“Excellent hotel - very clean and close to everything” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Royal Orleans

Omni Royal Orleans
Ranked #10 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Excellent hotel - very clean and close to everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Let me start off by saying how nice everyone is at this hotel. I traveled to New Orleans on business and had a few late nights while staying here. They were so kind to have a wake-up call for me in the morning and even brought up band-aids and ointment to me after I fell and cut my knee. Such southern hospitality!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brooke R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
Lake Charles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The entire staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and overall I enjoyed my stay. I was in a small queen that had only a shower instead of a bathtub, however, I understand that is a personal choice. The room was clean, quiet and quite nice. I would stay there again. I was impressed that they give military discounts.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Lynda K
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel location is awesome, close to the action on Bourbon Street but far enough away to be quiet. Staff was friendly and room was spotless. Bathroom very small, hardly room for toiletries but shower great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Kathy F
Washington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel is great and accommodations excellent. My husband and I went to this hotel to celebrate our 24th wedding Anniversary. The staff was very welcoming and very pleasant upon check-in. They made our stay extra special. The rate was very reasonable. The location is close to everything in the French Quarter. We had room service for a late night snack and the wait time for it to be delivered to our room was very reasonable and the food was delicious. Breakfast the next morning was delicious as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends who are planning trips to New Orleans and to anyone looking to stay in the French Quarter.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret T
Hollister, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

As soon as we walked on the hotel we were treated great! Traveling to NOLA with a 3 year old an can be intimidating since it's not known as a family type town. That was all put to rest when the clerk gave my daughter a "kids packet/back pack" full of goodies. She was very excited! The following morning the doorman stopped us on the side walk as he ran back into the hotel to find a bottle of water for my kiddo. Again, awesome.

We were originally given a very very small corner room, but because we were staying for four days we called and asked to pay for a larger room. They immediately upgraded us free of charge.

I would have scored the hotel 5/5, but I feel the price for parking is a little steep at $40/day. Also because of the limited activities within the hotel. The refreshment bar inside the room was also pricey, as expected. We enjoyed $13 of goodies and were surprised to see that we were over-charged $75. Upon checking out we brought the mistake to the attention of the clerk who promptly corrected and refunded the mistake. However, I remain highly confused due to no explanation of the charges.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to New Orleans with or without children. The staff was exceptional and incredibly friendly. This was our first Omni experience and we will begin to search these hotels them traveling in the future.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Chris S
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great Hotel, Had a balcony, which made it really nice sitting out there at night or in the afternoon. The price of the Room was well worth it. Room was wonderful, staff was so nice and helpful. PERFECT LOCATION OF THE HOTEL ALSO. Close enough to the Water, the Casino's, Bourbon street area but far enough away you didn't get the noise. Just Beautiful

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Holly H
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Enjoyed our stay in New Orleans and staying at the Omni made it even better. The hotel is so convenient to everything in the French Quarter. The room was nice and the pool and bar on the rooftop was great. The bellmen were SUPER nice and helpful. I love the Omni properties. This is the third one I have stayed in and I have to say, the Omni is awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family