to give us feedback and please come back and see us soon!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had been staying several days at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in New Orleans (French Quarter) while my wife was at a seminar and really didn't want to leave, but the weekend rate increased (twice - initally was told $179, then later that day, was told $279 when my wife inquired as to staying an additional night). the price increase was close to $150 more ($279), and just one block away (walking distance) the Hotel Monteleone was $147.

Room Tip: stayed on 7th floor. some rooms had view of Royal Street, but we chose one that did not because it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you extended your vacation with us an hope you and your wife will be back again to see us soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have stayed here for all of my many trips to New Orleans, and each time I arrive I feel like I am coming home to stay with family. No matter where you are in the hotel, the staff seems to be right there when you need something, always with that intoxicating local accent and politeness, then they seem to disappear as quietly as they appeared. I have enjoyed trips alone, with groups of friends, with work associates, and with my husband. Each trip has been as different as the next, but I have always found that the center of the enjoyment has been the Monteleone. Be it the cool air-conditioned rooms with thick luxurious bedding, or the relaxing poolside breezes, or the bartenders who make it look easy during celebration times.
I adore this hotel and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you feel like our hotel is like coming home. That's exactly what we hope for! We hope you will be back to see us very soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've stayed at The Monteleone a few times in the past 5 years. Every time, it has been a great experience. The location is wonderful in the quarter, yet the hotel and the rooms feel like an oasis of calm. The service is great and the price is right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that over the past five years, you've had many positive experiences with us and we appreciate you sharing that on TripAdvisor. Please come back and see us again soon!