“Lovely Place”
Review of French Market Inn

French Market Inn
Ranked #22 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Loved everything about this hotel during our stay. Beautiful rooms, beautiful courtyard with a small outdoor pool all in the heart of the French Quarter. Everything is within a short walk. The hotel staff was great, especially the night crew. They made us feel welcome and were charming and funny. The price was amazing! The only reason it does not receive 5 stars is because of the accounting department. We booked through Hotels.com and they did not have our reservation when we arrived. The only way for us to stay that night was to pay (again) for the 1st night until they received the reservation and then get refunded for the double payment the next morning. This was fine, no big deal. I gave them 3 days before I asked about my refund again. They again said I had to speak with accounting (No one from accounting was ever available). It took 2 weeks to get my refund of the nights. I did get the refund. Moral of the story: I would recommend this hotel, but book with them directly!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle F
There are newer reviews for French Market Inn

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Wow! I can't say enough about the French Market Inn. We were a little hesitant because we got such a great deal on the room but decided to give it a try, especially after seeing all the reviews. We arrived after a long drive from Texas to such a friendly and warm staff. We were given a beautiful room (#227). We couldn't believe what a gorgeous room it was. Super spacious, beautiful bathroom and a nice little patio overlooking the courtyard. We had seen several reviews about smaller rooms with no window so I was sure to ask for a window. We were so incredibly pleased with the French Market Inn. The staff is so nice and they even have a "house cat" who just lounges around. I'm not much of a cat person but the cat always stayed out of the way.

The location is just perfect as well. Cafe Du Monde and Jackson Square are just a few blocks away. There is tons of shopping across the street. Riverwalk shopping is just down a few blocks as well. The riverfront is just across the street - and you are just 3 blocks from the center of Bourbon Street. We even walked down to Harrah's Casino on Canal Street which was maybe about 5 blocks. What I liked is that the hotel was small and quiet and after a night on Bourbon Street you came 'home' to a peaceful place.

As for parking, they do offer valet - but I researched this before we went and read that valet was around $40/a day. There is a parking lot DIRECTLY across from the hotel and it costs $27 a day. We paid $108 for 4 days. We didn't mind this too much since we got such a great deal on the room. It also allowed us to watch out for our vehicle and we saw it everytime we stepped out of the hotel. It is not covered parking but it was perfect for us.

Do not hesitate to stay at French Market Inn. We will definitely be staying again on our next trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window. Also, we had Room 227, which was incredible, however, there is no elev...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank love2travel612
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located in the quarter on Decatur street across
from the water near dining and shopping. A true small hotel with style and elegance sitting in the middle if it all. A couple of blocks from Royal, Jackson Square & the market. Great hotel at a great value! Hard not to sleep in and enjoy its comfort. Would come back!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I am very thankful for the Staff and Management of the French Market Inn.

I have stayed at the French Market Inn numerous times over the years and am always well cared for.

I love it's location close to Cafe Du Monde, the French Market, Jackson Square and many shops and restaurants I enjoy.

It is also safe walk and distance to/from Bourbon Street.

The Front Desk staff I want to especially mention are Nancy, Perry, Jenna, Megan and Minnie.

Your housekeeping staff also merits a loud shout out as well for the well cleaned and comfortable presentation of the rooms.

I stayed in the hotel twice in the past week when I picked up a friend from the Airport and returned her a week later.

On the first stay, Perry was exceptionally helpful getting us settled and Nancy was great checking us in.

The night staff (whose names I do not have) went above and beyond to help my friend with meal options when her shuttle arrived after 1:00am.

I was especially thankful for Jenna's extra effort to track my daughter when she had left her cell phone on the charger in her room.

Our return this week was greeted by Perry's ever smiling face and Megan's friendly attitude.

Your staff as personable, professional and highly guest oriented.

Minnie sent me on my way with a happy smile and appreciation for my recognition of her Front Desk folks.

You are very blessed with these fine people and I look forward to my next opportunity to see them.

Room Tip: The room rates during the week make it a perfect overnight day trip location. I like the third floor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I am a very picky person to begin with. Our visit to the French Market Inn was absolutly amazing. Very nice, very comfortable. Great location and so affordable. I enjoyed my stay. Costomer service is the best. The world needs more places like this! Very clean, safe,friendly staff. There will b en many return trips to the French Market Inn in my future!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The French Market Inn was adorable! I loved the decor. It was clean and close to a lot of good eats and Bourbon St! Our room was a little small, and so was the pool. But, none of that was really important to us. The valet service is $31 and some change per day. I'm not sure if they were having a bad day, but it took them an hour to bring us our car. Ridiculous. I Would DEFINITELY stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Located on the riverside edge of the French District, the French Market Inn is a pleasant surprise. The narrow front hides a warren of sections -- the hotel being made up of 5 or 6 buildings (including the 2nd floor and upwards over the adjoining storefronts) with a funky courtyard in the middle. We lost count of the number of elevators and sets of stairs (inside and outside). It was a delightful surprise.

The only complaint we have is the many of the rooms are 'interior' meaning no windows at all. A bit eerie sleeping in a room where the daylight never enters - a bit like being in a closet. Never-the-less, the rooms are well appointed, the beds comfortable, and the delightful courtyard with a tiny pool very close. Besides, when you're in New Orleans you spend all your time wandering the streets!

Room Tip: If you are willing to pay a little extra, ask for a room with window or balcony. The cheapest rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple