“Nice hotel for a quick business visit”
Review of Hotel Provincial

Hotel Provincial
Ranked #14 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Very nice hotel in close walking distance to all that is going on in the FQ. Old feel added lots of charm to this hotel. I would go back again. Just out of range from all the craziness yet so close with a quick walk to get to all that is going on. Enjoyed the courtyard tranquility.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank greggv19
Write a ReviewReviews (2,774)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We traveled to New Orleans in October. We chose Hotel Provencial because of it's close proximity to all areas, i.e. Riverfront, and Bourbon Street. The French Quarter is a very walkable area, and travelling with all females we didn't feel uncomfortable. However, the narrow streets make it easy to get turned around, so utilized our phone navigator often. The hotel was very clean. The rooms are small, but only there to sleep a bit anyways. They had a nice continental breakfast, as well. Personally, didn't care for the chicory coffee, at all. But, I'm sure some would love it. The court yard is a nice place to hang out for a bit, and has a nice little bar in the evening prior to departing to parts more exciting. I did have a nice paranormal experience in our room. Had the sensation of a hand placed on my back very early one morning. Was too freaked to turn and look. But, it just kind of lifted and disipated. Kinda cool, really. I had read there were parts of the hotel that were haunted. Room was second floor overlooking the courtyard.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BGWind4KSU
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We expected a lot more than what we got. Yes location is excellent and convenient, but for the money we paid, we would have been better off elsewhere. Bathroom was so small, hardly one person could get into it; no counter space in it at all. On the plus side, bed was comfortable. Maybe there were other rooms in better condition than ours, but we won't be going back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob W
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel is in a lovely spot in the French Quarter, quiet but near everything. We stayed during Mardi Gras and were expecting soe noise but we heard nothing from the streets. There were a few rowdy guests runngin around the halls knocking on doors which I'm not sure would have happened had the hoel not been located in separate blocks.
My only real problem was with the housekeeping service. Twice we left the "do not disturb" sign on the door and both times it was ignored. Once we came back from breakfast wanting to get ready to go out but had to wait 10 minutes because the housekeeper had ignored the sign and started cleaning the room (she had no English so didn't understand when I asked her to leave). The other time my husband was feeling ill so I had left him to get some sleep but again he was disturbed by housekeeping knocking on the door and he had to spend some minutes explaining that he didn't want the room cleaned. It's not the worse problem I have ever had in a hotel but it was irritating and we felt as though we could relax properly in case we were disturbed.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building 5 which has no balcony or courtyard but is quiet so ask for different building...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carlosthesnake
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here from February 19-24th. We stayed in two different rooms while here. They had double booked the first room we stayed in but were awesome about getting us into another room that was actually an upgraded suite with private balcony and view. Can't complain. Both rooms were really nice and each had different things we liked about them. LOVED the location. We were two blocks from the French Market and Jackson Square and only 6 blocks from Bourbon Street. The continental breakfast was nice to have every morning. The staff was very helpful with directing us to some great smaller restaurants that the locals love. They also helped us find the parade times and routes. Will definitely be going back next year and staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lori g
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This was my first trip to New Orleans and I'm happy to report that the Hotel Provincial is a nice Boutique Hotel in the French Quarters that offers comfort, style, peace & quiet. My stay was for three days / two nights on Nov 9th, 2013 to watch the Saints - Cowboy thrashing! :) The beds slept comfortable, the bathroom was clean but there was no HD services nor any HD televisions but they offered free wifi. The atmosphere is awesome and the location is great; everything is in walking distance. They offer free breakfast but let me be clear it's nothing more than small mini muffins, toast, small boxes of cereals, tea/coffee, and a few pieces of fruit. If you are looking for a major chain hotel, this isn't the place but you won't be disappointed... I will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NorthernNJFam5
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at this charming property for a week during Mardi Gras. The room (314) was the nicest, most unique room we've ever had.
The bathroom seems to have been recently updated and the beds were super comfy.
The continental breakfast included with the rate was a nice perk and included fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee (in addition to the in-room coffee), bagels, assorted Danish, orange juice, & hard-boiled eggs. To have that amenity offered during the Carnival season was much appreciated.
Housekeeping was very reliable, having missed service just once during our week-long stay. Truth be told, that was likely our fault, as we left the room around 10 that morning.
Parking was reasonable for the Quarter and the valet staff was very friendly. The front desk staff was out of this world. I've got mobility issues and one night after the parades I discovered I'd lost a screw for one of my crutches, making walking very dangerous, if not next to impossible. My husband went to the very busy front desk and was assisted promptly; though the fix was only temporary, the agent suggested we work with maintenance in the morning for a more permanent solution.
The location could not be beat. Approximately 5 blocks from Jackson Square and well within walking distance to the uptown parade routes without having to deal with the hassle of Bourbon Street if you didn't want to, but close enough to walk if you did.
The buildings themselves were very well-maintained, the lobby was beautiful, & we couldn't have been happier with our choice. We WILL be back. Thank you, Hotel Provincial, for the dream trip of a lifetime!!!

• Stayed: March 2014