WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #33 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We loved the Inn!! Awesome rooms and court yards!!
The room are very nice, the oh negative would be the noise that travel in the hallway. Some of the room doors have glass in them so the noise was bothersome at times.
Great place to stay!! Just a stroll from Jackson square.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Banff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel it's in the French quarter just off bourbon street so it's close to the action, our room was very nice be it small but good and a great bathroom the only problem was I had to park a few blocks away but that's not the inns fault they don't allow parking

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank Alan D
Huffman, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Inn on St. Peter is part of the French Quarter Guest Houses. The rooms have been updated with comfortable beds, keurig coffee makers, ect. I stayed in a Queen Deluxe room. There is a bed, tv, nightstand, wardrobe, ect. What there is not is a minifridge, microwave or chair. I am in room 17, which is around the corner, up a narrow flight of stairs, and the door opens to a shared balcony. I am totally loving not having to walk down dark halls with stale air to an elevator 10 stories from the ground. The company website will specify if a room can only be accessed by stairs. Some are on the first level. I have found myself enjoying the quaint patio set in the evenings. The biggest con is that there is no onsite parking. There are multiple options of garages 5 blocks away or less. Most are $20 a day, which is pretty average for NOLA. Also, a few convenience stores within 1.5 blocks, one of which is the Toulouse House Grocery that makes big poboys, but that is another review! If you require room service and valet parking, do not stay here. If you are a more autonomous traveler who likes to come and go as you please, this is it. Also, check Groupon, Amazon Local, or Living Social, as they often have deals!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eva C
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I spent 3 nights at this property in June 2014 and chose this hotel based on other reviews and the great location in the heart of the French Quarter. Yes, the building is old, but this makes the experience far more charming and authentic than staying in a bland cookie-cutter corporate hotel chain... I'm not sure who would want to visit this unique city and stay in a sterile, 'chrome and glass' business hotel. Although there was a bit of street noise over the weekend, it never bothered me in any way... this is of course one of the USA's premier party destinations. My room was very clean and I never had a single problem with the wifi connection, air conditioning or any fixtures/amenities in the room. Rosemary, a member of the super-friendly housekeeping staff, took great care of me by supplying me with extra towels and fresh linens daily... I received a smile and warm greeting every time I saw her! Reception staff were also consistently helpful and professional. Based on the excellent customer service and fantastic location, I will definitely stay here again. Loved it.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms have a great view of the French Quarter, but might catch a bit more of the stree...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Location
1 Thank kansasforever
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed for 5 nights. If this is your first trip to New Orleans, do not be put off by the appearance of the area. I was not prepared for 2-300 year old brick walls th a t aren't straight anymore and sidewalks and streets that are uneven, and the smell of NO. As we drove up to the hotel, I was getting more and more worried. But the front counter staff were so pleasant and the room was so beautiful, updated, and clean, that I soon relaxed. This is not the Hilton, but it is a quaint, clean, friendly,convenient place to use as a base to explore from.
The room has a keurig coffee machine, which was wonderful, although the last couple days, the coffee supply, cups, etc. Had not been replenished in the morning. But, a call to the front desk brought immediate service with a smile.
The a\c was not working my first night - was just blowing cool. But again, a call to front desk had tecnicians working on it very quickly the next morning. I think there were several units out. At any rate, it was fixed quickly.
I had room number 1, which faced into the courtyard on street level. This room had a window, but I never lifted the black-out curtains anyway. The bed was a very comfy double. Not a big room, but more than adequate for 1-2 people. The bathroom was a little on the small side - hard to use the sink or mirror without leaning onto the wall, and not teally any place to put toiletries, but this was a minor detail.
The courtyard had an ice-maker right under the stairs, which was helpful in the very hot weather! I had expected the stairs to be noisy during the night, but they weren't. You could hear if someone slammed their door upstairs, which seemed to happen often as the weekend progressed.
Being Canadian, I did not even think about the fact that it was 4th of July weekend. There was, though, only one time some merry-makers kept me awake. Again, a call to the office had that dealt with quickly. The hotel was close enough (2blocks) to Bourbon St. to join the party, but far enough away that the noise was not disruptive.
Any time I needed one, the office called for a taxi, and it usually arrived within 5 minutes.
All in all, this was a very good experience. I can't think of anything the staff could have done to be more peasant and helpful. For anyone who has been to NO, before, this is a good bet, close to everything, including transportation. Great shopping at the huge French market! For first-timers, just keep an open mind, and remember you are going to the middle of a very old city and its very real character. But once you enter your room, its nicely modern.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
2 Thank adeliaCanada
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I booked this place to stay while I visited New Orleans for the Essence festival. I stayed here two years ago and I liked it then. I still love this place. It's clean and very secure. It's a quick two minute walk to Bourban. The suite was big enough for the 4 of us that stayed there. I will definitely stay there again when I return next year.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jaytonn H
Bedford, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here from June 30-July 3. The hotel and service were actually great but the air conditioning was a disaster. Our first night at the hotel, we checked in and walked over to our room and it was like a sauna when we entered the room. We waited it out, thinking it might get better if we lowered the thermostat. Well after waiting about 2 hours, it never got better so we had to ask to change rooms. Luckily, ONE room was available and we were easily moved into it immediately. The next day we went out for the day and when we got back around 3 pm the NEW room was like a sauna. We hadn't touched the thermostat and it was set at 73 but was actually 88 in the room

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple