“All I can say is wow !!!”
Review of Omni Royal Orleans

Omni Royal Orleans
Ranked #16 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Arlington, Texas, United States
“All I can say is wow !!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is by far the best place to stay in the French Quarter, The rooms are beautiful and many have a great view. It is easy walking distance to all the great areas of the french quarter, restuarants, shops, bars and strip clubs lol. They have the best staff of any hotel I have ever stayed at and don't look down on you even if you don't tip. The pool area on the top floor is fantastic, and drinks and food up there is good and nicely priced. I really can't say enough nice things about this hotel. I know you will love it........

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Omni R, General Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We were ecstatic to hear about your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is my 10th visit to New Orleans. I have only stayed at same place when I have stayed in my time share. This time I booked this hotel through southwest.com. I read several of the reviews before visiting and most of the time I find those negatives not to be true. I found several of the negatives true on this trip to new Orleans.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

After alot of airport drama...I was ready to get checked into hotel and get a good nights sleep. When I went to check in she said she needed a card to pay for the room. I was confused because I had paid in full on southwest.com. She then stated that she needed a card for incidentals. I gave her a card and she swiped it several times and it wouldn't go through. I called the card and there was plenty of money on their so, I asked her to swipe it again. Customer service was not open because it was so late. I really did not want to give my debit card to hold money. So I asked if I called the company in the morning could we switch cards and the money be lifted off my debit card. She spoke to the manager Brandi and she stated they would call the bank in the morning and have the money taken off my debit card.

I went up to my room and realized it was right in front of the elevator. I had read several complaints regarding the rooms right next to the elevator and the noise level. I went back downstairs and asked if they had any other rooms available. They said they were sold out but would look in the morning and give me a call if there were any open rooms. This is the last day of my trip and I have yet to hear from them concerning a room with less noise. They had no problem changing others rooms when there was to much noise from a wedding on the 2nd floor.

DO NOT STAY IN THE ROOM NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR IT IS TO LOUD!

The next morning around 7 a.m. I went back to the front desk after calling my credit card company. They stated nothing was wrong with the card. The lady was very helpful and took all the information to get my card switched over. I asked to speak to Brandi because she stated she would be there in the morning. But she was not at work yet. Overall check-in for me was terrible. I think it was totally ridiculous that I had to go through switching cards and it was a couple of hours difference in changing over cards.

Housekeeping did not clean my room until around 5 pm or 6 pm daily. I found that to be totally ridiculous. I walked into the room while they were cleaning the room and she had the glasses running under hot water in the bathroom sink. That is totally unacceptable. I was waiting to see if she was going to replace them with glasses on her cart, but she did not. She simply dried them off and put them back on the self.

If you are a bigger person make sure you do not get a petite room. Everything is small from the shower door, bathroom entry, etc.

Positives:
Electrical Cords by the bed
In the room coffee is good
Pool is nice with a bar
Location is good

Room Tip: Anyroom by the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
13 Thank SoleSurvivor_14
Omni R, General Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
On behalf of the Omni Royal Orleans, we would like to begin by thanking you for your feedback from your recent stay. It appears there are several areas where we failed to meet your expectations as well as the standards we strive to achieve. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We are going to look further into this matter to ensure that this does not occur in the future. Please contact the hotel directly if you require further assistance. Thank you again for your time and feedback, as we appreciate them both.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just got back from a 3 night stay, and I have to say, we were not very happy. This was our second time staying here, as our first experience was great. We go to New Orleans 4 times a year, and were hoping to find a home away from home, as our son goes to college there. The front desk guy was very dismissive, even rude, to me on 2 separate occasions, and they would not accommodate our request for a new room. We were in Room 220; I had wanted a room with a balcony, which we got. But it was an adjoining room to the suite next door, and we could hear every single word they said, any time of day. Also, the mechanicals are right outside the room, and it sounded like a helicopter was landing, and making things in the room "buzz". Fabulous location, the room was beautiful, a little small with 2 double (not queen) beds, and a large balcony. Bathroom is small, but nicely appointed. The valet/parking garage guys are great, very friendly, as is the front doorman and the bellman, they really made us feel welcome. Don't think I will spend my hard earned money there again, pretty expensive, and certainly not to be disrespected by the front desk guy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

San Diego, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had a Very nice stay. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The hotel is located within walking distance of all the French Quarter area. The hotel was very quiet and comfortable. The hotel itself is very old but they have done a nice job with upgrades at the same time keeping the vintage feel to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed May 10, 2014

A truly lovely, welcoming, classy hotel. We had a lovely room overlooking the street. I would definitely stay again.

Everyone has different expectation when they travel, so these are the pluses and minus as I see them – not all will apply to you:

Plus: sumptuous furnishings, good sized bathroom with an amazing shower (probably the most power/water I’ve ever had in a hotel shower). Lovely robe, nice soap. Friendly helpful staff. Fantastic location in the French Quarter – one block from anything you want to see, but still relatively quiet. Had a great snack meal in the bar, and a divine dinner one night in the restaurant.

Minus: Like all beds I’ve stayed at in America, far far to soft and you sink down about 5 cm – absolutely no good if you have lower back problems and need a firm mattress. Hairdryer cord too short and no mirror (outside of the bathroom) to use by power point – a nuisance when there are two of you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for jazz fest. I wanted a hotel at the French Quarter because I was with people who had never been to New Orleans before. The location is good because it is walking distance from Bourbon St but far enough to get a good sleep. Valet is available but you pay the price. Courtyard view is disappointing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Castaic, California
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Omni Royal. It's a beautiful hotel and close to everything in the French Quarter. The only time we ate there was at the rooftop pool - had a delicious burger and great drinks. The room was comfortable - not huge but that's par for this area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple