“franksgogetter”

The Lafayette Hotel
Ranked #94 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed October 28, 2013

this is a great hotel, very good staff, gave me all great answers to my questions . they well help you, being a tourist to get to all the places you wish to see . its real close to the French Quarters , the room is nice an very clean . you must ride street car to see everything. I stayed here for three great days went to all the festivals I could fine .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great hotel, especially for the price. Great staff that always answered our every question and met all of our needs. Convenient to the French Quarter and right on the street car line. If you enjoy "classics", this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel accommodated each of my needs. I had packages shipped, and they notified when they arrived. They answered all my tourist questions. I requested a room with a view, and I got it. I'm not going to spell his name right, but Teron was super helpful. He spent time showing me the map and giving me all sorts of recommendations. I was in a room with a king sized bed. It was cute, spacious, and quiet.

There's no doubt - I'd stay here again. Super cute.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JESSICA B
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I just returned from a one night stay here. Our visit coincided with the Blues and Bbq Festival held next door and I chose this hotel based on it's location.

Pros: Every staff member was courteous and helpful. The location is on the St. Charles street car line. The price was affordable. The room was much larger than I expected. It was actually a bed room with a seperate living room area. The main bed was super comfortable. There was a hair dryer, fridge and coffee pot.

Cons: Coffee pot wasn't clean. Curtains were torn and falling down so some wouldn't close. When I woke up, I found my daughter was curled up at the top of the sofa bed because the foot of the bed had collapsed during the night.
There weren't any vending machines or convenience stores nearby so we had to venture out to get snacks and sodas. There was a cabinet marked mini bar but it was empty.

These cons weren't enough to turn me off of this hotel. They were doing some painting while we were there so it looks like they are upgrading. They allowed us the store our luggage and valet the car when we arrived and store it again after we checked out so we got two fulls days of exploring without dragging our luggage around. The parking was a little pricey but I factored it in to the hotel stay and it was less than other places. Also, I can't say enough about how great the staff was to deal with. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank rosiemb
Reviewed October 18, 2013

On my first ever trip to New Orléans, I was fortunate to stay at the Lafayette. My ten day trip was made even better because of the staff, location and overall atmosphere of the hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous - helping me get around and giving me advice on what sights to see. Everyday, we had a chuckle over how many pictures I had snapped. The hotel itself is old world class, the room was immense and the bed....I could have stayed in the bed all day!! The housekeeping service was top-notch, even the maintenance staff were courteous and friendly!
Don`t let the location of the Business District fool you into thinking you are far from the core of New Orléans....I walked for a mere 4 blocks and volia - French Quarter!! Sleep was blissful as such, the only noise heard was the streetcar, which is very conveniently found across the street.
Highly highly recommended hotel - on all levels. I will definitely go back to this hotel when I return to New Orléans - thanks to everyone there for making my trip memorable!!

Room Tip: If at all possible, ask for a room with balcony. Nice to be able to open a window. The rooms on the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Lafayette Hotel at 600 St Charles Ave New Orleans LA 70130 on July 27, 2013 thru July 29th. My stay there was very special because of the outstanding customer service and great recommendatons from Dwayne Keller. He was very helpful, courteous and kind. Anything that I needed he made sure that I had an awesome experience while vising in New Orleans as well at the hotel. I just wanted to give a special thanks to his hospitality and the fact that he love his job, that he made my stay a very enjoyable time in New Orleans. Keep being the awesome man and people person that you are Dewayne. kudos to you and your outstanding service! Be blessed in everything that you do Linda Price-Epperson of Memphis TN...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Livinglifewell2013
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I love this hotel! We have been here twice, once for our Honeymoon, and the second time for our 5th anniversary. It's clean, with beautiful rooms. When we arrived on our second trip, the staff was kind enough to have a bottle of champagne sent up to our room because we mentioned it was our anniversary. When we got to our room, we opened the windows and were greeted by the sounds of a saxophone playing in the park next door. Talk about a great location! We were able to walk to all our destinations. I will definitely be staying here next time we go. The only complaint I have is that you can here the streetcar all night, but it's St. Charles Ave, so that comes with the package.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple