“More than 2 people? FUHGEDDABOUDIT”

Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #77 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I brought my family to New Orleans since I thought they could enjoy the hotel and the city since my days at a week long conference would be quite long. We have had car troubles and harrowing snow and ice through 4 states, drove 19 hours on an 1100+ mile trip. All we looked forward to was a relaxing stay.

I'm a Starwoods member and this is what I'd like to know...WHY a hotel on the caliber of the Sheraton use double beds rather than queen size beds in their rooms?? It's our first night and 4 people in 2 double (full size) beds was absolutely M I S E R A B L E. The extra 6 inches of a queen bed WOULD HAVE MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE! If the goal is to make people comfortable and happy - they should have splurged on the queen beds.

Eight days like this at a rack rate of $350+ a night...I dunno. Tempted to leave and go find a Homewood Suites or something. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful hotel, centrally located and nicely appointed rooms - albeit a little small. But if you have a family of more than TWO - fuhgeddaboudit! Stay somewhere where you can have a little more room and BIGGER BEDS - or a king for the grown ups and a pullout for the kiddies. I'm stuck here because of my conference.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, also rooms closest to elevators (I know) were said to be more spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to connect with us regarding your experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We expect great things when staying at a Sheraton, but it did not deliver. There was no concierge, just a salesman at a tour desk that tried to sell tours and knew nothing about the area. We signed up for the club room, but never got a room on the club floors. And the club room food was fine, but there was never any place to sit and eat. And nothing but sodas. The room was nice, but my wife discovered that we had no towels when she got out of the shower and it took a LONG time for housekeeping to deliver. Not what we expected, and not what the Sheraton used to be.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

We greatly appreciate the time taken to connect with us regarding your experience. Please accept our apologies for the difficulties with our tour desk, the experience in our Sheraton Club not able to find adequate seating and the lack of timely service, which are completely understood as frustrating. We would love the opportunity to have you back with us in the future if you so choose. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Have a blessed day.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for New Years and the Sugar Bowl. We had an awesome stay. Check in was easy (though I am SPG preferred). We were also able to check in early. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a disturbance next door very late one night. We were concerned about someone's safety. We called the front desk and they immediately sent security to investigate. The next morning we had a note under our door to contact the manager to make sure everything was handled well. I was very impressed! I will definitely stay here again on our next visit!

Room Tip: Loved the French Quarter view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank vabama22

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations! Nicely appointed rooms with up-to-date furnishings and moderns features. Jay, one of the front office associates, went out of his way to accommodate my requests as did Josh, one of the hotel's managers. I will definitely be back to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott P

We are so pleased you feel at home with us at the Sheraton NOLA. It is certainly our goal for all of our guests. Thank you for such kind words and compliments of our team, specifically Jay in the Front Office. We are honored to have him on our team. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

The pluses first. Great location, great room, very comfortable bed. Minuses--keys work then don't. Annoying. Lost electricity. No water for an evening. Told we wld be out of hit water but there was no water. Front desk attendant rude. Service in Lounge extremely slow. Always had to ask for fresh towels, room to be made etc. I wld try this hotel one more time just to see if this was a fluke or the norm but I've had better service at Holiday Inn Express!!

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues that came along with your room along with the response from our team. I completely understand the concerns you have and would be happy to speak with you regarding them. Please feel free to reach out to me.

Josh C.
504-595-6223

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was a nice hotel, wonderfully located- but unfortunately we had many issues with our room. I will say that the front desk staff were extremely sympathetic and did their best to resolve our problems- but they could only do so much. Because of the multitude of issues, we had interaction with several departments of the hotel staff and they were all polite if not punctual.
Issues:
1. A large section of the carpet was wet in between the beds- enough to soak your socks. We called the front desk and they said they would send Maintenance up. When MX arrived 45 minutes later, they advised they would bring a big blower to dry carpet. They did this but not until the NEXT DAY. We were getting upset because we wanted to leave the room and couldn't due to waiting. When we finally did try to leave.......
2. Our door to the room would not shut properly. This turned out to be a big deal because of course we couldn't leave the room until the door was fixed. We had to wait about an hour for Security. THEN...
3. The safe was locked upon our arrival. Now, a different security guy had to come and physically reset the safe. I am assuming they do this to make sure that the previous tenants didn't leave any valuables in there, which is nice - but we had to wait another 35 minutes!
So basically once we arrived, we weren't able to leave the room for close to 2 hours due to waiting. The front desk was very apologetic and offered us a $75 food credit at the hotel bar/restaurant. Although we dealt with several people, I remember Janee had to bear the brunt of our problem reporting and she was terrific. I actually felt a bit bad for the hotel, because my traveling companion was visiting from England and writing a trip report on New Orleans for a magazine. I think the hotel's saving grace was employing such a great front desk staff!
I really liked the elevator system there. You enter your floor outside the elevator banks and it tells you which elevator to get on, then the elevator goes right up to the floor you entered. It was extremely proficient.
The gift shop had just about everything you could ask for and the young man working there was super polite and helpful.
The downstairs bar area is great - very big and perfect for watching a football game!
Location cannot be beat if you want to stay away from the noise in French Quarter.
Even with all the room issues, I will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank txgrrl68

Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues in your room and the lack of timely service in response to those concerns. Thank you so very much for such kind words regarding our front desk team, specifically Jenee. She is such a wonderful asset to our Sheraton Family. I completely understand the concerns you have and would be happy to speak with you regarding them. Please feel free to reach out to me.

Josh C.
504-595-6223

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night before a cruise, and enjoyed the stay. The check in was fast and the room was clean and the beds were really comfortable. When I inquires about free WiFi I was told that it is free in the lobby, but if I join their rewards program at no cost, that the WiFi would be free in the room. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was good to go to the imax, the trolley, and to do some shopping. Would stay here again.

2  Thank DisneyTraveller79

We are so pleased you feel at home with us at the Sheraton NOLA. It is certainly our goal for all of our guests. Thank you for such kind words and compliments of our team. We look forward to your next visit with us.