“Lunch at Stanley, Is living, I presume.”
Review of Stanley

Stanley
Ranked #244 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Conveniently located on historic Jackson Square, the view from Stanley's provincial yet elegant dining room provides a beautiful backdrop of St. Louis Cathedral and downtown New Orleans. With all day breakfast and brunch, delicious sandwiches, a soda fountain, house-made ice cream desserts, and The Stanley Burger there's something guaranteed to please anyone's tastes in this charming French Quarter locale.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Bright ,light, place to have lunch in Jackson Square area. A Besh restaurant paramor to Stella.
We had Po Boys of Roast Beef, Oyster, and Soft shelled crab, onion rings, and gumbo.

Assured the soft shelled crab were fresh and not frozen.......yet no where else in New Orleans were soft shelled crabs available. Does Stanley have a secret source or do the wait staff just lie? Do they keep the shedders in the basement coaxing them along even into December? Or do they figure if you ask if they are fresh in December you will not know enought to know the difference?

We were just off the plane and needed to eat and we had heard good things about Stanley. Everything was adequate, not outstanding and not much of a wow factor.
Along with nine beers our total including tax and tip was $168 or $28 each.

Paul was our server and worked hard.

We received what we payed for., nothing special, a filling lunch for hungry tourists.

1  Thank h2oworks2000
Write a ReviewReviews (1,966)

Reviewed December 25, 2012

OMG! Even though this a tourist-meca right off Jackson Square, the food and service were truly outstanding. Everything was cooked perfectly and they were very timely in their service. And while slammed busy, the hosting was efficient. Even with all the great reviews, the overall experience exceeded our expectations.
"To Die For" items:
- Bloody Mary (one of the best in NO)
- Breaux Bridge Benedict: Charlie T's Boudin, Smoked Ham, American Cheese, Poached Eggs, and Creole Hollandaise ~12.50 We added fried oysters and while it was pricey, it was divine!!!
- Eggs Stanley: Cornmeal-Crusted Oysters, Poached Eggs, Canadian Bacon and Creole Hollandaise on a Toasted English Muffin ~ 13.25 (a better deal, but no Boudin)

You should just go here... but, let me get my name on the waiting list first!

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I had the happiest meal of my life there. After proposing to love of my life it front of St. Louis Cathedral, we walked over to Stanley for the most amazing brunch. They have amazing bloodys, benedicts, and gumbo. I had the gumbo and the eggs Benedict with soft shell crab. My fiancé had the fried oyster Benedict. Everything we had was out of this world. After having such a huge moment outside, I needed a place that wouldn't let down and we have been craving it ever since. Thank you Stanley for being a part of the first day of the rest of my life!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We loved this place, which is on/near Jackson Square, for breakfast. We would go back again and again. By the way it fills up, you can tell how popular it is. You can have breakfast or lunch all day long--one of my friends had a root beer float for breakfast!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Since it is across from Jackson Square I thought it would be too crowded or too expensive but we got right in for Friday brunch and had a great meal. The eggs benedict and bananas foster french toast were excellent! Sitting at the window people watching was fun, and was a nice start to our quick weekend.