Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$126
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$135
InterContinental
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$259
$199
  • Fitness center
Hilton New Orleans Riverside(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$128
$116
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$194
$179
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$199
$157
roomertravel.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

$229
$219
$382
$329
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$251
$215
  • Pool
All reviewsgarden districtloft roomcontemporary queencontinental breakfastfrench quarteryogurtcharles streetcarno elevatorfruit cupold worldday passstreetcar linetrolley stopbars and restaurantshalf blockwould stay againchain hotel
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was my first visit to New Orleans and I wanted a place that was centrally located to most of the venues in New Orleans. I wanted to stay outside of the French Quarter. Prytania Park fit the bill perfectly. By the way, they also own Prytania Oaks and Queen Anne which are just a block up the road. My room was clean and airy. The bed was comfortable. I enjoy walking, but the St. Charles Street trolley is only one block over. I was able to walk to the Garden District (12 minutes) in the morning and then turn around and walk through the Warehouse/Arts District (10 minutes) and the French Quarter (another 12 minutes further on) in the afternoon. There are lots of restaurants nearby on St. Charles Street. I would stay here again. The prices are reasonable and parking is included (you have to pay for parking in the French Quarter).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Beautifully charming New Orleans hotel. Within walking distance of several great restaurants. Just a mile or so drive to the Conference Center. Not really a good way to ride the streetcar to the conf. Center in reasonable amount of time. We just drove. The continental breakfast was served in the shaded courtyard. Even in the summer heat, it was nice. Room was clean- had very high ceilings, and great bed linens. Bathroom was very small, and shower was tiny. Larger people may not feel comfortable in the shower or bathroom. (we had a second floor queen room). Overall, excellent value at only $59/ night!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Triandsteph
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My friend and I traveled to New Orleans for a quick weekend getaway. We decided to stay outside of the French Quarter, in the Garden District. What a great choice! It was quiet with plenty of great restaurants and easy access to the streetcar.
The hotel is minimalist, so don't expect anything other than a comfortable place to sleep and a light continental breakfast every morning. Our room was very spacious, we had two very comfy double beds - one up in a loft, added a sense of privacy. The breakfast was a basic continental spread, but a nice option for a quick bite. There was also a microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker in the room which was great for leftovers!
Only downside, the bathroom needed some maintenance. The toilet was parting from the floor, there was a bit of mold in the tub (understanding the high humidity in New Orleans) and the bathroom floor needed to be mopped (which it never was throughout our stay, despite a request being made).
Overall, I would stay here again, for the money you really can't beat it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank destinationqueen
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I really love the location and the room. We checked in yesterday and I tried to pay for room. Guy at front desk said to just swipe card for the fifty dollar hold on room. Now they have encumbered the whole amount of room plus the fifty dollars and then act like they are clueless. When I tried to talk to someone in charge, apparently that person does not exist! I had just been bragging earlier on what a good deal this place was. Also, when we came back to room after being gone all day, it still had not been cleaned.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Tricialala
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Readers,

I am truly sorry for the confusion this guest experienced. However, it is not what it sounds like.

When checking in, a guest, always has the option of paying cash for their room and taxes. You can tender at check in, or at check out. It really does not matter to us, or most hotels across the country. The only difference is if you pay it at check out, the C/C you guaranteed payment on will be authorized for the full stay plus incidentals, vs, if you pay it at check in, your C/C is only authorized for incidentals.

This guests checked in just before 5 pm, did state she wanted to pay with cash, but did not advance the funds at that time. We explained our policy, just what is written above. We advised she can pay at any time, but we would authorize for full stay. We originally set her C/C to authorize for the incidentals only, thinking she would tendering the room/tax cash payment shortly. By midnight, she had not come down, so we authorized her card for full room/tax to guarantee payment. This is Standard procedure for any hotel one checks into. We actually should have authorized it at check in, but we gave her the benifit of the doubt since they had been traveling all day and were anxious to get settled.

The next afternoon, she realized what we did, called down to the F/D to express her anger. The operations manager was off duty, and I was off property for a meeting when she called down.

We did just as we said we would, and she got angry with us for doing what was expected. I am sorry for the confusion, but what we did, is nothing more or less than the what every hotel in the world does, obtain a gurantee of payment until cash is tendered.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I'm a budget traveller and I don't have super high standards, but it must be said that in terms of value for money, this is a great hotel. As well as being very inexpensive, the rooms are quite nice. I stayed six nights in a contemporary queen, and the room was a good size, it was very clean, and the bathroom was well-maintained. The hotel is super nice, and as far as free hotel breakfasts go this one was quite good (the bagels were quite nice!). The staff were super nice, and really helpful. There's some nice eating places and cafes near by, and the St Charles trolley runs really near by. It's only a short trip by trolley to the French Quarter, and a cheap cab fare back if you're planning on staying out later at night. I would definitely come again, and highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo