“Wow! Will recommend it to all!”
Review of Inn on St. Peter

Inn on St. Peter
Ranked #35 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Summerdale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wow! Will recommend it to all!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Beautiful Inn - Great Location - Priced Right - Friendly Staff!!
Newly renovated Inn, is now painted red, with great view off the balcony, very safe (secure entry into a hall or courtyard), two blocks from Bourbon St. and walking distance to everything. Everything was clean and the staff was very kind! The room was small, but very nice, so we just opened up the double doors and went onto the balcony. We were in room 19, and had an awesome view down St. Peter and Burgundy. My only complaint is that the bed was a full size and my husband and I (we were on our honeymoon) are not skinny people. I definately will recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a quaint Inn just off the beaten path!

Room Tip: Rooms 18 and 19 have a great view - 19 has a full bed, but 18 has a king!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Great location. Friendly staff. Small rooms but very clean. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Very pleased!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Spud577
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel and it was awful. The first room that I was shown had various types of hair on the bed sheet, so I requested another room. I was given another room and the bedsheets had long hair on it as well, so I requested another room change. I was told I was given their "best room." It had a fold out bed. The fold out bed had what looked like a urine stain. I lifted the cushions of the couch, which had mouse droppings. In the bedroom, I found a giant cockroach. Needless to say, I did not spend the night here. Please make sure you inspect the room carefully. I do not know if they made any changes. I could tell the concierge was getting irritated and stated, "I just don't know what you expect." Although he was irritated, he was never rude.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
14 Thank KristenEve
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Let me start off by saying, I was a bit skeptical when I first booked this place based on some of the older reviews. I am happy to report that any pre-2012 negative reviews should be considered outdated. I called to book my room by phone, and let the manager Heidi know that I was traveling with my wife and two little ones. She said since it was a non-event night, she could give me a reduced rate on a king suite to give us more room. From my searches, their rates were already among the lowest in the Quarter so I booked it hoping I made the right choice. I am pleased to say I did! The place has been completely renovated (see pictures I have posted). We originally only booked it for one night since we were staying with friends about an hour from New Orleans, but since it was so nice and convenient and were having a blast in New Orleans, we stayed an additional two nights! The staff was very friendly, smiling, and accommodating, we even got to know them on a first name basis. It is conveniently located only 2 blocks from Bourbon Street, and a 10 minute walk to Jackson Square. There are 3 separate properties as part of this hotel, we stayed the entire time in the St Peter House. The other ones are around corner and look just as nice. Parking is not included, the best option is a garage about 4 blocks away that changes $17 for a 24 hour period. Free wi-fi, limited breakfast (coffee & danishes) but there is a great little breakfast joint around the corner on Rampart called the Decadence Shoppe, highly recommend their breakfast.

Room Tip: loved our rooms with direct access to courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank myconductor
Henderson, NV
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Went there in early April on our anniversary prior to leaving on a cruise. Having never been to NOLA before, our experience was limited to online reviews and books. We were pleased with our stay overall. The staff are very friendly, the buildings secure and well located for walking to all areas of the Quarter, Armstrong Park and the Performing Arts Center, and St. Louis Cemetery, and the rooms in the Creole House are very nice (although small) after their renovation.

The one drawback that we encountered, and it was a BIG mistake on our part, was not finding out that our room was two blocks away from the main building and up three flights of narrow stairs. We were loaded down for our trip, and having to lug the stuff up to the room at 2:00 AM was not fun. Be sure to put in your lower floor request when you make your reservation.

Otherwise, the St. Peter House is a small gem in the Big Easy.

PS, Easter is an AWESOME time to visit, as they have a great parade!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveling_Macks
oslo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Looking for a centrally located BB in New Orleans, I found St Peter House Hotel on the Internet. It turned out to be more than expected: Nice room in 200 year old charming house, calmly located in walking distance from the buzz at Bourbon street. The hotel has expanded and is now at three locations, my room was in an accompanying house, Inn at St Anne's. Staff was helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was very basic, coffee and muffins, but considering the price, I still consider this good value for money. Reservation was done online at their website. Contrary to what appeared from their webpage, they also have complimentary free WIFI.

Room Tip: Have only seen my room at St Anne's. Nice, basic room with large bed and with newly refurbished...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank asp_60
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had to make a sudden trip to New Orleans recently, and decided to book this hotel because my usual haunts were not available on such short notice. It appears that the St. Peter House is actually three buildings located on two different streets that are close together.

I stayed at the annex on St. Ann St. which I think was called the "Marie Laveaux House." I wan't expecting much for the price, but I was pleasantly surprised; a new room, new bed, nice shower, flat screen tv, patio with furniture, very clean, and very quiet and for approx $80 per night I was very happy.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone without hesitation,

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo