“A little tired, but still a nice stay”
Review of Omni Royal Orleans

Omni Royal Orleans
Ranked #16 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“A little tired, but still a nice stay”
Reviewed April 28, 2005

I have stayed at the Omni Royal Orleans many times and found it to be a nice compromise between colorful (which in New Orleans can be a euphemism for shabby and out-of-date) and luxurious. On my last trip (April, 2005) I still loved it for all the nice things it offers: best pool and rooftop view of the quarter, excellent service and a wonderful staff (Marty at the door is a treasure, but not the only treasure here) but I feel that the rooms could use some sprucing up. I walked around my room barefoot all afternoon and my feet were black at the end of the day! Also the decor is looking a little tired in general. But given the fact that one doesn't stay in one's room much in New Orleans, it was still a very nice stay, although the bed was a little sprung. There is no better location in the Quarter: you are close to everything!

8 Thank Terry S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed April 16, 2005

We just returned from my 18th. trip to New Orleans. We stayed at the Omni Royal Orleans and it was the best hotel I've ever stayed at in New Orleans --well in any place I've ever been all the world! The service is top notch from the bartenders, bell men,desk clerks, maids, etc..top to bottom it was the best hotel experience I've had in many years of traveling. When it rained hard one night they even came down the street to give us umbrellas. When we went out they'd look for us to be sure we were safe. There was nothing we could have asked for that someone would not have moved heaven and earth to bring to us.I'll definitely be staying at the Omni on my next trip to New Orleans in October.Bravo--job well done!!~

• Stayed April 2005
10 Thank missnmsy
San Diego
Reviewed April 16, 2005

Very authentic New Orleans hotel with a great location. I loved the decor and the Rib Room was great! The concierge was very helpful, and we found the staff in general to demonstrate southern hospitality. The rooms were very clean and nice, but they were tiny.

Stayed February 2005
8 Thank SueZeeQueSanDiego
Mathiston MS
Reviewed April 13, 2005

I have stayed at the Royal Orleans several times and I always check here first for reservations! The hotel is clean and quiet and NOT cookie cutter so there is a very real sense of personality to it. The rooms vary and they all allow you an access to the roof. This is a great place to enjoy the sun and swim. But as it is deep in the quarter, the roof and its bar are wonderful for its view. It is a great Kodak moment and can be very romantic after dark. Room service is first rate and the Rib room is not your usual hotel dining expeerience. I would and have gone again and again and......

• Stayed June 2004, traveled on business
8 Thank gynechiatrist
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2005

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Omni and thought it was great. The rooms were very clean and the service was excellent. The room wasn't the largest, but no room in the French Quarter is. We also enjoyed the rooftop pool and bar. I think the best part was the location. It is only a block and a half from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon St. and only a few blocks from Jackson Square. (just far enough away to be a quiet spot on a busy weekend). If you're looking for a nice place to stay in the Quarter, and you don't mind paying a little more, this is your place

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2005

Great location. Walls between the rooms are a little thin, but the service and location make up for this. Be sure to get a room with a balcony!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
san luis obispo, CA
Reviewed February 28, 2005

I stayed at this hotel on a travel agent fam trip and I was so amazed! The view from the roof top was spectacular. You can see downtown New Orleans on one side, the French Quarter on the other and the Mississippi River directly in front of you. Breathtaking! The servicce was awesome. I reccommend signing up as an Omni Select Guest member. if you do, they deliver a newspaper and drinks to your room in the morning and mail you free upgrade and 50% off your next weekend stay coupons before your arrival date. Staff is very accommodating and it is in a great location. I definetly reccommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay at a luxury hotel!

9 Thank wonderlandprincess83