“Very Close to French Quarter and Attractions”

Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #81 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Upland, ca
“Very Close to French Quarter and Attractions”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This Sheraton I give it 4 stars it is very nice with great amenities but falls short of the 5 Stars because the staff can be rude and unfriendly. I booked a higher floor room for a little more money, you get free wifi and breakfast in the club and snacks in the evening. The higher floor was quieter and had a great view of the city and the lake. The room is not as roomy as I thought but the housekeeping was great. Some problems the movie channel was down the first day and I saw room service trays on the floors in the morning. The restaurant was slow with service for lunch if you are there with conference Like me this will be a strain. The hotel is a 10 block walk to many attractions, WWII museum and Southern Art Museum. It is literally across the street from the Insectarium and down the street from the Aquarium and a few blocks from the French Quarter and the famous Café Du Monde. I recommend the higher floors as you get access to the club house and it is a nice room to sit and get work done with a great view. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff comes early and is efficient.

Room Tip: get a room on the floors above the 42 floor, quieter with beautiful views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank coosbaygal
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback! Our location is very convenient for French Quarter browsing. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the impression you received from our team. I would love to connect with you regarding these interactions. Please feel free to contact me at 504-595-6223.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel lobby became a meeting place for my friends and I. Also in the registration area they had brownies, cookies and flavored water for the guest. Just walking distance to Bourbon Street. The room was big and clean. The front desk was excellent. The pool is average but hey who goes to Nola to swim. Lol...They provide a 50% coupon for drinks or food but we forgot to use it.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the River
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding your experience and look forward to your next visit to New Orleans!!
Cincinnati
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in Nawlins and it was for my birthday! I was there from July 23rd through the 27th and i couldnt have picked better! First step into the lobby I immediately noticed how delightfully decorated the lobby is and how absolutely scrumptious it smelled and the gorgeous, huge, real flowers! Check in was flawless and fast. The elevators were "different" but efficient, fast, well appointed and not hard to understand if you read the directions on how to use them! Up to the room...fabulous! Very well laid out, spacious, tasteful decorations and heavenly beds and pillows! Nicely lit bathrooms and I loved the furnishings. My room was cleaned spotless every day including fresh towels, bottles of water, coffee and bedding. I had to call tree times in regards to my tv not working but maintenance was at my door within 15 minutes each time and every time the front desk called afterwards to make sure it had been taken care of. The hallways, elevator and lobby were always clean, despite the hotel being booked solid my entire stay. Every staff members path I crossed, spoke to me and my friend. The hotel is in the middle of everything. There is nothing that you could want to get to that is not a stones throw away (shopping, dining, nightlife, entertainment). Checkout was also with minimal effort...just dropped my key cards into the drop box and a final invoice was received by me before I even got to the airport. I WILL NOT HESITATE TO STAY HERE AGAIN...and you shouldn't either! Thank you Sheraton for being so wonderful for my birthday!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lrrich05
Thank you so very much for joining us for your brithday celebration. I really appreciate all of your valuable feedback and kind words regarding our services and team members. We look forward to your return for a repeat performance!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a high-rise hotel in probably the best location (for tourists) in NOLA. Most super high-rises have way too few elevators for the number of rooms/floors. At this hotel the two banks of elevators are separated: one set is for the the top half of the hotel, the other set for the lower half and each elevator is labeled with a letter of the alphabet. You punch in your floor number (instead of up or down) and it gives you a letter. You enter that elevator and it takes you to your floor, along with one or two other floors. It is really a remarkable system that I hope to see in other super high-rises (including dormitories at move-in time!).

The bed was comfortable; the view phenomenal from our 35th floor river-facing room. Only complaint on the room was the sound of those super-efficient elevators operating the.whole.time.day.and.night...and ours was not even the closest rooms to the elevator.

But the location can't be beat. The parking is ridiculous ($34) and - as mentioned by other reviewers, slow as Christmas - but at least they have covered waiting areas with benches.

Room Tip: Get away from the elevators!!!!! The operating noise is not loud; in fact, it would make a wonderful...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LovesGoodFoodTexas
Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words regarding our hotel and team! We look forward to your return when visiting New Orleans.
Louisiana
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I decided after my last trip never to stay here again. While the rooms are nice and the location convenient, the staff is just so unhelpful and unfriendly. The elevators go out often too. Last time, I and dozens others had to walk 20+ flights of stairs with luggage to get out. The staff shrugged like they couldn't care less.

• Stayed October 2012
SheratonNOLA, General Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear CajunGirlTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am embarassed that our team gave you the impression that we don't care about the challenges you had. I hope you will give us the opportunty to make it right for you. I can be reached at 504-595-5521.

Jim Cook
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights for a wedding in French Quarter and the Sheraton is a great location in the heart of New Orleans.

Pros:

1) location! It is right in French quarter and walking distance to everything to do!
2) rooms are spacious and beautiful! Comfortable beds, great view, and updated amnities
3) bar is fantastic!!
4) staff is so nice!

Cons:
1) pricey but for location, it is worth it
2) valet is extremely expensive! 30 dollars a night is extreme. Also, they take forever
3) Starbucks in lobby is always busy! 30 min wait!

I would stay here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ben N
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
We love perfection! Thank you for connecting with us in regards to your experience. Location, location, location! I'm glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to your next visit!
Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a good hotel. The rooms are nice with floor to ceiling windows and nice shutters to let the light in or keep it out. There was quite a bit of room noise from the rooms on either side. The staff members, for the most part, were nice and friendly (especially the front desk staff and bartender). The service and food from the restaurant located on the second floor was just average. I would stay at the hotel again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such valuable feedback regarding your experience. Many travelers come to the Big Easy for a good time. I completely understand the frustration of the noise levels from those around you at times. I apologize you had to experience that. We do look forward to your return to our property for your next visit.