“A little gem”
Review of French Market Inn

French Market Inn
Ranked #19 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel in an excellent location of the French quarter. The room was gorgeous. Excellent ac. Beautiful bathroom and coffee making (Sadly no tea-its the brit in me, I do miss tea) facilities. The only thing that stops it getting 5 out of 5 is that our room was next to the elevator and the walls are very thin so we could hear quite a lot of noise. I will say however that our building did not have lots of rooms so it wasn't going all night but when it did it made quite the noise. It is right opposite a public car park which is $27 for 24 hours (seemed standard for the area) and slightly cheaper than the hotel valet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Brilliant.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 7, 2014

(I don't know how or why my original post disappeared... submitted back in January.) This hotel was excellent value for the money. As my friend and I kept saying, it felt like it was one block from everything, as Jackson Square, the New Year's festivities, restaurants, etc were all so close. We stayed over New Year's, which of course, was a bit loud, but every time we called down to reception, the ladies on duty took care of the loud guys and gals in the hallways. Our room was very clean and nicely appointed. It was an internal, with no windows, but one wall was made to look like a window with mirrors, so it made the room look larger. There was a lot of renovation/construction going on at the time, so I would like to go back and see what it looks like now. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Words cannot express the terrific time that we had in NOLA. We stayed at the French Market Inn which is conveniently located in the French Quarter. Everything was walking distance so we didn't have to worry about driving and where to park our car. The French Market Inn staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean, cool, cozy and comfortable. Our room had a lovely window facing the street so we had a nice view of Decatur. The rate was fantastic. Next time we come back to NOLA; we are staying at the French Market Inn. We loved it and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you are driving; always stop at the Welcome Center. They gave us very helpful suggestions about w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for the weekend. Perfect location - walking distance to
French Market, Bourbon St, Frenchman St, restaurants, bars. Nice little courtyard with small
pool. Close enough to all the nightlife, but far enough to enjoy quiet and get away from all the
hustle and bustle. River across the street as well as trolly to French Market.
Desk and support staff nice enough.
4pm check in and no mini fridge - but I assume that is the same at most places in th area.
I would stay here again. Perfect for a group or romantic getaway!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank buxomhoney
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a lovely little hotel in an excellent location, close to everything TFQ has to offer. Rooms are clean, luxurious and well-equipped, with high, comfy beds.

We were given a wifi code, but could not get wifi due to the location of the room (409). We had to go outside onto the staircase to get connection. However, if you're not in need, it's good to get away from it all and disconnect for a while.

We were woken at 8.30am the first morning by a foul-mouthed housekeeper, who was shouting curse words along our corridor. Despite calling reception and asking them to be quiet, we were kept awake and didn't get the lie-in we desperately wanted and needed. This ruined the stay somewhat, but it didn't happen again.

The pool is lovely to have a soak in after a long, hot day.

Beware - we booked through Booking.com and were told that there would be no pre-payment taken, but the hotel took $165 three days before we arrived. As I'd registered on the site with my UK card, I incurred exchange fees (I intended to pay using a pre-loaded dollar credit card), which I wasn't happy about. Apparently, we were told about this, but I've checked all my emails and they all say no pre-payment or deposit is to be taken. Disappointing.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rebbyface
Reviewed August 5, 2014

everything about our hotel was excellent, and the location was perfect. The weather outside was hot and humid and the keep the hotel very cool. It was nice to walk into after a hot day, and the pool small but perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nice hotel with a pleasant staf and a great location. Walking to distance to Bourbon Street for only ~$110/night. We stayed at one of the inside rooms, so we didn't have any windows, but it didn't bother us at all, we were looking for a good location and clean place to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends