“Wonderful...absolutly wonderful”

French Market Inn
Ranked #17 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
“Wonderful...absolutly wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I am a very picky person to begin with. Our visit to the French Market Inn was absolutly amazing. Very nice, very comfortable. Great location and so affordable. I enjoyed my stay. Costomer service is the best. The world needs more places like this! Very clean, safe,friendly staff. There will b en many return trips to the French Market Inn in my future!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The French Market Inn was adorable! I loved the decor. It was clean and close to a lot of good eats and Bourbon St! Our room was a little small, and so was the pool. But, none of that was really important to us. The valet service is $31 and some change per day. I'm not sure if they were having a bad day, but it took them an hour to bring us our car. Ridiculous. I Would DEFINITELY stay again.

Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Located on the riverside edge of the French District, the French Market Inn is a pleasant surprise. The narrow front hides a warren of sections -- the hotel being made up of 5 or 6 buildings (including the 2nd floor and upwards over the adjoining storefronts) with a funky courtyard in the middle. We lost count of the number of elevators and sets of stairs (inside and outside). It was a delightful surprise.

The only complaint we have is the many of the rooms are 'interior' meaning no windows at all. A bit eerie sleeping in a room where the daylight never enters - a bit like being in a closet. Never-the-less, the rooms are well appointed, the beds comfortable, and the delightful courtyard with a tiny pool very close. Besides, when you're in New Orleans you spend all your time wandering the streets!

Room Tip: If you are willing to pay a little extra, ask for a room with window or balcony. The cheapest rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jayaruu
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is on Decatur Street across between Toulouse and St Lous Streets, three blocks from Cafe Du Monde. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. AMAZING. In the heart of the French Quarter and in walking distance to the New Orleans Aquarium, Riverwalk, and Canal Street. You can't go wrong.

Stunning marble lobby that is ice cold, which is an oasis in July's heat and humidity. The staff is lovely and gracious. Vale parking is available for $28/day, which is a deal.

I'm allowed to check in several hours early. My room is small, a petite room with a queen bed and window. (The do have inside rooms with no windows, which I find OK, but if you're claustrophobic, make sure you have a window) It feels like a small room in Europe or NYC. Let's face it. You plan to be OUT exploring New Orleans and not in the room, so the lack of space, is a non-issue. The bed is extremely comfortable, great tv, and lovely appointed albeit small bathroom, with amenities provided (shampoo, lotion, hand, and body soap). No refrigerator in the room. There is a tiny desk and end table, but electrical outlets are easily accessible and plentiful. Great closet with iron and ironing board. In-room safe as well.

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. The maids were wonderful. My room was spotless every day. The front desk clerks were very helpful and friendly. The Bellman were also very attentive. Bravo Rocco!

I highly recommend this hotel. It's close to everything, but far enough from Bourbon that you can sleep. There is a lovely courtyard. A little oasis in the French Quarter. It also has a pool, tiny, but a lovely amenity on an extremely hot and humid day.

Book your room NOW! You will be happy.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room with a window if you're claustrophobic. there is also an advance pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Kmbpugsly
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We had a very comfortable room. We choose an inside room (no windows) because the noise level in The French Quarter at night can be excessive. Room was very quiet. Staff were pleasant and very accommodating. The French Market Inn is located right in the center of things in the French Market. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Ontario Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

From the minute we arrived until we left all the staff were friendly and helpful Megan and Minnie at the front desk. Charise who did a wonderful job on our room although small it was spotless.
I would have given it a five except for the glitch with the lock on our door the day we left which had us sitting around for two hours while they tried to fix it (we couldn't get into our room) they did give a discount but we still wasted time from our vacation.
The location was great just three blocks from Bourbon St and Megan at front desk helped us book our tours.

Room Tip: Ask for outside room because apparently some rooms have no windows.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I was honestly worried when I read some negative reviews of this place after booking solely on basis of location and price. It turned out to be great. I called to ensure I had one of the renovated rooms. It was of adequate size (unless you are going to NOLA to sit in your room). It was clean. Our king sized bed was comfortable. Staff were frdly and helpful. Location was perfect for walking 2 or 3 blocks to excellent restaurants, 5 min to the madness of bourbon street, 3 blocks to french market 10 minutes to Frenchman street music venues. probably good to be on 4th floor because Decatur St is busy with tourist traffic well into the night. Do not understand the reviewer who was irritated by the Natchez riverboat calliope playing for 30 minutes at the dock across the street about 200 yds away around 11 am 2 pm. and. 6 pm. It was all part of the atmosphere and again, in the coolest city in the world what are you doing in your room? Maybe you should have stayed in Fargo! Felt very safe at that location. Often when I go to a city I see another place I wish I had stayed. In this case when I return, this will be my choice. But not a bad idea to call and confirm you are getting a room that is renovated and either facing the quaint courtyard or- my preference- facing the river but at least three if not four floors up

• Stayed February 2014