5,466 results
All reviews rib room rooftop pool observation deck french quarter great location bourbon street jackson square royal street beautiful hotel balcony room bell staff rooms are small within walking distance mississippi river two blocks valet parking mardi gras
Reviewed October 21, 2013

For a quality hotel in this area, it's location is second to none. Close to Jackson Square and just far enough way from Bourbon St. to partake in the fun but not be uncomfortable with the walk back to the room. Great food, service and clean rooms. Some hotels in this area can be cramp and small but it felt right in size and comfort.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Without a doubt, this is the only place I will stay while in New Orleans. Not one time have I had a bad experience here. That's hard to say with most hotels. This is not just another hotel. It is one special place. Comes highly recommended! Worth every bit...

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank 5,201,122
Omni R, Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for such wonderful comments. We deffinately look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to New Orleans. My usual hotel, the W on Poydras, has gone downhill and is need of refurbishing. So, I decided to try the Omni. I have staid at other Omni properties and have always been pleased. I would definitely return to this property.

This hotel is located in the center of the quarter, not my preferred location, but that was the only downside. The hotel renovation was completed at the end of 2012. My room was a tad small, but nice. The linens and bedding were good. The gym was nice and all that was needed. In my room, my wifi connection was too slow.

The staff was wonderful. My hat goes off to the bellmen Dwayne, Rico, and Leroy. Simply excellent!. The bartenders were up to the task, as was my server for breakfast (Sara?).

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ichabod777

Thank you for taking the time to write about you recent expereince with us. We apprecaite your business as well as your feedback. We will be sure to send the message to our staff that had made such a possitive impact on you during your stay. We are looking forward to your next visit. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel was highly recommended by a New Orleans native, and it did not disappoint. It is located 1 block from Bourbon St., a 10-minute walk to Jackson Square, and 5-minute walk to some amazing restaurants. You couldn't ask for a better location. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. It is an older hotel, but they've found a way to modernize it while still keeping the vintage feel. The rooms are not big, but very comfortable. Their Rib Room restaurant has great food & drinks. Best BBQ shrimp I had during my trip. This the the only hotel my friend from New Orleans stays at, and the only hotel I will now stay at as well every time I visit the city. YOU MUST STAY HERE!

Date of stay: April 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Omni R, Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

loved this hotel in the French Quarter of New Orleans !!Great staff--location--my room was on the 7th floor--overlooking the pool---there is a pool bar---that overlooks the city--and a higher observation area--love the fact that if u join the select guest program--you are entitled to free coffee--or beverage of Ur choice--brought to Ur room --along with a paper !! also--they have different value programs __will stay there again !!--

• Trip type: Traveled with friends