The Lafayette Hotel
$299
Preferred Hotels
$229
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$296
Omni Hotels
$208
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$249
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$257
$247
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$259
$233
  • Pool
Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$381
$354
  • Bar/Lounge
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$240
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrench quarteran older hotelmardi grastrolley linebottle of champagnecharles avenueparade routegarden districtquiet neighborhoodwwii museumwithin walking distancecharming hotelbusiness districtvalet parkingstreetcar stoplarge bathroomice machine
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Never had a chance to stay at the hotel because American Airlines canceled our flight 40 minutes prior to departing. I immediately called the hotel and explained my issue. I was told to leave a voicemail with Lenny the reservation manager. Left a voicemail but never receieved a call back from him.

I called the next day only to encounter a man who was beyond unprofessional. Lenny was very rude and unwilling to assist me even after explaining that the airline canceled. He basically told me it wasn't the hotel's fault and there was no cancelation (I have the email stating it was canceled).

I won't tolerate anyone talking to me in a condescending manner. If you don't like your job seek out a new one. You need my business..I don't need yours. LaFayette Hotel will never get a good recommendation from me or my business associates.

Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank AlishaDallasTx
mcharlesnola, Owner at The Lafayette Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Hotel was courteous and professional managing this matter. Management telephoned guest to discuss, left message on voice mail, no response. Guest just wasn't pleased with hotel position that 1st night deposit would be forfeited due to late cancellation. Guest issue is with the airline and Expedia, not our hotel.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a great deal online so we weren't sure of the quality. But I must say the service has been great! Friendly and helpful the people here are just wonderful! The room could have been cleaned a little better (walls have evidence of many parties) but overall it was fine. The location was great, right next to the streetcar. That being said, it's RIGHT next to the streetcar which runs every 15 mins. 24 hours a day. After the first night we put an app on our phone for white noise and it didn't bother us anymore. But it was nice to walk out the front door and catch the train! We had a great trip and would come stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I stayed here July 2, 2013. My reservation was for 2 nights but after checking in and seeing the conditions of the room we checked out the next morning. The hotel has a Victorian look but the rooms overall were filthy. The carpet was old and dirty, furniture was old and torn and the walls were full of nasty markings.

My husband and I stayed in a suite which was very spacious and plenty of windows but the window treatments were all different, old, tattered and the window curtain in the bathroom didn't even cover the whole window. The bathroom was very dim so dim that you couldn't bathe because the light over the shower/whirlpool tub was out so I called the front desk to see if they could do something about it. At first the lady at the front desk lied and said that the same light fixture is broke in every room (not true because the light fixture was fine in my mother's room) so she could not help me and then she said she would send someone to look at it. The gentleman that came up to look at it was very helpful even though he couldn't fix it he offered to bring up extra lamps.

The mini fridge was old and dirty and someone even left old ice in a plastic container (it was all melted together). The sink in the mini bar area was old and rusted.

To top it all off there was a rusted razor blade in the bedroom window seal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank vineshakbrown
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Just know that when you book this hotel it is very old. Feels like staying at Grandma's house. I am sure that this appeals to many travelers but was not for us. The location is great and the staff were amazing. I personally would not stay here again, just wasn't my type of place. The price was awesome at $80-90/night.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Alecia P
Reviewed August 19, 2013

the room was nice and clean, a retro style that is fascinating in a way. still, there are a few things that we didn't expect from that kind of standing. for instance, the internet connection fee is about 5$ a day, which even in the cheapest motels is free nowadays. moreover, there isn't any breakfast included (they told us to go at the coffee next block, which souded like they were kidding us!!!). there was no cool water in our room, and we couldn't have a glass of water if we wanted to. one of the lights in the bathroom didn't work.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple