“Lovely hotel”
Review of Hotel Provincial

Hotel Provincial
Ranked #16 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is old and charming, right in the French Quarter within easy walking distance of all the sites. There are lovely courtyards where you sit among the plants and flowers and read, use the pool, or have your breakfast. We enjoyed our time there and our only complaint was that an ice machine door fell down and bloodied my husband's nose. He informed the staff so that it could be attended to so no one else would be hurt and they were very apologetic and sympathetic. I would definitely stay at this hotel again should we go back to NOLA!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joyformusic
Write a ReviewReviews (2,776)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

just got back from NOL and had the time of our lives!! I travelled with my BFF and stayed in room 114 on the fround floor, everyone was wonderfull we were also invited to a wedding that was being hels right outside our door in the courtyard. This hotel was steps away fom everything from the market to the street cars, the pool was very clean and so were our room. Sometimes we heard people outide but it wasn't too loud. We are alradt planning to go back next year, they were redoing rooms by the pool while we were there.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 114 right off the courtyard BEAUTIFUL!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed 3 nights from 26th June for my wife’s 60th birthday as with most of the other reviews the Provincial has a fantastic location with easy access to most of New Orleans. I am led to believe the property was a former military hospital which is evident by the design and layout, we stayed in building 5 but the view was somewhat limited looking out onto the courtyard/carpark never the less the hotel was clean and comfortable although at the time of our stay there was a lot of ongoing refurbish work. New Orleans is a great place to visit and the hotel is very reasonably priced for the French quarter and I would defiantly stay here again should we return to New Orleans. Visit the plantations $79 well worth the trip and gives you a great insight into the history of the Deep South particularly as we are from the UK.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christopher W
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I loved the location because It was within walking distance to bourbon street & close to everything we wanted to see. The rooms were adorable. The only problem with Our room was the restroom. It was in bad shape & needed some repairs. The paint was peeling from The wall in several areas. Other than that It was cute. Patio área & pool were nice. Lobby was also elegant And continental breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have stayed many places in the French Quarter, with many disappointments. I researched and chose this hotel, still with concerns. I was greeted at the portico entrance and rapidly checked in. We stayed in the taller building facing the river and French Market. As the door opened, I held my breath, expecting dark and cramped with wildly out of date patterned bedspreads. Nope, not even close. Cream colored covers, fluffy pillows and crisp white sheets. The bathroom was small, but cleverly put together to be extremely useful and attractive, with solid stone counters and neutral warm toned paint. If you drive and stay in the Quarter, you will pay to park, consider it part of the price. Having said that, I could see my car and knew that it was well protected in the enclosing circle of their many buildings, I liked that a lot. When we took it for a drive on River Road, we got our car immediately, liked that too. The pool was clean and inviting for my kids to swim in every night, while I lounged on a chaise, loved that too. I always thought I wanted to stay toward or even in the Central Business District, but I am absolutely sold on this end of the Quarter now. The trolley is just down the hill a block or two and will take you to the Garden District, the CBD, or even NOMA. I never stayed the same place twice in this city, but those days are over. I will never consider another hotel. If you want to stay in the quarter, for the price and location, there is none better. There may be some more upscale, but be prepared to pay twice as much or more. Oh, and I never really noticed a great deal of noise, the French Market closes early enough to solve the sleeping issue, at least in the building I was in.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor of the taller building facing the French Market and the Mississippi River...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Liz M
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Provincial in September 2012 when a girlfriend and I were visiting NOLA. We wanted a hotel in the FQ but not one right in the thick of it all. Hotel Provincial was perfect in that regard. We had quick access to the FQ but on a quiet street. I'm returning in a couple of months and cannot wait! The pool/courtyard, the rooms, the bar, everything was perfect. When we were there, they were doing some renovations in Building 5, but other than the construction materials, there was no evidence that work was going on (such as noise). I almost hate to write this review for fear that this gem of a hotel will become too popular!

(There isn't a fitness center or room service, at least that I was aware of, so I rated those as "average." But I don't care. I don't need those things."

Room Tip: Poolside rooms can be noisy at times. I recommend Building 5, which is close to the pool but not so...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We booked this hotel for the 4th of July weekend. The location is awesome - walking distance from Bourbon Street and the street car that takes you to the Convention Center. The staff was sometimes a bit snippy. Shirlaine (spelling?) was awesome, sweet, and funny. The two older gentlemen who man the front desk early in the morning and late at night were sometimes a little rude, but for the most part it was a great stay. When we were there the pool was closed. Our room was small but cozy and as clean as you can expect a very old room to be. It wasn't immaculate - the toilet was not flushed and the carpet seems a bit worn for wear, a couple of the washcloths were a bit threadbare. There was a room adjoined to ours and I could hear every conversation in the room next door, but it wasn't horrible. The continental breakfast in the morning was a great way to start the day. I would consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends