“Very comfortable beds and great location”

The Lafayette Hotel
Ranked #93 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed May 7, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Don G

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The manager Lenny refused to give us a credit for our 4 night stay . My mother in law had a heart attack right before we were to leave for New Orleans. We sent documentation from the hospital. We are very disappointed to lose that amount of money. Will not ever stay there and will tell all of our friends. I know they rented our room as it was Jazz Fest weekend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank lamsonics
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I can't believe the great low price I got for this place. My room was so nice and spacious and the bathroom was perfect. Now to the negative parts, the parking is expensive and some construction is going on in the street next to the hotel. The street noise didn't bother us and there is a parking lot a block away for half the hotel's price.

Room Tip: For less street noise ask for an interior room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Creeping_Death_LA
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My grandmother and I stayed at the Lafayette Hotel at the end of March 2014 while we were in town for an academic conference. The rooms were very nice and spacious and located in a historic building. Additionally, the hotel is located in a nice, safe area of town that is close to the French Quarter but not too close to Bourbon St. if you're not into that kind of thing :)

Most of all, the staff was what took the cake for us during our stay at the Lafayette. They were very accommodating to us and helped answer all our questions about the city! I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the New Orleans area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Alana P
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Older hotel but the room was spacious and very very clean. The hotel staff were very nice and friendly. Location is close to the French Quarter and Superdome. Valet parking was $28 a night but worth it being that parking is scarce in this downtown area. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Miranda J
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed in a suit, it was a good size. It was clean, the staff was very friendly. The room had an older historic feel to it, you could see where towel racks or door knobs had been replaced. That didn't bother me, I am glad that they were replaced because I am sure they needed to be. Any older property is going to have signs of aging like this. The room was really nice. I enjoyed my stay. The location was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AR-BRAY
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is beautiful and and regal and though it is old it still has class and elegance. We really enjoyed our stay here for Mardi Gras. The room was HUGE, the marble floors in the bathroom so cool, and the front desk staff very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends