“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Ashford, CT
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I loved this hotel! This is the first time I have written a review on tripadvisor and I am glad to do it!
I loved the location of the Lafayette, our room, the staff, the coffee joint around the corner. It sits adjacent to Lafayette Square, which is pretty, quiet and safe. I even loved the building itself! The price of our room was fair and a great value! I look forward to returning to NOLA and equally will be glad to stay right here on 600 St Charles Avenue!!
Highly recommend it!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tylerevision

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Unbelievable price of $62 a night seemed too good to be true for a last minute booking in June. Stayed a Tues and Wed. which still felt like weekend nightlife in New Orleans. However, after a 15 hr drive from VA, it was a charming, small hotel that seemed to be purely New Orleans. Easy access to the quarter by streetcar. rooms and bathrooms were elegantly decorated. We took a chance for our honeymoon and found no disappointments. Restaurant atmosphere was nice also. Drank at the bar but didn't eat. Nice staff all around.

2 Thank Cora T
Terre Haute, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Lafayette Hotel June 8-13, 2013 for our anniversary. The staff was wonderful. Our room was clean, bed comfy, and great showers with great pressure!.I'll offer a little "secret". Request one of the x11 rooms, we had 211. They are between the elevator shafts and isolated from most of the buildings noise. Very quiet and peaceful. We walked everywhere, French Quarter, WWII museum, Civil War Museum, Natchez boat ride, etc. Took trolley rides since we could catch it right out front just for fun.
I was worried after reading some reviews here since this was our first stay. Yes the TV's are older models, but work just fine. And yes there is what some would call a bit of wear and some would call character to the place. However, take a chance and give them a try. I know we'll be back! :)

Room Tip: Request one of the x11 rooms, we had 211. They are between the elevator shafts and isolated from mos...
1 Thank TCottom
portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently my boyfriend and I drove to NOLA to spend a few days. On the road 2 days out we had not made a reservation yet so got online and tried to find a hotel in a good location without spending too much money. It was pretty tricky, most rooms were booked but then I stumbled across The Lafayette. The price was good, the photos looked cute so I booked it. When we arrived the staff was super! Dwayne at the counter was kind and accommodating (even upgraded our room) and TeRon was friendly and informative. The room was beautiful and clean - had all the NOLA charm you could want. We will certainly come back!

3 Thank sidney a
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My boyfriend and i decided to stay at the lafayette hotel for our anniversary the price was right and the reviews were good. We were not dissapointed at all! We stayed 4 days and traveled to the french quarter with ease with the streetcars being right outside also we walked from bourbon street to the hotel around 9pm and felt very safe. Plus theres a grocery store a couple blocks down also safe! The employees were fabulous!!! They offered champagne for our special day as well as had all the answers to our questions. Everytime we left or entered a friendly staff member would ask about our day or hold the door open. Checking in and out was easy as well i had the same guy and he was very sweet and caring! My boyfriend and i will be back and we will recommend this hotel to everyone we know!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Chochona
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is a smaller and older building and I mean that in a good way. Upon arrival I was met by the management at my car, they accommodated my family in two connecting rooms, one with a separate living room and bar/kitchen area. The hotel staff was so friendly and always helpful. There is some wear being that this building is an old one but it is impeccably clean I found that the wear bothered me none because of the other positive factors of this wonderful little gem!

• Stayed May 2013