WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Lafayette Hotel

The Lafayette Hotel
Ranked #88 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Just what I was looking for and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

From the point of booking I spoke with "Ron". He have me tips and recommendations and really set me up for an amazing New Orleans experience from the get go. Service was top notch! I was very impressed with the hotel, the location and most of all the guest service. The staff went out of their way to take care of us, and this is what sets it all apart. Talk about Southern hospitality!!
I reserved a suite and I could not have found a better deal. Yes, it is an older hotel but it has the New Orleans charm I was looking for. I had a wet bar, fridge, two separate rooms with lots of space. Updates included flat screen tv's in both the bedroom and "living" room, not that we watched them at all but the room had both updated features and old school charm.
Thank you to Ron and the whole staff for making my visit memorable and top notch!! Highly recommend this hotel for price, location and guest service. Thanks again Ron for providing an amazing trip for us!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank NapsII

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
So. Calif.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

After reading other reviews I wonder if I paid a premium for The Lafayette because other places were booked because of two big events in New Orleans ($300/night Sat Sun). It was pretty nice but definitely not worth that price. The trolley doesn't run all night but it runs in front of the hotel and it makes a LOT of noise. It's a bit of a walk to the French Quarter but not too bad. If you are going to Frenchmen Street for the music it's on the opposite side of the French Quarter from the hotel and you might want to take a taxi home if it's late and you have had a few.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I saw this hotel online and loved it! I booked immediately. The booking staff were very helpful in answering every question I had. I booked a KING SUITE. I made sure he heard the difference between king suite and king deluxe. So as time approached I would call back and make sure everything was still good. I complimented the room they advertised on the site and the same guy suggested I ask for that particular suite and that he would note that by my reservation.
Call back a week before time to arrive to pay in full for everything and said " this suite is the one with the separate bedroom and living room right?" Of course he agreed.
The night we get there....it's a very small regular room. I was livid of course, but it was late and I knew the manager wasn't there. I was told the manager would contact me first thing in the morning.
Next morning I ended up having to call down. And to my surprise, the manager wasn't scheduled to come in. <-- sarcasm.
So I called reservations myself, the guy I talked to, no one knew or heard of...of course. So my family and I were like " no worries, let's make the best from it " we were just sleeping in the room anyway.

Now onto staff...there was a lady there who was the most helpful nicest person. She actually saved this review from being horrible! She was right on time with everything. The other staff, not so much. The last day, we called down for a luggage cart and was told he would bring it right up. We hurried to take the dog out and noticed him( the bell hop guy) sitting, playing on his phone and the luggage cart empty. So we go take the dogs out..this takes ten minutes. Come back in, he is doing the same thing. I asked him if I could just take the cart myself. He said "yea go ahead". I asked him if he could get my car. I go load everything and being it down. He doesn't even help or offer to help me unload it. He goes back to playing on his phone. After I get everything loaded, I go back upstairs to get my dog..grabbed his envelope where I've left a nice size tip, and put it in my pocket. His loss.
Other than that, our stay was great.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
New Castle, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

this is a great hotel, very good staff, gave me all great answers to my questions . they well help you, being a tourist to get to all the places you wish to see . its real close to the French Quarters , the room is nice an very clean . you must ride street car to see everything. I stayed here for three great days went to all the festivals I could fine .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Carolina Shores, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great hotel, especially for the price. Great staff that always answered our every question and met all of our needs. Convenient to the French Quarter and right on the street car line. If you enjoy "classics", this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PLATTEVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel accommodated each of my needs. I had packages shipped, and they notified when they arrived. They answered all my tourist questions. I requested a room with a view, and I got it. I'm not going to spell his name right, but Teron was super helpful. He spent time showing me the map and giving me all sorts of recommendations. I was in a room with a king sized bed. It was cute, spacious, and quiet.

There's no doubt - I'd stay here again. Super cute.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JESSICA B
Milton, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I just returned from a one night stay here. Our visit coincided with the Blues and Bbq Festival held next door and I chose this hotel based on it's location.

Pros: Every staff member was courteous and helpful. The location is on the St. Charles street car line. The price was affordable. The room was much larger than I expected. It was actually a bed room with a seperate living room area. The main bed was super comfortable. There was a hair dryer, fridge and coffee pot.

Cons: Coffee pot wasn't clean. Curtains were torn and falling down so some wouldn't close. When I woke up, I found my daughter was curled up at the top of the sofa bed because the foot of the bed had collapsed during the night.
There weren't any vending machines or convenience stores nearby so we had to venture out to get snacks and sodas. There was a cabinet marked mini bar but it was empty.

These cons weren't enough to turn me off of this hotel. They were doing some painting while we were there so it looks like they are upgrading. They allowed us the store our luggage and valet the car when we arrived and store it again after we checked out so we got two fulls days of exploring without dragging our luggage around. The parking was a little pricey but I factored it in to the hotel stay and it was less than other places. Also, I can't say enough about how great the staff was to deal with. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013