“Our second time was much better than the first.”

Gordon Biersch Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Salt Lake City, UT
“Our second time was much better than the first.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had just finished an exhausting day of walking all over the French Quarter, taking the street car to the Oyster Festival and walking through the Riverside Marketplace, so we were very ready for dinner and came on this place. I remembered reading reviews that said it was good and the menu looked like they had a nice variety, so we went in. I thought someone had said they had pizzas in one of the reviews and had planned on ordering a personal pizza, but there were none on the menu. We found out later that they DO have pizza - full size- but it's not on the menu, you have to ask for it. My husband was pleased that they offered fish and chips and planned on ordering that. I was considering a few different options and remembered one reviewer raving about the flatbread. The waiter tried to explain too me exactly what it was and it sounded good so I ordered it - the California Cobb one for $10.95. Soon the waiter same back and told my husband they were out of fish and chips - major disappointment, so he just ordered a hamburger, also $10.95. My husband said the hamburger was good, but nothing really special. The manager stopped by our table later and apologized for the lack of fish. He said they had had 120 portions at the beginning of the day, but they had all be ordered, so they were, surprisingly, out. My flatbread was not what I had envisioned. It was served on a rectangular paddle board. The flatbread filled the board to within about 1/2" all the way around. The "bread" itself was more like a cracker, very thin. All the toppings were on top then a pile of greens was on top of that. The problem was, how do you eat it? When I tried to cut into it the greens went all over the place. I tried to cut off some of the edge pieces, but it was a mess. I left at least half of it. I would definitely NOT recommend the flatbread. Now you're probably wondering why we would go back. Well, this place is not in the French Quarter where we were staying. It's several blocks away and a few days later we had rented a car to go the the Chalmette battlefield and to see some plantations. The Hertz car rental was very near this restaurant and since we brought it back "after hours" we didn't get the drop off service at our hotel. My husband was still thinking about those fish and chips and it was quite late for dinner. My husband suggested we go there, and I was sure I could find something, so we went back. This time he got his fish (cod) and chips $14.50 and since the pizzas were full size, I decided to try the red beans with rice and a side salad. The salad was good size and crisp with a nice assortment of vegetables, $5.50, and the red beans and rice, $3.75, came in a cup like soup with a scoop of rice on top. It was pure "comfort food" - SO good. This restaurant is quite large and both times we were there it was crowded. They have dining rooms and also a bar area. We thought it was a nice place.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Richmond
“Excellent Mahi Fish Sandwich”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were staying at the Hilton Riverside and Gordon Biersch was right across the street. So we ordered takeout from there twice. Both times we had the Mahi Fish sandwich and garlic fries and they were great both times. Others groups that were at our conference ate there as well and said their meals were always good. It is a lot less expensive than the Hilton food.

Visited July 2013
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
“It's ok, but I won't be eating there again”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is an average place to eat. The place has a good atmosphere. Our waiter was very good and attentive. If you're in a pinch to find a place to eat this will do. The only gripes I have was that they don't serve sweet tea and they ran out of chicken wings which i ordered as an appetizer.

• Visited July 2013
Texas
“Dishes of disappointments~”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After waiting 15 minutes, all three of our meals arrived luke warm. Additionally, I ordered the cedar plank, pecan crusted, salmon and it arrived without a plank and pecans. They passed it off as if it were cooked on a plank and they had removed it but in actuality they were out of planks, as I was informed by a manager! I did not appreciate the dishonesty. The manager gave us a 25% discount; however, that was only about $3 off (not a deal compared to the hassle). Good martinis!

Visited July 2013
CheleR_13, Guest Relations Manager at Gordon Biersch Brewery, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We're very sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience at our restaurant, and please know that we've passed along your feedback to the management team. If you're interested in speaking to someone about your visit, please email your contact information to gbsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and we'll have a manager follow up with you. We thank you kindly for your business and for your feedback.
Hazard, Kentucky
“What a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The flash fried artichoke heart appetizer was outstanding. Also, it was the absolute best Salmon( with bourbon sauce) I have ever eaten and I eat it wherever it's offered.The fried asparagus was also fantastic. Service was also excellent.

Visited June 2013