Hotel Monteleone
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$165
$126
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
CrownePlaza.com
$238
$209
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$137
$118
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$299
$259
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
Omni Hotels
8,183 results
All reviewscarousel barcriollorooftop poolfrench quarterroyal streetbourbon streetbeautiful hotelperfect locationrooms are smallold world charmbeignetsstreet noisemississippi riverparking garagejackson squaremardi graslucille
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Hotel Monteleone is an amazing hotel with topnotch service in an excellent location for touring the French Quarter, pretty much in the middle of everything. I can't give it five stars because my bed was pretty uncomfortable and had a dip on the left side. Room was on the smaller side but I was in there by myself so I didn't mind. Room always very clean. Coming and going bell hops and doormen were right there, needed a cab, came within a minute of them whistling down the street with umbrella in hand so you wouldn't get wet while getting in the cab, and it wasn't a big stream of traffic in and out of the hotel like other hotels during the event I was attending. Elevator came fast, so not a lot of wait time for that either.

Carousal Bar is very nice, and the waitress was extremely nice.

Check-in was smooth and speedy.

Checkout was not as speedy, but I'm sure, or hope, the situation was cleared up before lots of others began checking out for the day.

I would stay here again, but hope I get a more comfortable bed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Great location, great hotel in general if you want to enjoy the French Quarters. We went to Uptown a few times too and the cabs are pretty cheap.

We went by places like Columns Hotel and it was a bit off for our taste (30+ couple).

The pool area is small, but sufficient.
The fitness room is not big and focuses on cardio.

The room was nice and clean, but more European in style sizewise...

The staff was very helpful. We got outstanding help from both concierges. Dont hesitate to ask for help; they'll make sure to give you the best service. Kudos to Anita for helping us with reservations at local favorites Atchafalaya and Cochon.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just stayed there and enjoyed my visit. Would definitely stay there again. You can't beat the location and the building is gorgeous. Love the roof deck pool with a view of downtown. Rooms were comfortable though small, which is to be expected in an older hotel. My only small complaint is the walls are thin so you can hear your neighbors if they're loud.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Hotel Monteleone is a very classy place, they exude southern hospitality, they can't do enough for you and they are very well adapted to the wild Bourbon St. and it's effect on their guests. The decor is grand, the rooms are great and they even have a ghost. The bar is real treat, although the drinks are pricey the vibe tends to be happy, upbeat and friendly. During one of my frequent visits to the bar I heard a band practicing and noticed they were playing Louie Prima songs, I asked the bar tender who they were and he told me it was Louie Prima's daughter, I went over & spoke to her for a few minutes about her dad's music, she was very accomodating and friendly, it really made my day to speak to her. This place is a little pricey but if you want to stay near Bourbon St. but be out of touch with the street crowd when you go to bed, this is a great place. PS, did I mention that the bar slooowly rotates while you are sitting there, great touch.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pompero F
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Aside from the room being very small, the hotel's location was excellent. About the corner of Royal and Bourbon street
. With the abundance of small eateries and bars in the area, we did not eat in the hotel. The lobby was impressive, marble floors all over.
However, if you plan to stay more than a couple of days, I suggest to go for a better, more expensive room. Pedi-cabs are a convenient manner to get around.
Review a picture of the before committing.

Room Tip: We had the least expensive room, at $ 160.00 per night. The room was very, very small, one little desk' one straight chair, one queen bed, closet, bathtub , shower, comode, wash basin. one night stay is OK. And if you have to stay one night, request a picture of the room, so you know what you are getting into.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple