“The best service EVER!”

Ranked #82 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
“The best service EVER!”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The entire staff was gracious, kind, warm and oozed great service. We were on a first name basis with nearly everyone at the hotel. Geisla the mangager went out of her way to make us welcome, Kerry and Dawyne at the front desk were outstanding and patiently answered all of our questions and gave us great tips as to where to eat, where to grab a cocktail etc. We also had the pleasure of eating right at the hotel and grabbing a couple of cocktail there as well. Food and service were excellent. Brett and John provided warm, friendly efficient service to our little group. This was a return trip for my husband and I along with 2 very dear friends of ours. We will be back again next year for sure.

Room Tip: Reserve your room early.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night. The sleep quality is low because you can hear the train from outside. the people next to me had their dog with them and it kept barking. i was not aware this was even allowed. The rooms are old and outdated. Perhaps some people find it charming but it wasnt. the TV is from the 80s and so not the best quality. The internet is not free but is wireless but is extremly slow so if you want to work it is difficult. the staff is nice.Another bad thing is you can hear everything from your room so its difficult to sleep.The hotel need renovation. I was really disappointed because the rating does not match the hotel

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank t0309999
plano
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Wonderful boutique hotel in the heart of N.O. Lovely, lively bar , friendly staff, very accommodating. Didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, but it, also, was lovely. We ate breakfast just a block away and across from the beautiful Lafayette Park. Would definitely stay there again.
I actually stayed in two different rooms during the time I was there--nothing amiss, just worked out that way--both rooms were very comfortable, well appointed, clean. The room on the St. Charles side was quite loud--sirens, traffic noise, and a tuba player walking (slowly) down the street at 1am (it is New Orleans!) The other room, a suite, was much quieter--more in the back, but still with a great view of downtown.
Parking is a hassle in New Orleans no matter were you are, but we actually were allowed to park out front (we got in at midnight), the parking lot is a very short walk away.
This hotel is definitely worth a try.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank deah1
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I was in New Orleans for a week for a conference but didn't want to be down at the conference center. I chose the hotel because I liked the central location and the sound of the room. This location works well if you want to hit a bunch of different directions - it is on the streetcar to Garden District and about 20 minute walk into the French Quarter.

Loved my room (King Balcony) - big and airy. I didn't spend much time on the balcony but did like having the doors open onto it. Note that its right on St. Charles so you will hear the streetcar - I wear earplugs so it was all fine. If I were to come up with a critique, the room could have done with a coffee table (maybe I should have asked?) and I found myself walking back from dinner/drinks at the french quarter more than I would have liked, as I was in the Marigny and that end of the quarter more than I had thought I might be.

There is no gym or pool - I used the gym a couple of blocks away ($15). But if you're looking for galleries, museums and some spectacular restaurants this place is ideally suited right within the warehouse district, right on the edge of downtown and a quick walk to the conference center. I didn't go to the bar or restaurant but they were beautiful and seemed to be full regularly when I went by. I stayed on the 2nd floor and never heard music.

New Orleans generally was fantastic - I can't wait to go back. And overall this was a really great place to come home to every day. Friendly people and beautiful space.

Room Tip: Balcony room is worth the money - big and airy
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We knew nothing about the Lafayette when we booked, and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find a charming, old style hotel with very spacious rooms decorated in true Southern style, and staff that were friendly and accommodating. We especially want to give a big Thank You to Kerry! He was very helpful. The Lafayette is close to the FQ, restaurants, parks, and the streetcar. You won't find a better hotel for the money! We will definitely stay at the Lafayette next time!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank SallyM2010094
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I loved staying at the Lafayette Hotel. The staff were very helpful. Dewayne is the absolute best!!! My husband and I traveled with our two dogs to vacation in New Orleans. Dewayne worked with me to find the best deal and gave us several helpful tips. The room is clean and the bed is very comfortable. It is perhaps the most comfortable hotel I have ever experienced. The hotel is located in the business district and has a trolley that stops directly in front of the hotel. There is a park directly beside the hotel, which was very convenient when we needed to walk our dogs. If I ever go to New Orleans again, I will stay at the Lafayette again. I highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kysigner
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We checked in for a 4 night stay. We checked in one day after Mardi Gras. The room we were given was old, carpet was wet and dirty, curtains were stained and ripping. I was horrified, but it was 11:30pm and I was tired, so we just stayed. The next morning we went to front desk and explained our situation and asked to be moved. The manager happened to be in the area and quickly told the front desk person that there were no rooms she would or could not move us to another room. I was NOT happy and just thought we were stuck. THEN our friends checked in that same afternoon. I went to their room and was baffled that they had a beautiful room, which is pictured on their website. My husband went straight to the front desk, had to yell and scream and then they finally changed our room to a beautiful room. Super frustrating.

Room Tip: ask for a room that is pictured on their website
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple