“go greener” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #78 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“go greener”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

we checked in at 8 p.m. so it was quiet and very speedy.The room was on the 29th floor ,two double beds very spacious clean and tidy.We were given the option to go green which mainly consisted of opting out of room cleaning for a day and were given a $5 voucher for food and drink.This obviously saves the hotel more than $5 per day but may i suggest they control the air conditioning better.The room temp was down to 65f and we often either turned it off or up to 72 which was more comfortable for us.The bedding provided could also have been reduced saving laundry costs as we had two quilted items on the bed a single sheet would have been enough due to high over night temperatures
The staff we met were all courteous very friendly and helpful
The lifts/elevators were excellent did n't have to wait long when called even though we were on the 29th floor (no buttons inside lift so no idiots pressing buttons for every floor)
The location of the hotel is excellent on Canal street easy access to all local attractions within walking distance even to a dedicated car driver like myself
If you are a shopper avoid riverwalk mall as major renovation seems to have just started and virtually every shop was closing or had been closed

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I was worried about staying here after reading some of the reviews about noise from construction. I can honestly say that where my room was this was not an issue. They have signs posted about which floors are being renovated. If you ask for a room away from these floors I am sure they will accommodateif tthey are able. Staff was great and extremely helpful. The food was ok, but very expensive at the hotel (you are at the French Quarter, go out for great food for less!). I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Abuja, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Am currently lodging at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans Louisiana. My room is 4320 at the 43rd floor. This is my best experience ever. The rooms are sparkling, the staff are friendly and so courteous, they make you feel like staying forever. I will stay longer than I have stayed in any hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good am told the hotel recently did a makeover of over forty MIllion Dollars. The...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel is located on Canal Street just a few yards away from the French Quarter and a short walk down to the river. My room was not ready when I checked in but for $20 extra they offered me a room on a high floor with lounge access which included evening snacks and breakfast and free internet. It was well worth the money.

The room was large with a king bed, desk and lounge chair and all was comfortable. I enjoyed my stay there and recommend it to others.

The only thing odd was that it had an elevator system I had never seen before. On a keypad you punched in your floor and it told you which elevator you were to take and when you walked into the elevator there was no button to punch. It took you straight to the desired floor.

Room Tip: High floor looking toward river is best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Khajorn
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is my second stay at the Sheraton New Orleans. First time was two years after Katrina and, the hotel was in bad shape. Second stay was great, the hotel was renovated and looks amazing. Our room was very clean and evrything was new. Services was good and I am very satisfied. Very close to everything.

Elevator: They now have a new system where you enter your floor number and it assigns an elevator. (I think this works on next available) It was confusing at first but, a nice feature this way you know which door will be opening.

Lobby Bothrooms: In one word WOW. They are very modern and clean. They have the dyson hand dryers which I have been dying try LOL.

Going Green: They have a new program in which you get a $5 coupon per day if, you choose not to have house keeping. This is a great option for us since, we always perfer to have the "do not disturbe option". We used our coupons for the starbucks. These coupons can be used for anything in the hotel.

Pool: Very Small, If you must have a pool during your stay, this is not the hotel for you. Its a pool for no more than 10 people. With kids in the pool is non-usable. For tanning, there are very limited number of chairs maybe 20 total.

Recommendations:
Chop House which is right around the corner. (See my reviews)
Emeril's Delmonico (See my reviews) Tip take the St Charles Trolly
Cafe Du Monde (See my reviews)
Bourban St. (See my reviews)

Room Tip: We had the street view which we liked. You get a view of Canal Street, helps you gage whats going on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Waukegan, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked a king room for our stay. When we checked in, the front desk clerk said they were out of kings and we would have to stay in a room with two double beds. He offered no apology for this mistake. We had requested a room with no feathers since I am allergic to them. The front desk clerk said we could call housekeeping when we go to the room. We did as he told us. A guy knocked on our door and gave us foam pillows. We offered the feather pillows to him and he told us to leave them in the room. He quickly left without the feathered pillows. I ended up just putting them outside of the room. I decided to take a shower and discovered that there were no towels or soap in the bathroom. We called housekeeping again for them to bring up the towels and soap. We never got this. I had to track down a housekeeper in the hall the next morning to obtain the towels and soap. We decided to have breakfast the next day. We discovered the restaurant was under renovation and they were serving the buffet in the bar area. They had two servers working plus a hostess. It took the server 15 minutes to bring our coffee to us. A couple warned us not to stay but we stayed anyway. That couple finally got up and left because the servers were nowhere to be found. There are so many other choices to stay in New Orleans and I will make sure to stay somewhere else. This hotel could care less about their customers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IllinoisJohn60085
SheratonNOLA, General Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am embarrassed by the service and encounters you describe and would grately appreciate the opportunity to discuss this directly. Please contact me at your convenience at 504-595-5521.

Jim Cook, General Manager
Central Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I rented this room off of a discount hotel website and got a great price for one night ($100) for this hotel. I surprised to find that the only choice of parking was valet and they changed me almost 1/2 the price of my room to park for the night ($45). Still this hotel sits on Canal street right on the edge of the French Quarters and only about 6 blocks from Jackson Park. We walked all over the french quarter from there in one evening. Room was big and very clean. Hotels run quickly and check-in took only a couple of minutes. Recommend if you are looking for a higher luxury hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel has about 49 floors - gives great view of they city from higher up
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family