Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,053 results
All reviews canal street pelican bar great location french quarter club room floor number lobby bar floor to ceiling windows high floor great view of the river large hotel within walking distance mardi gras few blocks harrah's casino valet parking fitness center
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sheraton has to be one of the worst properties in the Marriott chain and this one lives up to the Sheraton brand. The hotel is old and while the lobby and meeting rooms are in decent shape the rooms are in desperate need of some TLC. As a Platinum member, I was upgraded to a Club Room so I would assume it is one of the better rooms at this hotel and it was a 2-star experience at best.

The rooms are small and very outdated. The room I had has not seen any kind of an upgrade in years. There were holes in the sheetrock where the fire sprinklers were cut out, the trap door about the shower was very poorly installed, hairs in the shower overall just not a very well maintained room.

The beds are not up to Marriott standards, the pillows were flimsy and worn out and the sheets are thin and scratchy. I only had three hangers in my room and it took me three requests to finally get some more brought up.

The smoke alarm in my room went off on me several times from the steam in the shower. When I went to the front desk to tell them about it the desk clerk just looked at me and said "It happens"

The walls are paper thin so lucky for me, I was able to very clearly hear the couple next door, who judging by the frequency of their activities they very well could have been on their honeymoon. Even on the 42nd floor, I could hear all the noise on street level at all hours of the night.

Overall unless you have to be at this specific hotel, there are a million other options in the area.

Date of stay: January 2020
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear JasonKirksey,

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Bonvoy Platinum member, and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We are disappointed to read about the difficulties you had during your stay, and regret if your were not completely satisfied with the suite you were provided. Our goal is to deliver a seamless experience and refreshing accommodations for all of our patrons, so we are sorry for falling short of our own expectations. In addition, the service extended by our front desk associate when alerting us to this smoke alarm issue is certainly not typical by our standards, so we will be addressing your comments appropriately. Thank you again, and we would love a future opportunity to prove our commitment to excellence.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am a Marriott fan but was extremely disappointed in this hotel hotel in their brand. The staff was the most rude I'd ever encountered. The front desk person who check checked us in never smiled or spoke to us. She did not put my Bonvoy number on the reservation though she said she did. We found out after calling for another reason. We had to go later and have someone else add it.
The attendant in the concierge lounge was extremely rude - slamming things around and mumbling under her breath.
Three employees standing in the lobby to help people (though were just chatting with each other) could not answer a simple question about which street to take to get to Woldenburg Park which was a few blocks away, on the river, and didn't offer to try to get info or tell me who might be able to help.
We did have a good experience in the lobby bar. The bartender and server were very nice. As well as was the omelette cook in the restaurant.
Lastly, our room was very dusty when we checked. We cleaned it ourselves.
I've never had an experience like this at a Marriott property and was surprised.
Extremely disappointing.
I'm not even a demanding or rude guest. I make it a point to be kind and patient with people.

Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear CRMays,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent visit. We are truly disappointed to read your feedback, as providing superior service and accommodations are very important to us. Please accept our apologies if our team failed to provide the personalized hospitality you should always expect from us, as well as the difficulties you had in your guest room. We take your concerns seriously and will certainly address this with the appropriate individuals to avoid such issues going forward. Thank you for your patience, and we hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to exceed every expectation for a perfect stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I felt a little duped, by taking the upgrade, which really never gave me anything.

The valet service was fantastic and I was driving a full size, extended cab pickup, so I really appreciated it.

The breakfast was okay, I felt like it was an after thought. I enjoy my breakfast, relaxing before starting the day. This was anything but relaxing, boring location of the hotel, put in a corner almost.

The pool was so disappointing and it was something you needed. There was no hot tub or anything to relax in. Pools on cruises are bigger.

Room tip: high floor, river view
Date of stay: October 2019

Dear DCM2020,

Thank you for being our recent guest and for taking the time to share your evaluation. While we appreciate your acknowledgment of our valet team's exceptional service, we apologize if you were disappointed with your upgraded accommodations and for simply failing to exceed your expectations. We always appreciate feedback that helps us identify areas where we can improve, and we assure you that we will follow up on your concerns with our leadership team appropriately. It would be an honor to welcome you again and provide the elevated and care free stay that is expected of our brand.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel's location made it convenient to walk to any tourist destination or get picked up by a tour company. We also had a great check-in experience by Thet and the rest of the front desk staff (I think that's his name, I apologize that I forgot but I still wanted to thank him)! The downside is that the building is quite old, but you'll be too busy exploring NOLA to really spend that much time in your room!

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear plina5,

It is delightful to know our prime location perfectly suited your plans for everything you had to explore during your visit to New Orleans. We are also thrilled to read your comments about the great service you received from our staff at the front desk and how they exceeded your expectations. All of our associates at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel are dedicated to going the extra mile in taking care of guests. We will surely share your kind compliments with our team. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visit NOLA yearly! We tried the Sheraton on Canal. While we were on the club floor, the room was very small and bathroom smaller with tub shower and no hot water! They were kind enough to. Hangs rooms for us! The problem was that the new room did not have a bigger bathroom but rather unbelievably smaller with again no hot water and an elevator bank that actually runs through the adjacent wall. The staff was friendly and the property albeit huge...completely sold out! We will be trying a new hotel despite being a Bonvoy platinum member!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear V9031QMbrianb,

It is truly disappointing to learn that we missed several opportunities while you were here and that you left with a negative impression of our hotel. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the difficulties you had, and if you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations. Our team strives to go above and beyond to provide everything our travelers need, so we are very sorry this was not your experience. Your feedback gives us the vital information we need to continuously elevate our services, and we assure you that we will promptly follow up with the appropriate individuals. We hope you will consider us on your next trip to the area, as we would love another opportunity to prove our dedication to inspired and thoughtful hospitality.