“Go for the beer, the food is OK”

Gordon Biersch Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 2,011 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had a sampler of the beers, all lagers except for one ale. Every beer tasted pretty much like it should (I am a certified beer judge). Even though I was at the bar, the bartender was too busy to really talk to me much and when he did talk he was not able to give satisfactory answers to my questions about the brewery operations. It took a while for the appetizer (Kobe beef sliders) to come out, and they were certainly tougher than I would have expected.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I will say this place in convient to the Hilton and Harrah's. However, the food is not up to the New Orleans standard. It is only 2 blocks from Mothers...so the standard is higher than most cities.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Good atmosphere. I had so much N O food I just needed some beef. Strip steak was good but the lobster bisque was cool and bland. Unfortunately was seated next to the kitchen so it was noisy. I am not one to fuss and there were plenty of better tables.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is the pub/restaurant that is part of the Harrah's complex near the waterfront in New Orleans. The food and service were excellent but a little pricey. I do not believe that they had a microbrewery on site, rather it is a franchise of which I was not aware until I got there.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Great food and service. The manager personally came to the table to inform us that they were out of the bread for one of our dishes. He made polite conversation and made sure that we were satisfied with everything. I give this place a thumbs up!