“Very friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Hotel Provincial

Hotel Provincial
Ranked #20 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This hotel was very nice! I really have no complaints. (except the breakfast did not have waffles..waffles are important to me)

I stayed in building 5 so it was on the older side but it was very well maintained. The elevator was on the slow side but I was on the second floor so I only really used it when I had luggage.

The location is great and the affordable price for the location is better. Parking was also among the cheapest of the hotels I researched.

The staff were very friendly and helpful as well. When it was raining hard, they gave me an umbrella to use for the day until I could go and buy my own.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed November 5, 2011

The Hotel Provincial was once a great hotel in the French Quarter. The staff is still very helpful and very nice. They want to help but the physical state of the hotel is not good. Our room was definitely on the shabby side. The hotel was very noisy both at night and in the morning. Other than the staff the location is the best feature of the hotel. We will not stay there on our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank califken
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have brought a group to this hotel for the past 12 years. Missed one year when we couldn't all get in.... was very sorry because the other hotel was terrible. Provincial is very charming with each room being just a little bit different. Have also stayed in the back way up a steep staircase but by the time you reached your room the enchantment started. The staff is so great that you can not say enough about them. Many have been there for YEARS and still have the same smile and remember you. That can go to show you how great it is because they stay. They are putting in a nice bar adjoining the lobby that will be small but quaint. In other words... I would not say any other place in the Quarter.

Room Tip: All rooms in all locations have their special value so you will not go wrong where ever you are plac...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I'm reading the reviews to the left, and thinking to myself, "What?" I was pretty stoked to come here, but pretty disappointed once I arrived. Since there are "five" buildings associated with this hotel, I can only assume the others stayed in a different building.

We stayed in building "five" which is supposed to be the oldest and most haunted. In case you did not know, the Hotel Provincial is supposed to be one of the most haunted places in New Orleans. As near as I can tell, the only thing haunting this place is the lack of money to fix it up a bit. But, if you don't get your hopes up, there are things to like about this place.

For one thing, I loved the location. It is down town, (down river) in New Orleans, and just a half block away from both the old Convent of the Ursuline Nuns, and a half block away from the Beauregard/Keyes House. Also, since it is on Chartres Street, it is a short walk from Jackson Square, the St. Louis Cathedral, and Cafe du Monde. It's not too far from Bourbon Street, either. The location, the history, and the price are all great, but it goes down from there.

Our room was almost completely devoid of significant decoration. I understand keeping with the historic designation, but the room was bland, poorly kept, and in need of repair. Our faucet dripped the whole time we were here, the air-conditioner was very noisy, and this was the only hotel room I have ever stayed in that did not have any tourist information in it at all. The only information in this room was a local phone book.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't entirely hate the place. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The continental breakfast was adequate, and I loved that high-speed internet was included in the price. If you can get a good deal on this place, (as we did), take it, just don't expect too much and you'll be OK. After all, you aren't in New Orleans to spend all day in your room, right?

Oh, by the way, you might be interested in this little note on the service. When we arrived, the clerk at the desk gave our keys to the bellman to show us to our room. He did not even offer to open a door or carry our luggage. Then, when we were out of site of the clerk, but in visible range of the building, he pointed out which building was ours, gave us our keys, and left. I guess he couldn't be bothered to take us the other 30 yards to the building, and up the stairs to our room.

Room Tip: Building five may be the most haunted, but, if the other rooms are like the one we stayed in, you mi...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank ovolacto
Reviewed October 31, 2011

we stayed at this hotel people are so nice that run it .rooms were clean and well equipped.nice pool and kept clean.hotel is in heart of french quarter short walk to see things and eat.bus tours sold at hotel we took one of city it was great.small free breakfast comes with room.a great place to stay.

Room Tip: we stayed in 164
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Is it possible to find a quiet hotel room in the French Quarter? Yes, if you stay at the Hotel Provincial. Most of the rooms face an interior courtyard (be sure to ask for one) away from the hubbub out on the street. The bed was extremely comfortable. Good I had an alarm, or I would have overslept. Staff at the front desk go out of their way to be of assistance. This place is a keeper.

Room Tip: Rooms facing interior courtyard are quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed in this hotel Oct. 26-29, 2011. The staff were great. There is a basic continental breakfast included. A great perk is that coffee and tea are available 24/7. We asked for a courtyard room, which was quieter than a street room. The courtyard hours are 8:00 am - 11:00 pm so we didn't have to worry about rowdy partiers when we wanted to sleep. It was nice to sit out there with a cup of coffee in the morning. The room was ok, nothing spectacular, but adequate. It could have been a little cleaner. The location is on the edge of the French Quarter which meant it was away from the craziness of Bourbon Street, but with easy access to wherever you'd like to go. You don't need a car if you're staying in the French Quarter. I would probably stay here again, but other favorite hotels are the Dauphine Orleans and the Hotel Monteleone. The restaurant "Stella" is there (dinner only), and is one of the best in the French Quarter. Pricey, but worth every penny.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for a 2nd floor courtyard room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple