Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$110
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$172
$158
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$104
$96
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$124
$107
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$164
$139
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

$149
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$155
$134
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

All reviewsgarden districtloft roomcontemporary queencontinental breakfastfrench quarteryogurtcharles streetcarno elevatorfruit cupold worldday passstreetcar linetrolley stopbars and restaurantshalf blockwould stay againchain hotel
Reviewed May 5, 2010

We loved staying at this place, but ended up feeling ripped off. Before making the reservation, I called and asked about an AARP discount. I was told I had to book at full price, but could get the discount when I arrived by showing my card at check-in. I didn't remember to show my card at check-in, but did show it to them a few days later. I was told that I couldn't get the discount, not even for the remaining days of my stay. When I talked to the manager, she implied that I was stupid and a liar (because I said I hadn't been told that I could put "AARP discount" in the special requests box on the on-line check-in form). She informed me that this was their policy and there was no way that I could get the discount.
I ended up feeling that they were making it as difficult as possible to get the discount they claimed to offer. The desk clerk later told me that the "manager" was also the owner. Well, if you're the one who makes a policy, you can also make an exception to it. We stayed there for 6 days, so the discount was significant.
If you decide to stay here, just make sure you know exactly what you're going to be charged and check your bill carefully. Enjoy the friendly, knowledgeable, helpful staff and hope you don't have occasion to deal with management!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hotels3, General Manager at Prytania Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2010

I am Sorry that this guest does not understand the term and reasons behind " Policies and Procedures", but with all hotels, there are reasons why we have them in place. These are there for the fairness to all, including the hotel, its owners, and ALL of the guests. Not just a few guests, and certainly not just the hotel.

For a hotel to be successful, it must be flexible to some of the procedures and policies that are in place to an extent. Some of ours are bendable to a point, but past that, pushing being broken, is where I put my foot down.

Disclaimers and Policies are there for a reason. If I break my policy for 1 guest (such as this guest), then I must break my policy for all guests. Then I would not need policies , and it would be a Free for All.

She told me in no uncertain terms that I am a mean and nasty person for not breaking my own policy for her, and that she would make sure everyone knows. I told her that is her right to write a review, and that I would respond. There are 2 sides to every story. If this makes me a Nasty Mean Manager, ok, but then, what makes the guests. I won't go there as it is not in my nature or professional to name call. Remember the old addige, "sticks and stones", it still holds true for me.

THE PROBLEM: We know that many guests get confused when making online reservations, and that is why we place our phone number on the web site to ask questions directly. When this guest called and inquired about the "seniors discount membership" rate, our S.O.P. is to explain we can and do honor it upon check in as long as the guest provides us with their membership card to take a photo copy for our audit files. The rate would then be adjusted prior to check in completion. And that if she does not have it, then the full rate will be charged and no discount taken.

THE FACTS: This guest did call and was given all the informaiton needed to obtain the discount. However, she did not provide her card at check in, nor did she mention it upon check in. We presumed she did not remember to bring her card and knew what the policy was.

It was 4 days post her arrival did she realize that she did not bring it to our attention. Our F/D agent explained that we could not go back in time to issue credit, but we could compromise and honor it for the duration of the stay, 2 more nights. She got very upset with us stating it is our responsibility to ask her for it and she demanded it for the entire stay.

I was called at home by my F/D agent on my day off as she was making a scene in the lobby in front of other guests. She demanded to talk to me right then. I explained that we have many guests who understand and use for this purpose where to put "special requests" on the online reservation page (clearly marked online with notations of what this area is for), and that if she did not understand that function, that is ok too, and that she did the correct thing and called us to inform us of this need. We have our procedures and policies in place. And we did just that. And furthermore, it is not our responsibility , but hers, as she is the card holder. She got very upset and started screaming that no way was it her responsibility. I explained if company called her and said you just won a gift, but you must be here at 8 am on a certain day to redeem it, otherwise, it would go to the next person. This does not mean that you come 4 days later at 11:30 and expect it to be there, and then demand the item to be returned to you and then state that it is the companies responsibility to call you the morning of redemption to remind you.

