“Worst hotel I ever stay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Midtown Hotel New Orleans

Midtown Hotel New Orleans
Ranked #153 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“Worst hotel I ever stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We've been here yesterday for 1 night. Staff was gruff and the room... the room was terrible! Plaster leaves from the walls, bed was halfy collapsed and the bath had broken outflow. Moreover there was dirt everywhere: on the floor, in bathroom, and disgusting towels and bed linen. Avoid! Not worth 45-55$ which you'll have to paid.

Room Tip: We took a room from a coupon, check it before you pay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Igor K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here last year in Sept. and found the staff friendly and the room somewhat clean . It was close to everything I needed via bus. The vending machines where all broke but Burger King was on the corner and there was a small restaurant across the street. Gonna stay there again this Sept for the KC game. I recommend this hotel if your just looking for a place to sleep and be a tourist.

Room Tip: 4th floor seemed very quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Horrendous location. Wifi barely worked. Toilet was broken. Cockroaches. Sheets dirty and full of holes. Bathroom was filthy. Housekeeping like to wake you up at 8.30am. AVOID.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ross_L63

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

we set up a reservation through a travel service for the midtown on our way to nola. we were told that it was close to the dome, quarter, etc. and a police station was near by and it was safe to walk at night. man were we in for a surprise when we got there. this dump was not close to anything but trash and you would be taking your life in your own hands walking at night. copy and paste this link to see what happened to a previous owner http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2009/08/midtown_hotel_murder.html after seeing the condition we headed downtown to find another place. once we secured the room we call the midtown to cancel, nobody at the travel place said that we had to call them to cancel, which was the second mistake. after a nice trip to nola we return home and on the same credit card that we payed for the hotel we actually stayed at i also see the travel service. i call the service which calls the hotel and they state that we stayed there and no refund unless the hotel says otherwise. so i call the hotel and the counter person says that they can't help and i need to talk to cory which conveniently is not there. so i call back when they say he will be, go figure he is not there then either. so i call back at a later date and i get put on eternal hold, call back again and get hung up on. finally after many weeks of off and on calling i am told that i need to speak the owner, marvin dodd. so i send him an email with no response and make several more calls with no answer. unless you want to be screwed like we were, stay elsewhere!

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brian c
atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We had the most horrible experience with this hotel. We got to the hotel and the location was the worst, the parking area was a joke. Then we checked in and OMG, they gave us our room key, on our way to the room there was a sign, NON REFUNDABLE, that was the first sign. The room we was put in Had rodent droppings on the window sill and the table. I got pictures. The capet was not vaccumed and the frig was dirty, so we asked for a clean room, they showed us another room that one had hair in the bed and blood on the ceilings. Of course we to take a room there, so we went to the dollar store near by and cleaned the room ourselves. There excuses for the horrible conditions at the hotel was due to them being under construction. Yea Right, this place should not be considered a hotel. I WOULD NOT SEND ANYONE TO THAT HOTEL!

Room Tip: "Not this place midtown hotel"
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank terry t
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

We went to New Orleans on a popular weekend and this was the only hotel available. They upped the rate by 6x but I thought having the certainty of a room was better than nothing. I was wrong. There were cockroaches on the wall and in the bathroom. My feet stuck to the bathroom tile floor. The room was filthy and its smell burned the back of my throat (the optimist in me says it was Lysol...unlikely). I didn't see bedbugs but just in case we slept fully clothed to prevent bites. The front desk staff nearly gave away my room despite my having already paid for it in advance. I wish they had. Unless you want a good war story to tell your friends, stay elsewhere...even if that means the airport terminal floor.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank wilrob
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Horrible location, crackheads and hookers on street corners.Mid-Town Hotel is located in a run-down neighbor. The only good think I was able to take a cab to the French for $10. First let me tell you the room was in extremely bad condition, cigerette holes in my sheets dirty towels. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. For my safey and your safey place get a hotel downtown. I stayed a d Mid town for 1 and I just decided to a room downtown Queen Cresent hotel which is ten times better that Mid-town.

• Stayed April 2012