“Terrific view-Get a room up high.”

Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #80 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
“Terrific view-Get a room up high.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Went there for a wedding party. Right next to the French Quarter so easy for walking around the sites. Asked for a room up high and they gave it to us. The view of the Mississippi is 5 stars. Our front desk experience for check in was friendly and accommodating.

The price on their movies seems high ($18 for Zero Dark 30) and of course no WiFi in the room unless you want to pay extra. I guess everyone wants to nickel and dime you.

The Starbucks located in the hotel was the worse service Starbucks I have ever experienced. Line is slow, people that are supposed to be working stand around doing nothing. Then when my wife bought they asked if she wanted a receipt. She said no. Then we went to the side to pick up and they asked us to pay.. Told them we had already paid and they asked for our receipt. Finally someone remembered we had paid. Next day I witnessed the person in front pay cash. Ther Starbucks person wandered off without giving change. When they came back she asked for change and it took her her a minute to convince them they had not given her change. IN both cases initially the customer is treated as criminal and never an apology. OH did I mention people standing around not working with a line. I know this is not the fault of the Sheraton but they might want to pay some attention to it since it is located in the hotel and becomes part of the total experience.

Room was clean when we arrived. No problem with room cleanup that others mentioned. The view once again--get a high up floor with a view of the Mississippi and it is a WOW day and night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SheratonNOLA, Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hope you had a great time in town for the wedding! Great feedback and we hope you got to make use of the complimentary WiFi in our lobby for all of our guests. We are sorry to hear there was a wait at the Starbucks, it is very popular and we continue to work to improve the speed of service and experience. Look forward to seing you back in New Orleans soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Sheraton Canal Street has one of the best locations in New Orleans... just across from Bourbon Street and close to so many attractions! It has one of the best views of the city and the service is amazing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

What a great location for a hotel in NO. great restaurants in the hotel too. The only downside is the enormous size... Easy to get a little lost.

Pros: indoor Bball courts, glass elevators with view, food choices in hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013
Madison, WI
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this Sheraton for a business trip during a large conference.
The rooms were lovely, modern, and clean. I could not ask for more from a business hotel. However, I am giving this hotel a low rating due to terrible customer service and front desk staff. I would prefer to stay in a cheaper, less modern hotel with kinder staff.

Due to a conference, many travelers were lined up to check in. After waiting in line for nearly an hour, a man at the front desk indicated to me that it was my turn in line. I went up to the desk, gave him my reservation and credit card. He took my documents, put them down, and then walked away without a word. He did not return. I didn't know what was going on so I waited about 10 minutes just standing there. He was over to the side chatting with a friend, lauging and talking. Others in line were commenting on how rude he was. I got back in line and waited for the next available staff to check me in. He returned to the desk after I had waited in line again and was helped by someone else - he never apologized or explained anything. Then I was finally checked in brusquely without any hellos or thank yous, then went to my room and the door was broken. I went back into line again, got a new room, and that key did not work. I returned again to the line and finally got a key that worked. I spent several hours just trying to get in the door. That put a negative spin on the entire stay. If you don't mind poor service, the hotel itself is quite nice quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SheratonNOLA, General Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your expereince at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel. I apologize for teh difficulty you had checking in and getting settled into your room. The wait and multiple issues you described are not acceptable nor are they our norm. I would be happy to discuss directly with you if you could contact me at jim.cook@sheraton.com or at 504-595-5521. We appreciate your feedback and hope we can welcome you back to the Sheraton New Orleans soon.
San Francisco
Reviewed May 28, 2013

While I love the location of this hotel, liked the fact that we were on the 41st floor with a great view, there were definitely some challenges with this hotel experience. Most importantly, housekeeping--for some reason--just didn't want to clean our room. We arrived in our room the first evening surprised to find it had not been cleaned, When we called housekeeping, they informed us that they thought we were part of the "green" program (requesting no cleaning service for the day) and all staff had left for the day and could they just send some fresh towels to our room? We were a bit surprised at their leisurely response. Finally, they offered a $50 credit to make up for the lack of cleaning. The next day, we experienced the same exact thing. Our room was now beginning to include piles of dirty towels, dirty glasses, dishes, and lacking shampoo and bar soap. Again, we called down. They provided another credit of $50. I asked them this time to please pproactively make an effort to clean our room on the 3rd day. On the 3rd day, I once again had to call customer service to "remind" them to send housekeeping to clean our room.
Second, they should "work" their greatest asset in this room, the view. Unfortunately, our window was filthy, spotted with dirt and spots, obstructing the view.
Finally, our room was right off the elevator corridor and also had the ice machine adjacent. This is New Orleans and both the elevators and ice machine were in use all hours of the day and night. Very noisy.
I wouldn't choose this hotel again on my next visit to NOLA.

Room Tip: Probably stating the obvious: ask when you check in that you are not near the elevator corridor and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Clearly our team had you registered as participating in our Make A Green Choice program. This combined with our Clean the World program are intiriatives that had a made a difference in both reduction of resources and re-purposing of items to be used by those in need.

I am sorry that you were inadvertantly identifed as participated. Clearly our goal is to ensure we provide the services each guest would like each day. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us feedback about your stay.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We haven't stayed at this hotel for a number of years. We were in NO for a conference for 4 nights and because of the great experience from our last stay we never considered any other hotel. We continue to be very happy with this hotel.
They just finished refurbishing the entire hotel. Very nice. We are club members and stayed on the 46th floor with a wonderful view of the French Quarter. The room was ample size, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean and well laid out. The lobby was busy, fun, and has a feel of class to it. To a person the employees were friendly and professional. Easy check in.
A couple of frustrations were the TV and its slowness to change channels and the uncertainty of what channel you were going to end up on. The other is; even though we had the ac turned down low while we slept, during the middle of the night it seemed to turn off and the room would get very warm interfering with your sleep. Not sure what was going on.
The club room has one of the best views in town overlooking the Mississippi. The snacks were good and again the staff was friendly and professional. The down side to the club room is they no longer offer complimentary drinks, wine, or beer. In all of the other Sheraton clubs we have been in there has been complimentary beverages. This one used to. That keeps this club from being rated the best the Sheraton has in its chain.
With the French Quarter across the street we never ate at the hotel so I cant comment on that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2013

There was nothing terrifically wrong with this hotel, but neither was there anything terrifically right. Check-in went easily, room was big enough and certainly had a comfy bed. The bar in the main entry area is too expansive to convey any sense of conviviality. This is a business hotel, great for conferences, but nothing really more to it. Its location is super, however.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business