She still did not understand the policy theory. She still did not understand why we could not go back in time. So, I tried again. This time, I equated this issue to a discount coupon to a restaurant. Where it has a disclaimer as to terms of use. If it states you must use between certain hours, or days, that if you attempt to tender it either post hours or days acceptable to use, that the restaurant will not accept it either. I pointed out it is not the restaurants repsonsibility to call every person they sent the coupon out to to make sure they follow the terms.

THE OFFER AND RESULT: Trying to compromise with her, again, we offered her last 2 days at a discount, She refused it. It was all or nothing for her. So she got nothing. I hope the next time she is traveling and wants the discount, she will remember our conversation and will do what is needed.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

When I first started reading about Prytania Park I was a little worried because the reviews were all over the place, and some were quite negative. I went ahead and took a leap of faith and booked a good deal through another site for my fiance's first trip to NOLA for Jazzfest.

It turns out that Prytania Park has three properties - The Prytania Park Hotel, The Prytania Oaks Hotel, and The Queen Anne, all within a block or two of another. From what I gathered, the Prytania Park is the newer development with the large, free parking lot, and the Prytania Oaks is in an older Garden District building, and The Queen Anne, a restored Garden District mansion.

We lucked out and got a third floor queen room in The Queen Anne, a lovely 1890's Victorian home, which was beautiful. Our room was quiet and modest, not the building's largest room, but perfect to rest our weary heads after a full day out on the town. It was comfortable, decorated in Victorian inspired floral motifs, with a seat near the window overlooking the Garden District rooftops. It was convenient to bars and restaurants. St. Charles and Magazine streets are nearby. We walked around -- in the daylight, no problem -- later advised by new friends that it can be a rough area, though. The street car is right there, as is a friendly locals bar named Igor's with a great happy hour and a breakfast diner with delicious Greek omelets called the Please U. The cab ride to the fairground and from the Quarter were $10 - $15.

Check-in wasn't the friendliest thing in ever, but who can blame people who have to deal with tourists all day. It was fine. I didn't check out the breakfast... opting instead for the omelet and the Cafe du Monde.

Overall it was a great experience, and I'd highly recommend booking in the Queen Anne if you can.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Stayed here one night Saturday April 17, 2010 with two children and it was probably the best hotel stay I have ever had- a cheerful and friendly staff, cool older bulding with a neat layout, beautiful coutryard, awesome loft room designs wtih balcony, convenient and quiet location, good continental breakfast, many quality restaurants and shops within a few blocks, etc. etc. Highly recommneded!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Hotels3, General Manager/Owner at Prytania Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2010

I would express my deepest THANK YOU, to this guest and all the guests who write reviews, good or bad.

These reviews help me make work harder to insure our property is up to your expecatitions so you will rest your head peacefully and in comfort when you are in my city.

I appreciate all the feedback, (Positive and the Negatives). I use your comments as a growing tool to better train my staff from Front Desk, to Housekeeping, to Maintenance, all the way to the Houseman who sweeps the courtyards.

Laissez le bon temps roule!

Sincerely, I remain and always with a smile,
Dori Halpern Schulman
General Manager/Owner

Reviewed April 9, 2010

a lovely friendly hotel in a quite part of the garden district
clean, comfortable & friendly helpfull staff. only 1 min walk from
the st charles streetcar
so handy for everything this city has to offer
try the avenue pub on the next block good beer N food

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2010

This hotel is conveniently located in a safe neighborhood on the St. Charles streetcar close to both the French Quarter and the Garden District. My friend and I had a clean room with twin beds and a private shower for a very reasonable rate. Very quiet at night for those that want to get a good night's sleep for early touring. A continental breakfast is available in the lobby each morning. They have one computer available to go on the Internet. I never had any trouble accessing it. There is adequate parking if you should come in a vehicle. Highly recommended for the budget traveler who wants a clean, reasonably priced, quiet and convenient hotel for touring this great city.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends