I booked this room online and paid $95 for one night a few days in advance of check in. Prior to arrival we called the hotel about parking. We were advised the price was $29 + tax/day and that we needed to bring cash for the valet who does not work for the hotel. In case you weren't aware parking in the French Quarter is INSANELY expensive and at all costs should be avoided. As we were traveling with 2 small children we had no choice but to pay the fee. We arrived at our hotel around 5:30 on a Monday afternoon the woman at the front desk was very helpful. She advised about an hour earlier she had people lined out the door waiting. So if you show up make sure it's after 5 or you will wait. The parking valet arrived to take our keys and money for parking, I gave him our keys and money (included a $4 tip). The front desk receptionist as is customary required a credit card to swipe and hold the number in the event of any damages. The hotel is in my opinion a boutique hotel, it's small but it's very nice and fitting to the area. The room was clean and we had no problems with it except for a used washcloth (not by us) we found on the top of the shower curtain rod. The pool is very small but usable, with a maximum depth of 4ft I thought that was kind of a joke. It was perfect for our purposes of swimming with 2 young children. We slept very good with only minor distractions of noises (opening and closing of doors and people talking in the common areas) It's not by any means quiet but we were very tired from traveling so it wasn't bothering us. The next morning we checked out of the hotel, I gave the front desk attendant our room keys and was told we had no charges because we pre-paid and we were all set. Fast forward 4 days I see a charge for $31.36 on our credit card from the hotel. This has to have been for parking. All told I paid $62.72 + a $4 tip to park for ONE NIGHT. I'm almost positive this was a scam between the front desk attendant and the valet parking attendant. We are disputing the charge with our credit card company.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your French Market Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Market Hotel New Orleans
- Historic French Market Hotel
- Hotel Historic French Market
- Historic French Market Inn