“Great bargain, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lafayette Hotel

The Lafayette Hotel
Ranked #95 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
portland
“Great bargain, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently my boyfriend and I drove to NOLA to spend a few days. On the road 2 days out we had not made a reservation yet so got online and tried to find a hotel in a good location without spending too much money. It was pretty tricky, most rooms were booked but then I stumbled across The Lafayette. The price was good, the photos looked cute so I booked it. When we arrived the staff was super! Dwayne at the counter was kind and accommodating (even upgraded our room) and TeRon was friendly and informative. The room was beautiful and clean - had all the NOLA charm you could want. We will certainly come back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sidney a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My boyfriend and i decided to stay at the lafayette hotel for our anniversary the price was right and the reviews were good. We were not dissapointed at all! We stayed 4 days and traveled to the french quarter with ease with the streetcars being right outside also we walked from bourbon street to the hotel around 9pm and felt very safe. Plus theres a grocery store a couple blocks down also safe! The employees were fabulous!!! They offered champagne for our special day as well as had all the answers to our questions. Everytime we left or entered a friendly staff member would ask about our day or hold the door open. Checking in and out was easy as well i had the same guy and he was very sweet and caring! My boyfriend and i will be back and we will recommend this hotel to everyone we know!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Chochona
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is a smaller and older building and I mean that in a good way. Upon arrival I was met by the management at my car, they accommodated my family in two connecting rooms, one with a separate living room and bar/kitchen area. The hotel staff was so friendly and always helpful. There is some wear being that this building is an old one but it is impeccably clean I found that the wear bothered me none because of the other positive factors of this wonderful little gem!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Liz B
Gorssel, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

If you don't want to stay in an expensive hotel in the hectic French Quarter, then The Lafayette is a very good choice. At walking distance from the French Quater and the streetcar (3 dollar for a full day pass) to the lovely Garden District stops in front of the hotel in St. Charles Av. The hotel is qiute old and needs some maintenance (paintwork) but the rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel offers only valet parking (not covered) to 31 dollar overnight, but there are cheaper public parkings close by. It is not sympathetic that the hotel charge you for wifi. They don't do breakfast, but there is a dinner restaurant and a bar on the groundfloor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Frans P
Bethesda, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Comfortable bed. More than enough overall room. Bathroom had a missing light bulb near the shower. I asked the front desk to fix it about an hour after I arrived. Nothing. I asked again the following day. Bulb never replaced throughout my 3-night stay. Showered in near darkness. This hotel is situated off the beaten path. Do not stay at this hotel if you plan to depend on taxi service. Arrival day: With 2 hours advance notice, I asked for a cab at 5 pm. No cab. I departed at 5:15 and hailed a cab on my own two blocks away. The following day I asked the bellman to get me a cab on the spot. Nothing. Had to walk three blocks to find a cab. Departure day: at 9 am I asked the front desk to absolutely have a cab for me at 3 pm to the airport. 3 pm - no cab. They started making frantic phone calls. Cab arrived 3:15. Turns out, the hotel regularly calls this cab company. Driver slipped a tip to the bellman. Driver told me the hotel never called to arrange a pick-up until 3 pm.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Visit5678
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Booked this on hotels.com at 7 pm after long drive to NOLA. Front desk doesn't receive online reservations after 5 pm so I had to call Hotels.com to fax info which they did immediately. Valet was at lunch when I went to get my car at 12:30 so I had to wait until he returned with clicker. Other than that I loved my cozy comfortable room, bed and shower. Great bar and restaurant downstairs too.

• Stayed May 2013